Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Born in the Wrong Time Period

Joke_Master_Mandy

I think I would have been happier in the late 1800's or early 1900's. You were really free at that time. Now your every move is watched and recorded.

Just wait a few more years and antibiotics won't help with a lot of infections.

I often imagine myself in the Victoria era. Not because I have been reincarnated, but simply because after watching some amazing costume dramas that are frequently shown. That are set in that time, it just fulfills the romanticism in me. That particular era is just so lovely.

The fashion, hair styles, the country manors, horses and carriages. Even the way the English language was spoken including the accents.

As been said before, I don't imagine myself as a poor person, but one of the upper classes. Life would have been intolerable and unbearable as a non wealty person.

I do put all this down to the way the era is portrayed to me via the media.

I somehow wished i was never borne..

Life is so unpredictable to the point of driving me insane when is my next meal.. Things are so stagnant and depressed right now..

My country is nothing but a big city where only the rich clever and beautiful thrives and the poor ugly and stupid have to fight and claw their way to their next meal.

A concrete jungle with no natural forests and lakes etc.. The overpopulation and competition is seriously driving one to one's grave..

People are so unpredictable and lying. People who play people out, make use of people, going back on their words..

People have become worst than animals without compassion.. So controlling and demanding.. judgemental..

How unmerciful this world has become..

Edited by Electrika
  • Like 1

Miniver Cheevy

Miniver Cheevy, child of scorn,

Grew lean while he assailed the seasons;

He wept that he was ever born,

And he had reasons.

Miniver loved the days of old

When swords were bright and steeds were prancing;

The vision of a warrior bold

Would set him dancing.

Miniver sighed for what was not,

And dreamed, and rested from his labors;

He dreamed of Thebes and Camelot,

And Priam's neighbors.

Minever mourned the ripe renown

That made so many a name so fragrant;

He mourned Romance, now on the town,

And Art, a vagrant.

Minever loved the Medici,

Albeit he had never seen one;

He would have sinned incessantly

Could he have been one.

Miniver cursed the commonplace

And eyed a khaki suit with loathing;

He missed the mediæval grace

Of iron clothing.

Miniver scorned the gold he sought,

But sore annoyed was he without it;

Miniver thought, and thought, and thought,

And thought about it.

Miniver Cheevy, born too late,

Scratched his head and kept on thinking;

Miniver coughed, and called it fate,

And kept on drinking.

E.A. Robinson
Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

The thing is.. if you were born in another time, it would seem normal to you and this time might seem magical/perfect/ more interesting/exciting...

We are all children of our times...

That being said, I would love to be able to travel to these distant times (as long as I could get back for modern plumbing, electricity, dentistry, etc...)

• Like 2

The thing is.. if you were born in another time, it would seem normal to you and this time might seem magical/perfect/ more interesting/exciting...

We are all children of our times...

That being said, I would love to be able to travel to these distant times (as long as I could get back for modern plumbing, electricity, dentistry, etc...)

Yes, I'd be okay if I could quickly come back, take a hot shower, get some antibiotics and a cheeseburger every now and again!

• Like 1

Ever think of it in an 'outside the box' type of way?.. Maybe it's not the time period that is wrong but the way our so-called governments force us to live that is wrong. << Think about it..

• Like 1

I somehow wished i was never borne..

Life is so unpredictable to the point of driving me insane when is my next meal.. Things are so stagnant and depressed right now..

My country is nothing but a big city where only the rich clever and beautiful thrives and the poor ugly and stupid have to fight and claw their way to their next meal.

A concrete jungle with no natural forests and lakes etc.. The overpopulation and competition is seriously driving one to one's grave..

People are so unpredictable and lying. People who play people out, make use of people, going back on their words..

People have become worst than animals without compassion.. So controlling and demanding.. judgemental..

How unmerciful this world has become..

Aren't you a bucket full of sunshine. Life sucks for everyone. Doesn't matter if your rich, famous, poor, or ugly everyone's got their problems no matter who they are.

Aren't you a bucket full of sunshine. Life sucks for everyone. Doesn't matter if your rich, famous, poor, or ugly everyone's got their problems no matter who they are.

Too much unpredictable problems.

Yes I know that. I rather be rich smart and beautiful and sad. Rather than vice versa.

But seriously I rather not be borne If given my situation no matter when.

Not trying to sound negative.

Edited by Electrika

I would like to go back in time to the world before humans stuffed it up.

I feel the exact same way.. I really think everyone does. A lot of people have this urge to want to kill people around them, and thinking of days when it could be done or framed more easily would seem like fairy-tale heaven.

Me? I'm actually a chick who could beat a man these days...those skinny fools.

All in good joke.. Maybe. :unsure2:

Edited to say: Please don't worry, I've seen too many gruesome horror movies I wish were by my hand. Damn it. Just.. Just.. bye.

I swear I'm not sick. I love animals.

Edited by SpiritWalker7

'outside the box'

Nah, it's bigger on the inside. There's a pool in the library.

Too much unpredictable problems.

I think you mean too many unpredictable problems. Well this world tries to create order from chaos. All those itty bitty humans minds, all swarming with chaotic thoughts. Driving by primal instincts. No wonder we create more problems than solutions.

You have to consider how many people you have already been in this life. How you've changed over the years. Starting out as just a speck of dna in your mothers womb. Up to this point in time, which as you read this is my Past, your Present, and someone's Future. The present only really exist as a moment of awareness, because we are every flowing into the future. A future that we create with each moment every day, through out intents and desires. Who am I at this moment? I don't know who I am. I am always different. I will not be who I am today tomorrow. Because tomorrow will require it's own needs. So at each moment in time we are always changing.

Perhaps if we dig deep within to a place somewhere within, we might find that all of times exist at any given moment to us. What if and Just what if, when you imagine the past, it isn't your imagination? What if it's actually the past to some degree? Same with the future, maybe your simply looking at possibilities.

Deep thoughts, lol.

Nah, it's bigger on the inside. There's a pool in the library.

DUDE! Why has no one told me? I've been doing it wrong this whole time :no:

• Like 1

I feel the exact same way.. I really think everyone does. A lot of people have this urge to want to kill people around them, and thinking of days when it could be done or framed more easily would seem like fairy-tale heaven.

Edited to say: Please don't worry, I've seen too many gruesome horror movies I wish were by my hand. Damn it. Just.. Just.. bye.

Wah Sis so fierce ah?

Haha.. i am on the same level as you but not as fierce and wild..

But i don't blame you i do have the tendency to tear someone up these days too... Life is getting too stress need to release..

Edited by Electrika

DUDE! Why has no one told me? I've been doing it wrong this whole time :no:

My Type 40 is a little glitchy but it get's the job done. :P

• Like 1

My Type 40 is a little glitchy but it get's the job done. :P

I guess i love being in boxes anyways. :tu:

You ma'am are a special kind of crazy. I've never seen so many mood swings in a 3-line post, EVER! :-*

Edited by j4k3

One of my mum's friend just resigned from his job yesterday..

Could not take the office politics and backstabbing.

What a world..

Sometimes you do not have to do anything if someone decides they do not like you this is it.

My understanding is people in the past were friendlier and less complicated..

Now with so many things no wonder humans are going mad.

Kids are more stress these days and competition is getting stiffer..

Evolution is brutal and ruthless..

Survival of the fittest..

But you cannot blame society.for everything

If you had money on your hands you could quit your job and move.

If you were better looking things would be easier. People would be more helpful and nicer..

If you were smarter and talented.. Opportunities would come.

Just my two dollars worth . :D

Life is simply just too unpredictable. Things are not like it is.

People whom you would take bullets for are often those behind the trigger..

Life is sad isn't it?

Although money, looks, wealth and power may not make one happy.

But there are many who do not possess them are equally as unhappy.. or worst.

Edited by Electrika

--- I just wish i could go back to the times where man was free... you live on your own will and die by your own priorities. ---

--- tying to fulfill what one expects of you...tells you when you can **** and what to do. ---

--- slaving away 2/3rds of your life at a job you hate... only to go home and sleep the other 8 ---

--- We all live once and dont have enough time... living by unfair, unjust, and unequal guidelines! ---

--- we're all struggling and in need... while the elite look down on us with greed. ---

--- Thinking maybe one day they will change, until then we'll all live insane. ---

Live people.™

hope you all enjoyed -Jake

• Like 1

QUOTE(SilverCougar @ Dec 12 2006, 09:55 PM) 1459674[/snapback]

Well.. I ment the sex slave.. sub/master type thing. THough you don't fully "own" the sub.. but if you could find someone willing to be one.. XD

Yeah, I know. I tried to dodge around that. The whole idea kinda creeps me out, lmao.

dontgetit.gif

Ditto. That type of talk doesn't belong on this website IMHO.

I think the OP is talking about not actually wanting to be born in a different time but rather feeling drawn to the familiarity one felt possibly in another life?

If that's the case, I'm drawn to/feel very comfy with the 1930s for some reason...late 20s, early 30s..

Edited by SSilhouette
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I totally understand what you mean.

I cant explain it but i know i was ment to be born in the 1950s.

Its so frustrating and confusing.

How do i look into this more?

What does it mean if i know this?

Im confused as hell 

Jess

• Like 1

i always feel like i should have been born into the time of bonnie and clyde sometimes i have dreams where i was and i was bonnie the dreams always make me happy but when i wake it it makes me sad i know how you feel its like i want so badly to be back in those times but sadly we cant