Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is this that I see

when.i.am.queen.

Hi guys

A little help here would be most appreciated.

For the last ten years or so I have been seeing things. Before you guys think "oh god not another loon" hear me out. I actually think that it is just a trick of the light or something , I would just like to find out why it happens.

They are little (ie miniscule) circles (transperant) with a dot inside each one.

They are always travelling downwards.

And i can only see them with natural light.

Any ideas??

Oh yeah and message/add me. Im new and looking for a friend.

h. ***

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• when.i.am.queen.

• rassy

• FrothyDog

What you are seeing is actually quite common. What you're seeing is your own cells floating on the wet coating of your eye. They are always transparent and the dot in the middle (the nucleus) is the same shade of 'darker' as the edge of the cell. Nothing to worry about as it's natural and alot of people have made the same observation as yourself and think they're seeing things. You're not a loon any more than the rest of us *grin* I remember when I first experienced this - I thought it was a sign I was to become gravely ill LOL because I saw spots before my eyes.... hehehe.

They are called Phosphenes. neat little visual trick, too.

for a start (though a short one) check out the Wiki

They are called Phosphenes. neat little visual trick, too.

for a start (though a short one) check out the Wiki

I don't know, it sounds more like what Rassy explained.

I have the same things, and they're distinct from phosphenes, in my case anyways.

Pheeew thats good.

I wasnt thinking so much that I was **entering another realmn of reality** or something, more that I needed my eyes checked.

Good to know its all A - ok.

thanks

I have had problems with floaters before...They get quite annoying, especially when looking in a microscope or telescope.

Being able to see anything from the structure of your eye is called Entoptic Phenonema.

Floaters are large shapeless objects, just simply clusters of hardened vitreous humour (the gel that fill the inside of your eye) which create a shadow on your retina.

But I'm pretty sure what you have is Scheerer's phenomenon (aka blue-field entoptic phenomenon). It's caused by blood cells in the capillaries of your retina. The blood cells absorb light and the dots which you see are a result of the shadows being cast. Most people don't see them because the brain is meant to be able 'ignore' them. I have it, although it's only really noticeable when looking at a clear sky.

Are the circles ment to be white?