Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yahweh Is A pagan god name-a god of thunder &

GoddessWhispers

There I am, conducting a yahoo to find out if I can discover any information related to another thread in this forum; (jesus entered into and read from pagan scriptures) And whadda ya know. First hit was this little article. I had to share.

Link to article here The author of this piece prohibits any part to be posted on message forums. The article is not that long, however it is quite fascinating none the less.

Thoughts!? :)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GoddessWhispers

• RisenPrism

• Cadetak

• Spurious George

Whatever. I've always believed God to be so awesome that giving IT a name could be considered blasphemy- for any name would not do IT justice.

Not that "It" isn't appreciated as a reference by "It" I'm sure. :P

Not that "It" isn't appreciated as a reference by "It" I'm sure. :P

I have to refer to It as something, don't I?

Yes? Good point. I'll call it "Cheeseburger".

Because I like cheeseburgers far better than what I've read of "it". And....I'm hungry. linked-image:w00t:

Would you like fries with that!? :whistle:

Still hungry, hungry.

Fries and cheeBurger aside, would anyone like to actually hold a discussion about the OT/link article? :)

I'm sure we'd be more than willing to ablige- if there was actually something to discuss. As much as I've studied religion- I've never really cared about where the names of gods came from- I just don't think that it's very important, and there are probably a few others that feel the same way.

I'll wait for others to voice their opinion , rather than presume one speaks for all or any other. :)

I think your trying to go with the "Christianity is based on Paganism" theory, which is fine but names don't really mean anything. The names of Gods are just names given by man.

If there was a man with a hispanic name but appeared caucasian does that make him part hispanic? It's just a name.

We can call God by any name and it wouldn't change the relgion.

Sure names dont mean anything, I prefer Bid Purple Two-Headed Dog over Cheeseburger but thats just me lol. And sure the name doesnt change the religion but it does add to the evidence that this religion, the "one true religion" with the "one true God", is the product of borrowing if not just plain plagarising of other religions that I'm sure no follower of God would even consider to be legitimate, thats the funny part to me. Believing Zeus to be real is childish, craziness, but God oh no he's the really real one, ya ok lol.

If God is so all-powerful like he claims to be why did either he have to borrow from or his failed prophets need to borrow from these other religions that have since been relegated to mythology and the superstitions of primitive cultures?

Theres only ever been one god and thats Mankind, borrowing from one another creating their tribal gods. Somehow this shepherd tribal god of mountains and storms became the god of everything, then the god of everything except for evil lol. Sure it doesnt change the religion you know, but what you know of the religion.

We can call God by any name and it wouldn't change the religion.

Are you speaking here of a particular religion when you say, "it wouldn't change the religion." !? I ask because, if it was a generality I thought one would say instead, "it wouldn't change religion". Just want to be sure I'm reading you correctly. :)