Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If I were to go on a ghost hunt...

Pasiphae

Ok, here I am sat with a drink in my hand and once the thoughts had turned from the mundane, I thought of the extra parts of the world.

I must admit, I'd considered this thread while I was sober, but thought I'd get chuckled at, so with a bottle of Argentina Famatina wine down me I thought I'd have the courage to ask, so here it is.

If I wanted to go on a real ghost hunt, not a group of thrill seekers, how would I go about it Is there an association that I could ask?

I'd like to see how it's done, how it feels, etc.

Obviously, theres the chance I'd get the shakes and I would like to see how I'd handle that. But I've been in normal situations ( I mean normal by non-super natural and have kept my head.

If any one can point in the general direction of a South East or better still London Based hunt, I'd be greatly obliged, if you don't want to say on the open boards, please PM me. Thanks in advance. thumbsup.gif

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dancin'hamster

• Cufflink

• sfj21

• algernon the 3rd

I must admit, I'd considered this thread while I was sober, but thought I'd get chuckled at,

No one here's gonna laff at u Pasiphae.....If they do, they shouldn't be browsing this forum lol

Sorry can't help u with any organisations ( being one of those naughty thrillseekers myself )but I'm sure the lovely Hammy will know of someone you could contact.

If you have any luck, remember to let us know how it went

thumbsup.gif

One thing you may need is the psychic ability to send psi waves all around you and have them bounce back at you . A radar technique for finding ghosts as they appear as bumps in your feild as it is not affected by anything else ( except other psi waves , which are unlikely to interfear .

One thing you may need is the psychic ability to send psi waves all around you and have them bounce back at you . A radar technique for finding ghosts as they appear as bumps in your feild as it is not affected by anything else ( except other psi waves , which are unlikely to interfear .

Hope you're taking notes, Pasiphae.

I did a haunted house last weekend. And it was the first time that I knew for sure that the house was haunted. It was really neat. I got orbs on my videocam so now I'm just trying to find an app that will take all my frames per sec on my videocam. I'll make a website after I get if finished so keep a look out for it under my username.

As for the house, I didn't know what I would do till I did it. Whenever I wanted to run out the door I reminded myself that these people are dead and there was no way for them to hurt me.

When I got home and reviewed the data that I got, I was really glad that I didn't realize this at the haunted place or I would of ran!!

Take care all,

wub.gif

I completely agree with Thistle, Pasiphae. I've got tons of admiration for you, and none of the regulars here would ever find anything to laugh at in what you plan to do.

I'll see if I can spot any clubs in the London area. And Hammy's bound to have a few contacts, too.

Pasiphae ~ join a group or start your own!

I'm a member of Phantom or Fraud, and in another smaller group. The PoF organise large vigils and weekends away with lectures etc , while the other smaller group is like a social thing. We organse small groups in different areas to give all the members a chance to get to one.

ut if you do organise a hunt make sure you get permission (it's no fun clambering over large gates in the dark - I can vouch for that), make sure you let people know where your'e going, and try to keep any history of ghostly activity secret, otherwise everyone will start imaging daft things........ wink2.gif

I'll send you the links if you like!

Hammy x x x

*who is soooooooooooooooooooooo excited 'cos she's doing another vigil tomorrow!!!!!!!!*

grin2.gif

Morning freak.........why arn't you in bed?

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhh ~ only another 24 hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!

fnak

if you do organise a hunt

dontgetit.gif You talking to me Hammy? dontgetit.gif

How would you go about organising a hunt. What type of equipment would you need. Tape recorder, Camcorder with nightshot & Thermometer I know about, but what else is useful to have? Apart from nerves of steel of course.

At last I'm awake, with the help of aspirin and caffeine (Because one bottle turned into two and so on.) I checked in to see what had been said, thinking, 'oh no, I went and posted, didn't I?'

Couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised, thanks guys! laugh.gif

@ Hammy, I'd be a happy Pasi if you could send me those links, mate.

@ Cuffy, Cheers mate, rest assured the feelings are mutual, lol. If I manage to get on one of these things, I'll make you laugh with any tales of me running for cover. eek7.gif

dontgetit.gif You talking to me Hammy? dontgetit.gif

How would you go about organising a hunt. What type of equipment would you need. Tape recorder, Camcorder with nightshot & Thermometer I know about, but what else is useful to have? Apart from nerves of steel of course.

wink2.gif ummmmm.....well, simple things can sometimes be really effective. A compass in place of an EMF reader, a baby alarm thingy instead of sound recording equipment, trigger objects and flour or talc, tape measures, thermometers, night-vision digi-cams, dictaphones, note pads, dowsing rods/pendulums, a flask of weak lemon drink, spare pants, and a couple of cameras.

I'm totally unconvinced about orbs on digital cameras - it's usually dust/pollen/midges/moisture.

Hammy x x x

PS - nearly forgot - smarties. All the E numbers keep you alert and awake laugh.gif

if you want to go on a hunt visit

www.majda.net

they have chapters everywhere. they are an organization of ghost hunters and they let anyone participate.

http://indianaghosts.homestead.com/files/aindex.html

this site has alot of good tips and equiptment needed to conduct a ghost hunt. browse around on it. alot of info there.

Hey this has nothing to do with ghost hunting but i saw this pic in a book caled The Afterlife,cant remember who it's by,but it said that the figure was 10 foot tall and the picture was genuine,and not faked

i cant upload the picture,it is too large for the upload:(

You didn't mention where to get the nerves of steel from (or is that where the wine comes in) wink2.gif

grin2.gif

Nope ~ not wine (or Jack Daniels - my preferred tipple)

It's always best to go into these investigations with an open mind ~ not a credulas one. I like to take a walk around by myself to get a 'feel' for the place. If there is an area that I particularly get 'creeped' in, I force myself to go and sit there for a while, and check for any wiring, drafts etc etc.

I was a bit spooked in the last investigation *blushes at admitting to being scared*. I was in an active area, where a very odd anomoly had been captured on camera (a door which wasn't there showed up on a digital picture.......where a door would have been over 100 years ago...). I was looking over my friends' shoulder into his night vision camera, when someone, very, very distinctly breathed into my ear. I spun round......and ran off around the corner to see who it was.......but we were alone......the others were in another part of the hotel....... an hour later I was told that another member of the group had the same experience - unknown to anyone else........

blink.gif

Hammy x x x

PS A big Teddy always helps !

blushes at admitting to being scared

Nothing to be ashamed of Hammy. I'm sitting here at my computer in my unhaunted house, all the lights on........and I'm shi***ng myself wink2.gif

oh it is ........ I'm supposed to be the big, brave Hammy !!!

Went back to one of the places we investigated in October today, because guests and staff had been complaining about something 'growling' at them in one of the rooms............so I sat there and waited patiently......but the only thing that growled was my tummy sad.gif

oh it is ........ I'm supposed to be the big, brave Hammy !!!

Went back to one of the places we investigated in October today, because guests and staff had been complaining about something 'growling' at them in one of the rooms............so I sat there and waited patiently......but the only thing that growled was my tummy  sad.gif

Maybe they knew what they were up against bid brave hammy and knew they'd get in trouble so stayed away original.gif

Maybe they knew what they were up against bid brave hammy and knew they'd get in trouble so stayed away original.gif

LMAO

I wasn't very brave when that thingy breathed right in my ear!

LMAO

I wasn't very brave when that thingy breathed right in my ear!

everyone has their bad days original.gif

I kept get freaked out the other day by the wind blowing leaves and other stuff against by front door, sounded like things tapping and scratching at the door, reading the forum at the time didn't help ph34r.gif