Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Exactly who is Charles T. Hawkins?

Lilly

Ok, I know he's the author of How America Faked the Moon Landings. Beyond this I can't seem to find out very much about this person. Where was he educated, what degree does he hold, and in what discipline?

I did find some rather interesting information about him over on Clavius. So then, who is this Mary Morrelli? Does anyone here know what became of all this?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lilly

• Waspie_Dwarf

• MID

• straydog

Top Posters In This Topic

According to straydog:

Charles T . Hawkins has been acknowledged as having one of the greatest scientific minds of our time

Acknowledged by who? Has anyone ever even heard of him? He doesn't seem to have done anything other than possibly writing one book about the moon hoax. My guess is it's a pseudonym for one of the other moon hoax proponents.

According to straydog:

Acknowledged by who? Has anyone ever even heard of him? He doesn't seem to have done anything other than possibly writing one book about the moon hoax. My guess is it's a pseudonym for one of the other moon hoax proponents.

why dont you investigate it instead of guessing

According to straydog:

Acknowledged by who?

His publishers (well they weren't going to call him a dip-stick were they?)

Investigating this person is proving to be a bit difficult, did you read my link to the comments over on Clavius? I'm not much for guessing either, so that's why I started this thread.

So, who is Charles T. Hawkins? If he's one of the greatest scientific minds of our time; where was he educated, what degree(s) does he possess, and in what scientific discipline(s), what else has he written besides the one book I already referenced?

Inquiring minds want to know! linked-image

I have found a website called authorsandexperts.com It provides a review of the book, "Did the American Fake Sending Men to the Moon?" and a facility to email Mr. Hawkins. I have sent him this email:

Dear Mr Hawkins,

On a website forum that I frequent someone recently posted the question "Exactly who is Charles T. Hawkins?" It is next to impossible to find a biography of you on the internet, so I would be interested if you could tell me a little about yourself, qualifications, etc.

I would also ask for you permission to post your reply on the website. I will post it uncensored and unchanged.

If I receive a reply I will post it here uncensored and inchanged as promised.

One interesting thing is how the book is classified on the Authors and Experts site:

This listing is classified under the following topics:

Author · Celebrity · Famous Folks · Folklore · Hollywood

Folklore!!! that says a lot. No mention of the words science or fact I notice.

Source: Authors And Experts - Charles T Hawkins

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf

I tried, and can't find any evidence of him existing other than the book. Hense, the theory that it's a pseudonym.

I've just got a delivery failure notice from the enquiry I sent.

So far, searching for the name, I have found a dissertation on "A study of five galactic radio sources at 5 GHz" for the University of Texas at El Paso in 1968 and a lawyer in Oxfordshire, England.

For "one of the greatest scientific minds of our time" he doesn't seem to have published much.

I tried, and can't find any evidence of him existing other than the book. Hense, the theory that it's a pseudonym.

This is exactly what I was thinking...a pseudonym for whom though?

If you look at the Amazon book reviews , it's rather interesting. Clavius didn't seem to like it very much...he certainly doesn't support the idea that it was written by a scientist, let alone one of the world's greatest scientists.

Unbelievably worthless, December 11, 2006

Reviewer: Clavius (Utah, USA) - See all my reviews

Even by conspiracy-theory standards this book is patently atrocious. The prose reads like a bad term paper, much of it (as has already been said) lifted or paraphrased from web sites, and the rest a rehash of the typical anti-government rant you can find in any backwoods militia newsletter. It was allegedly researched by a gaggle of high-tech wunderkind whom its author refers to as the "whiz kids". Yet while these children ares supposedly smart enough to dispute the world's historical scholars over one of the most meticulously documented events in world history, they can't seem to find the spell-check feature on the computer.

Much of the book's copious photographic "evidence" is simply forged on the computer, and not even very skilfully forged. For example, one photo shows the lunar lander training vehicle slung under a helicopter, allegedly proving that film of it actually flying must have been faked. But the "cables" suspending the vehicle are simply perfect parallel vertical lines drawn with the paint tool. And the "whiz kids" cut-and-pasted a well-known modern helicopter type instead of one from the 1960s.

It appears investigation is revealing.

No one can find out who this very "celebrated scientist" is, who wrote this really bad attempt at re-hashing what can be found right here as pertains to hoax theories. It would appear that this fact is telling.

One doesn't need to guess as pertains to Apollo. One merely has to look at the facts, understand what's behind them, and realize that every supposed authority who has ever published a book or a video presentation concerning the Apollo fake business has been dis-assembled by people with actual scientific background and knowledge of the specifics of space flight.

No "celebrated scientist" has ever come out and said that Apollo was faked. Now, one could, and frequently does cite people like Percy, and Rene, and Bennett, and White, and even dare I say Kaysing (jeez...), and put forth their "scientific credentials" (you know, things like, "worked for Rocketdyne"(albeit as a librarian), and "self-educated engineeer"), however, it has been shown that none of them actually have any real credentials, nor any actual knowledge.

Apollo had people like von Braun, van Allen, Hubolt, Kraft, Aldrin, Schmidt...you know, actual PhDs in various fields of pertinence (and many others). No one can impune their credentials, or their accomplishments. They are in fact celebrated scientists, and they all contributed mightily to the success of Apollo.

Apollo has the real scientists. The hoax has people who aren't, and some, as in the case of this particular fellow, who's existence can't even be verified.

I believe Waspie's google search found that Mr. Hawkins is indeed a scientist .... And even found one of his brilliant disertations ... I should own this book in a few days and hopefully there will be some more information on him and possibly even a way to contact him to get his many credentials ... I'm hoping anyway .

It was very nice of Lilly to post that scathing ( who would have thought ? :rofl: ) review from the NASA disinformation /defender web site of clavius moon base ... but in all fairness to Mr. Hawkins , maybe we should see what some of his other adoring fans have to say about his book .... It would seem that not everyone is in agreement with Jay Utah , one of NASA's mighty defenders , along with Phil Plaitt of Bad Astronomy ...

Here are a few reviews from some of the folks who don't happen to wear NASA's rose tinted :geek: glasses when reading about ... How America Faked the Moon Landings !

Reviewer: Newboy

What I've been waiting to hear for years: it didn't really happen! The Moon is NOT covered with American flags, metal junk and pizza boxes like most of the Earth. And, I dare to hope, Mars, Venus, and the rest of the heavenly bodies are inviolate, after all. And all of that reflective rubbish racing across and blighting the night scare is just especially bad floaters in my aging eyes.

Well, look in Pravda for that date and you'll see: nothing about it in the newspaper. Case closed.

This conspiracy theory is not unique; it's what the author does with it that's impresses. , December 10, 2005

Reviewer: Tammy Peterson "amazon" (Florida, USA)

This conspiracy theory is not unique; it's what the author does with it that's impresses. I never thought I would find myself recommending any government conspiracy books, but the story plot is fascinating. It's almost impossible not to find yourself quickly warming up to the writer's charismatic exploration of science and human emotion. For example, there's a delicious scene of teamwork when the author introduces some of the unique members of his research team and their individual contributions.

Sometimes the author gets carried away with his skillful technical analysis of NASA's space science jargon, which I occasional had no idea or interest in what he was talking about. However that adds real conviction and creditability to the Moon Hoax conspiracy theory, only a scientist could brilliantly portray. Ultimately, the test for this authors success or failure lay with how his theories stand up to criticism of the scientific community.

Many thanks to the reader, who alerted me to get this exciting book., August 15, 2005

Reviewer: Jane Robinson "Jane Robinson" (Londin, England)

I picked up this unusual CONSPIRACY Book this morning at Barnes & Noble and have been reading and studying it all day. I can tell those of you who are diehard government conspiracy believers, if you skip this excellent book because it sounds too farfetched, you are cheating yourself.

And if you're currently not a moon hoax conspirator then you'll really enjoy this book. In spite of my already in-depth familiarity with the Moon Hoax theory, I feel as if I am discovering a whole new world of evidence by a very knowledgeable author who had studied at the feet of the masters like PH James Van Allen and was channeling them.

The book is excellent in every way. The evidence is unforgettable, the dialogue is witty when it should be and entertaining when appropriate. The underline plotting is so intelligent yet straightforward that you'll walk away from this great book feeling smarter than you did when you first picked it up.

Many thanks to the reader, who alerted me to get a copy of this exciting book.

Reviewer: Paul (Canada) - See all my reviews

As regards to the Moon Landing Hoax conjecture outline in this research book, we applaud the courage of Charles Hawkins and his research team, and their endeavor to uncover the insurmountable amount of evidence supporting their hypotheses.

After speaking with the United States senate I am confident they stand together with Charles Hawkins in support of the "right to know for everyone", and we will be pursuing our common engagement into the truth. To that end, I will encourage the United States and European Union to co-host an international conference to establish a forum to investigate allegations of moon landings being irresponsible military government propaganda on the part of United States Government.

I leave, hearten backing of President of the U.S.

Mr. Prime Minister thanks.

I hope this thread can stay on topic and not be derailed like so many of these threads are about the moon hoax ... If so, I would like to share some of Mr. Hawkin's ideas here about just how America did fake those moon landings ! :yes:

Edited by straydog

I hope this thread can stay on topic and not be derailed like so many of these threads are about the moon hoax ... If so, I would like to share some of Mr. Hawkin's ideas here about just how America did fake those moon landings ! :yes:

As the thread is asking who Mr. Hawkins is, surely you would be taking it off topic by discussing his the Moon Hoax.

straydog. as you want to play the quote the review game can I have ago? Here is the very first one:

What does the word "editor" mean to you? Presentation is crucial in any persuasive piece, and Hawkins does not seem to recognize this fact at any point in his nightmare of a book. If he had spent a bit less time writing codes into his rants and more on correcting his punctuation and grammatical errors, he would be much more successful in converting people to his theories. It would also help if he didn't present himself from the beginning as a martyr for the cause--especially since NASA hasn't murdered him yet.

If you want to see the complete and utter insanity of one of the "Moongate"-conspiracists at work, this piece is perfect for you--but please, get it at the library and save yourself the money. If not, I strongly suggest you hit the back button, erase your history, and try as hard as possible to forget you ever came across any mention of this terror. If you are truly interested in reading about this conspiracy, the internet is the place to do it, in conjunction with your local library. It would be a waste of money to buy a book on either side of the case when the same information is free all around you; the fact that something is published does not mean it's correct. Please do not waste your time on this book unless you can't find another pro-conspiracy book around--it's not a very smooth experience of English or of any logical mode of thought.

Lilly has alreay quoted from the second, which is from Clavius so we'll go to the third:

Surely the author is giving himself some good reviews on this website. No one with a ounce of sense or at least a little understanding of photography would believe this garbage. You can go into your own backyard with your own camera and test many of his ignorant theories yourself. You will get the same results as the astronauts did on the moon (no stars in the background, curved and non-parallel shadows, light scattering, etc.) Remember this important fact: even though the sky was black on the moon, the sun was shining at the landing site. It was DAYTIME on the moon. The astronauts suits were white, the lunar lander was covered in reflective mylar. Any long exposure photo in that bright light would be completely washed out. The shutter speeds were fast. Stars, even when you are in space, are not bright enough to show up in photograhs taken in those lighting conditions. IF NASA had faked the pictures and put stars in them, every professional photograper in the world would be able to show that they were faked with the stars, not without them. So stop looking for the stars.

All the other theories are just as easily explained. If any hoax believer would take the time to read the counter arguements and explainations to this author's claims, they would see him for what he is, an idiot. Actually, I don't think he is an idiot. It's the people that believe him that I don't understand. He can't possible really believe what he is writing. I think the hoax is what he is saying to sell books.

What strikes me as the most indisputable proof that the moon landings did occur is the fact that several hundred thousand people worked to make it happen, and he can only find a handful of people with questional backgrounds to go along with his claims. How could hundreds of thousands of other people, including former astronauts that had their missions canceled, keep secret the supposed biggest hoax in history? Check out [...] if you want the counter arguments to the moon landing hoax. Once presented with the evidence you will never doubt the moon landings again.

Or the fourth:

Kittens in Space! Seriously folks, if you came here looking for `proof' that NASA mooned the world -you need mental help! Go read something by the Illuminati, J.D. Salinger or look for the `real' killers in the O.J. Case - or perhaps it was the same cabal that killed Kennedy...? Better still go rent an episode of the X-Files -they are better argued than this pile...

Anyway I can't believe this guy is serious -especially given that this books irrefutable proofs (very funny stuff) -including incredibly inaccurate `science', grade-school grammar mistakes and silly `theories' and even funnier so-called `expert computer analysis' made on available NASA website photographs are claimed to show Kittens, Cats, and dogs hiding in the background of grainy moon photos...

Still I work in aerospace so I am perhaps not quite that impartial when I say that this guy is a nut - but since he apparently is selling this book at nearly 20 bucks a copy then perhaps he is laughing all the way to the bank with this stuff.

I see you ignore these before we get to the first review you posted. So onto the 6th:

Interesting how "Jane Robinson", "Paul", and "Mike Rothcild" do not have a single OTHER review! (Although that might change now that I pointed out the "hoax".)

As for the book itself, it does not even deserve to be mentioned. I flipped through it at a bookstore -- nothing but regurgitation of conspiracy theories which have been floating on the Web for years. All of them debunked long ago

But here is the best one straydog:

The author of this book has not done the investigative work himself, but merely copied the information and photographs from a website known as www.geocities.com/apolloreality. That website has been in existence since 1997, and hence the author of that website should take the credit, and not Mr Hawkins.

Mr Hawkins accomplice, a Maria Morreli actually has an e-mail on the feedback page which confirms that the info was copied from his webpage. Has Mr Hawkins has made a reference to the fact, and is paying royalties to the author of apolloreality, I doubt it.

You do remember that website don't you? It's the one you admitted was so unreliable you wouldn't use it again. I think that just about wraps it up for this "great scientific mind".

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf

Incidentally straydog, if you don't mind me asking, how did you come to the following conclusions:

1) That the author of the book is the same man as the author of the 1968, "A study of five galactic radio sources at 5 GHz" dissertation? I found several Charles T. Hawkins in my search and there was nothing to connect any of them, including the author of the dissertation, to the book.

2) That the dissertation is brilliant or, for that matter, that there are any more dissertations by this author?

Charles T Hawkins?

Isn't he that professor in a wheelchair?

Waspie ... Yes, I read those negative reviews too ... Say, you don't think they were all written by Jay Utah of clavius do you ? .... I bet they were ! ... and he was just using different pseudonyms !!!

Since the Charles T. Hawkins from El Paso, Texas is the only scientist listed online , I think it's a good possibliity that it's the same guy .

How did I know his disertation is brilliant ? .... Because I read it .

I had no intention of going off topic ... I will try to find out who he is , if he's the same gentleman from El Paso , and see if his book has more to offer than it just being "copied from the geocity site " which I doubt anyone would qualify as matching this review below .

"This conspiracy theory is not unique; it's what the author does with it that's impresses. I never thought I would find myself recommending any government conspiracy books, but the story plot is fascinating. It's almost impossible not to find yourself quickly warming up to the writer's charismatic exploration of science and human emotion. For example, there's a delicious scene of teamwork when the author introduces some of the unique members of his research team and their individual contributions.

Sometimes the author gets carried away with his skillful technical analysis of NASA's space science jargon, which I occasional had no idea or interest in what he was talking about. However that adds real conviction and creditability to the Moon Hoax conspiracy theory, only a scientist could brilliantly portray. Ultimately, the test for this authors success or failure lay with how his theories stand up to criticism of the scientific community. "

I doubt he really copied his work form the Apollo Reality site to get reactions such as these .."his skillful technical analysis of NASA's space science jargon " and ... "adds real conviction and creditability to the Moon Hoax conspiracy theory, only a scientist could brilliantly portray. "

But we shall hopefully have the answers to these questions as soon as get the book .

Waspie ... Yes, I read those negative reviews too ... Say, you don't think they were all written by Jay Utah of clavius do you ? .... I bet they were ! ... and he was just using different pseudonyms !!!

Any proof of this? Or is it just more of the paranoia we've come to expect from you? I'm thinking the second choice.

Any proof of this? Or is it just more of the paranoia we've come to expect from you? I'm thinking the second choice.

Well actually Lilly there is a third choice .... It's called humor ! ;) ... but then I momentarily forgot that no one posting on this forum has a clue as to what that is .

This is the same web site that Waspe mentioned yesterday , so I guess he already knew this information about Charles T. Hawkins but just didn't want to post it here ... for obvious reasons .

Charles T Hawkins

Did the American Fake Sending Men to the Moon?

Charles Hawkins, one of the greatest scientific minds of our time, believes NASA faked the moon landings. He has just published a 386-page book titled “How America Faked the Moon Landings”, which presents his evidence in a way everyone can understand. Charlie will one minute have your listeners laughing hysterically and the next minute arguing amongst themselves, if the moon landing could have been real. The nature of the subject creates a very exciting and energized program for listeners of all types. Charlie’s recent Media Appearances include: The Done Pace Show, The Roger Doyle Show, Dave Glover Show, Gary O’Brien Show, Greg Marshall Show, Tylor Morrison Show, Opinion Please Program, the Dave and Amy Show, Mike Donavon Show, the Pat Bullock show and even Ringside Politics, Charlie has also been on dozens of Morning News Shows including Good Morning America, The Coffee Talk Show and the Star 103 Morning Show.

For more information, please contact Charles T Hawkins

Tel: 612 801-2015

Fax: 612-801-2015

Email: Charles T Hawkins

http://authorsandexperts.com/search_detail.php?recordid=612

His phone number is not accepting any calls , so hopefully he will either answer our e-mails to him , or maybe the book will give us the info we are looking for .

Edited by straydog

Well actually Lilly there is a third choice .... It's called humor ! ;) ... but then I momentarily forgot that no one posting on this forum has a clue as to what that is .

Actually, we do know humor when we see it:

Since the Charles T. Hawkins from El Paso, Texas is the only scientist listed online , I think it's a good possibliity that it's the same guy .

How did I know his disertation is brilliant ? .... Because I read it .

Of course, a self-admitted non-scientifically oriented person claiming that the dissertation of a supposedly "gifted scientist" is brilliant because he read it... begs for some qualification...so, I think we see the humor in that.

I hope this thread can stay on topic and not be derailed like so many of these threads are about the moon hoax ... If so, I would like to share some of Mr. Hawkin's ideas here about just how America did fake those moon landings

I'd love to hear some of that...

But it might be best to start a thread about it separately.

This one is concerning establishing the identity of this supposedly gifted mind...who allegedly wrote a book about faked Apollo missions (?).

Now, besides the fact that the boldened statement is a rather graphic oxymoron, think it's rather clear that this supposedly gifted fellow is having a very hard time even substantiating his existence.

I've seen the book...and well, it's the same old same old.

QUOTE(frenat @ Dec 20 2006, 12:02 PM)

Actually, I find this to be hilarious...frenat and I are two different people! linked-image

This is the same web site that Waspe mentioned yesterday , so I guess he already knew this information about Charles T. Hawkins but just didn't want to post it here ... for obvious reasons .

You make a lot of guesses don't you. As usual this one is wrong. I only went to the Amazon reviews of this book AFTER you posted because I knew (predicable fellow that you are) you would only print the reviews that agreed with your point of view. I happen to think that the truth the WHOLE truth and nothing but the truth is important. Only then did I find this information.

His phone number is not accepting any calls , so hopefully he will either answer our e-mails to him , or maybe the book will give us the info we are looking for .

This is the email address I have already tried. You will probably receive a delivery failure notice, not from the mysterious Charles T. Hawkins but from Mary Morrelli (for more about her go to Clavius).

Incidentally that site you quoted used to say that Charles T. Hawkins was 41 when the book was published (that was 1n 2003). This would certainly make him brilliant as, if you are correct about his identity, he was publishing academic dissertations at the age of 6.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
Sorry straydog, i miss read what site you were reffering to.

Actually, I find this to be hilarious...frenat and I are two different people! linked-image

Not in Straydog's world. In his world, anybody that opposes him must all be the same person! No way could there be more than one person that doesn't see things exactly as he does! :rolleyes:

straydog,

You are making a valiant effort to stand your ground but these ones who you are debating with... are gonna do more than back you into a corner. Ive seen footage of a staged apollo take though it was only a small portion compared to all of the events of the mission and not even photoshop could have put all the coinciding elements that were in place. To try and claim that it is impossible for a moon mission scientifically though is a different matter for scientific explanation is the opiate of all understanding. Pliny believed that elephants could climb ropes and amazingly stated, "surprising when they climb back down". Perhpas it is with this logic we find people following suit IE an elephant that can hang over a cliff while holding on to a daisy-- I have looked at the clavius site and it basically just isnt a site to actually prove apollo missions happened but rather to disprove accusations. Both clavius and bad astronomy both depend on contradiction to get their points across which is not really trying to get the truth out and more towards getting confrontational.

expo2, you are going off topic, the topic is Charles T. Hawkins not general Moon Hoax theory.

I hope this thread can stay on topic and not be derailed like so many of these threads are about the moon hoax