Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

There goes the majority...

Pinky Floyd

WASHINGTON (AP) - Democratic Sen. Tim Johnson of South Dakota was hospitalized after becoming disoriented Wednesday, weeks before his party is to take control of the Senate by a one-vote margin.

Johnson, who turns 60 on Dec. 28, was admitted to George Washington University Hospital with an undiagnosed illness, said a spokeswoman, Julianne Fisher.

She said, however, the senator did not suffer a stroke or heart attack. His office had said earlier it was a possible stroke.

Johnson became disoriented during a conference call with reporters at midday Wednesday, stuttering in response to a question. He was taken to the hospital, where doctors were evaluating his condition.

Democrats won a 51-49 majority in the November election. South Dakota's Republican governor, Mike Rounds, would appoint a replacement to serve until the 2008 election should Johnson die or resign.

That'll teach 'em!...

And just when you thought that W was losing his touch... :ph34r:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Umbarger

• Avinash_Tyagi

• AROCES

• Pinky Floyd

Top Posters In This Topic

:ph34r: Some government agent is behind all this who is working for the GOP. They are simply expanding from hanging chads to grabing seats PRE elections.

:lol: :lol: Look at the GOP hopefuls, dreaming of getting control back :lol: :lol:

If it wasn't a stroke or a heart attack, then he'll be back, sorry to burst your bubble :P;)

Oh, just watch and see. We were able to cheat and fix 2, that is TWO presidential election right under your nose. We can do this too. But we kind of mess up with the last election. Precent was so well guarded our agents could not penetrate it. DARN!!!.

Last that I heard they were saying on the news that they were going to have to do brain surgery. You'd think that there would be some kind of medical exame before you take office or something to prevent this sort of thing from happeneing but, I guess that would violate the rights of people with medical disabilities.

I've got to admit though, it would seriously cheese me off if the person that I voted for never even made it ot the office I helped to elect them to because of a predictable medical condition.

It would so seem that the "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy", as Hillery called it, is indeed so vast that it even includes G-d! I bet thta there is a topic on the Conspiracy Board along these lines in less than a month!

I, in no way shape or form, like conspiracy theories -- but I suppose if anyone has a right to start considering one here, it is the supremely unlucky Democrats.

Consider:

• Florida -- George Bush loses the popular vote in national election -- then a "Banana-Republic-like" voting system in Florida throws the election to Bush, the less popular choice. His brother happens to be Gov of Florida, Katherine Harris, extreme righty, is Sec. of State.

• Minnesota -- The Senate's most Liberal member, Paul Welstone is clearly going to defeat Norm Coleman, who was hand-picked by Dick Cheney to run for Senate in Minneosota -- three weeks before election day, Wellstone's plane crashes and he is killed. It turns out the pilot has a very shady background, should never have been flying VIPSs. Coleman wins.

• Missouri -- Democratic governor, Mel Carnahan, cruising to a Senate seat victory over Conservative Creep John Ashcroft -- Carnahan's plane goes down three days before election he was easily winning -- Carnahan killed -- voters voted in his wife anyway, making John Ashcroft among the first to be defeated by a dead man.

• Ohio -- John Kerry appears to be miles ahead according to exit polls over George W. --Ohio would have given election to Kerry. Pres. of Diebold voting machines a well-known hard-core Bush supporter who said he would "do everything in his power to deliver the Prex. to George W." Massive voter fraud suspected. George W. wins again.

I could go on -- but again -- I don't believe in conspiracies. But now with Sen. Johnson getting an amazing brain attack just weeks before Dems take control of Congress --- JEEZ!

Edited by IronGhost

• Florida -- George Bush loses the popular vote in national election -- then a "Banana-Republic-like" voting system in Florida throws the election to Bush, the less popular choice. His brother happens to be Gov of Florida, Katherine Harris, extreme righty, is Sec. of State.

Also, you have to remember that it was the Supreme Court of the U.S. that stoped the voter recount. Later, when a private firm did a recount they found that Bush had in fact won the election. None the less, it was a screw up of world class proportions. People who were not allowed to vote under the state law still voted in many cases and the dems wanted those votes counted. Military votes from overseas were delayed for unknown reasons making them "technically uncountable". Clinton was still President at the time and could have slowed the military ballots.

Many people came to assume that the election results were fiddled with by the right when in fact, the only person who really could have done much to make ballots illegitemate was Clinton. It would seem, in retrospect, that he may actually have. We all know that he was not above doing a lot of dirty and underhanded stuff. Remember "Whitewater"?, the woman that he never had sex with?, the "assassination lists"?

Think about it!

Also, you have to remember that it was the Supreme Court of the U.S. that stoped the voter recount. Later, when a private firm did a recount they found that Bush had in fact won the election. None the less, it was a screw up of world class proportions. People who were not allowed to vote under the state law still voted in many cases and the dems wanted those votes counted. Military votes from overseas were delayed for unknown reasons making them "technically uncountable". Clinton was still President at the time and could have slowed the military ballots.

Many people came to assume that the election results were fiddled with by the right when in fact, the only person who really could have done much to make ballots illegitemate was Clinton. It would seem, in retrospect, that he may actually have. We all know that he was not above doing a lot of dirty and underhanded stuff. Remember "Whitewater"?, the woman that he never had sex with?, the "assassination lists"?

Think about it!

He was never indicted in any of that stuff, the only thing they could go after him on was the Lewinsky issue, pretty weak

CMON SHRUB, YOUR MAKING IT LOOK TOO OBVIOUS!!!! :)

I pray that he has a speedy recovery EVEN THOUGH I AM A REPUBLICAN, and I hope he gets to work in Washington.

UPDATE:

Associated Press

Johnson Shows Signs of Surgery Recovery

Democratic Sen. Tim Johnson has opened his eyes and shown other small signs of recovery from brain surgery that are encouraging to his family, a spokeswoman said Friday.

Congressional visitors continued to come to the hospital and comfort family members as the South Dakota senator's progress was closely watched across Washington. His sudden illness raised questions about the Democrats' one-vote majority in the upcoming Senate session.

Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid visited Johnson, 59, at George Washington University Hospital again Friday and said he looked "good, fine." Senate Chaplain Barry Black also came by.

Johnson suffered a brain hemorrhage Wednesday that was caused by an uncommon and sometimes fatal condition, and underwent surgery late into the night.

Hang in there..

I casually spoke with a Nurologist about this when I was in the radiology department at a local hospital yesterday (I was performing some PM on the portable X-ray machines). He said that it will be awhile before the Doctors can determine the amount of damage caused by this. At least 6 months, although a light duty schedule can be performed depending on the patient. He said some brain damage did occur, otherwise he would not have been as symptomatic to cause vocal slurring and ambulatory staggering. Whatever happened, it messed him up pretty bad. There is no doubt about that.

My guess is that he will not be removed due to Congress being loath to remove a disabled colleague, but he will mostly be unable (for awhile) to vote. He'll be up and about, but realistically not for 6 months or so.

It is the brain you know..