Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Our canadian friends are freezing

Sherapy

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/st...f7&k=55976#

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...y/National/home

Take a moment and check out these articles , canada is feeling the brunt of global warming...

a persoanl shout out for all my canadian friends we are hoping things warm up soon for you.....

Hyper, and eleth, irish, burnside, venomshocker and Chauncy and all our regulars at UM....let us know how you all are......

Edited by Supra Sheri

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• BurnSide

• Conspiracy

• Malakthrin

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL.........I live in southwestern Ontario, we have had oddly mild temps for this time of year. It has been in the mid to high 40's the last month. Tommorrow is supposed to be 52......very warm for the beginning of December.

I often say that the area I live in will be one of the few areas that will benefit from Global Warming, indeed I may be one of the few proponents of Global Warming.

>

Edited by Chauncy

Geez......I assume that ya'll have never in your past started out like this............. :hmm:

Has to be global warming...........

Edited by SwampGator

Yeah, i'm with Chauncy. Thanks for the warm thoughts, but we don't need them. It's actually unseasonably mild! Besides having quite a wet week, it's been delightfully warm. :)

Regardless, it always gets extremely cold for us in the winter. But skin of the folks up here is thicker, so it'll take more than a few crazy storms and floods in the west to put a dent in a Canadians cheer. :D

We've had an oddly mild fall and its not really that cold here now. It only snowed once or twice here in Newfoundland. Not nearly as much as last year. It's not cold at all.

LOL.........I live in southwestern Ontario, we have had oddly mild temps for this time of year. It has been in the mid to high 40's the last month. Tommorrow is supposed to be 52......very warm for the beginning of December.

I often say that the area I live in will be one of the few areas that will benefit from Global Warming, indeed I may be one of the few proponents of Global Warming.

>

Chauncy i meant to put you too buddy i jsut got side tracked...

i guess where hyper and Eleth are is its pretty bad, , i'm glad to hear you are all doing okay....i haven't head yet from Venom or irish ..hey we loves ya , I think the canadians Rock and would move their myself but i can't leave sunshiney Califormnia even for you guys LOL....

Edited by Supra Sheri

freezing? what u talking about, its middle of december and its only -5 in manitoba, which is really really mild when it usually is -20 to -30 in earlier years

It's been cold here in Vancouver. Usually raining, but it's not, just COLD.

We have had 2 feet of snow, almost breaking the record a few weeks back.

However, Canada is always cold, this is obvious!

The weather is very inconsistant.

Edited by Kaknelson

Im from Alberta. This cold winter has stolen my manhood. =P

Ditto...I'm in Edmonton and my manhood is about to fall right off. :P:lol:

As Washington state is smacked on the backside by a 100mph windstorm... with freezing cold temps.. heavey driving rain.. and days without electricity. (If I had a manhood.. it would be gone by now...) Dear gods... I'm moving to Mexico.. the hell with winters.. I've had 30 years of 'em.. I'm done. *shivers* (we just got our pwer and net back.. 2 days of darkness... cold.. and granola bars. I'd kill for a hot meal)

Sorry to here about the cold. By the way, here in Atlanta yesterday it was 70, and I played a round of golf... just thought I'd let you guys know. :D

Southwestern Ontario for me, it is a mild 10 Degrees (Celcius). Really sucks though, I like snow. Looks like we won't be having a white Christmas this year, maybe I'll move up to Northern Ontario sometime :rolleyes: We did have about a foot of snow this time last week, it all melted though.

^ I was about to post the same thing.

Same area, and it's really a lovely day. A hint of drizzle, but +10 degrees past the middle of december is a freaking heat wave hehe. We'll be lucky to get a white christmas though. :(

Perhaps that's why it hasn't felt so christmassy this year.

It's been relatively mild in Michigan. By this time in December, we would have 1-3 feet of snow. But it has only snowed once here, and right now it's raining!

it's been in the low 50s/high 40s all week long. I remeber just three years ago, we got snowed out for two consecutive days. We had 3.5 feet of snow :)

^ I was about to post the same thing.

Same area, and it's really a lovely day. A hint of drizzle, but +10 degrees past the middle of december is a freaking heat wave hehe. We'll be lucky to get a white christmas though. :(

Perhaps that's why it hasn't felt so christmassy this year.

Yeah, while nice weather is, well, nice. It just isn't Christmas without a foot or two of snow. :no:

Sorry to here about the cold. By the way, here in Atlanta yesterday it was 70, and I played a round of golf... just thought I'd let you guys know. :D

*shakes fist*

Im from Alberta. This cold winter has stolen my manhood. =P

Hmm I'm guessing you must live north of Red Deer :P

Most of our snow melted off weeks ago :w00t: