Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Exactly who is Charles T. Hawkins?

Lilly

This is EXACTLY what I have been saying all along about NASA and their unsubstantiated claims of technically landing men on the moon almost 40 years ago . .... NASA can make any claim they want to but without any OUTSIDE CORROBORATION or any technical proof of their claims, they are as empty as Hawkins' claims of having "one of the greatest scientific minds of all time ".

What do you consider outside corroboration? The vast majority of the people who worked on the apollo project were outside contractors.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lilly

• Waspie_Dwarf

• MID

• straydog

Top Posters In This Topic

The contrators who worked on the Apollo Program were not outside of the project , but rather very much a part of it ... They all were very compartmentalized also ( need to know basis ) ... No one person , doing their own little technical job , would have ever suspected that the program was a fraud ... and of course their pride in being part of Apollo would never allow any of them to even consider the possibility that NASA was just using them all to pull off the hoax of the century .

Can anyone from these "outside" sources now provide any proof that their moon flight technology worked like NASA claimed it did ? .... Where is the outside corrorboration that NASA landed men on the moon ? ... In fact , where is NASA's technical proof that they landed men on the moon ? .... Nowhere ... because they never did land any men on the moon during Apollo .... and at the rate NASA is going , possibly never will .

As this thread is about the genius of Charles Hawkins(whoever he may or may not be), ( do not want this to turn into yet another generalized moon hoax thread. Please stick to the topic at hand.

I guess I received the Roswell special edition of the book. The publisher says it was accidentally not edited thoroughly due to a rush to meet some event deadline back in 2004. Does anyone know a place that has a newer version?

Edited by codecracker

Acknowledged by who? Has anyone ever even heard of him? He doesn't seem to have done anything other than possibly writing one book about the moon hoax. My guess is it's a pseudonym for one of the other moon hoax proponents.

For those of you that are wondering about this elusive Charles T. Hawkins’ scientific credentials hopefully I can help you clear up this issue a little.

I personally met Mr. Charles Hawkins a few years before he published his research book on the Apollo Moon Landings. I met Mr. Hawkins at a lecture on the Scientific Principals of the Earth’s Magnetosphere being telecast from the Iowa State University.

I will never forget this lecture since it was very scientifically intense, while at the same time quite entertaining. There were two scientists giving the lecture and covering the material, and they seemed like a well rehearsed tag team partnership. The main speaker was the world famous space scientist James Vann Alan and he had a special guest speaker for the event who I will never forget, it was the notorious Charles T Hawkins. Yes, this Charles T Hawkins, before publishing his moon landing conspiracy book was teaching Scientific Principals of the Earths Magnetosphere with James Vann Alan the famous scientist who discovered earth’s radiation belts (the Vann Alan Belts). Some of the things I recall Mr. Hawkins talking about during the lecture beside Earths Magnetosphere included his controversial theories about how he believed the solar systems are formed and why he thinks Mars was a moon of a very large ancient planet that was once orbiting between Earth and Jupiter and exploded millions of years ago.

Later students that attended the lecture were given the opportunity to take a picture together with James Vann Allan and Mr. Charles Hawkins. That’s right; James Van Allan along with Mr. Charles T. Hawkins, the author of “How America Faked the Moon Landings”, posed for a picture together with us. Another thing I specifically remember is how Mr. Hawkins had an usually large of students that were constantly following him around beckoning his attention after the even.

If proof is what you want – proof is what you shall get! One of my old classmates taped the lecture and still has the original audio tape and our group picture.

My old classmates says he kept the audio tape and picture all this time because he’s always had this strange feeling that Mr. Hawkins was going to make a big scientific discovery someday.

My friend is willing to give me a copy of the group picture to put online so people can cross reference Mr. Van Allan’s and Charles Hawkins picture with the one found on www.777Radio.com. When I get it I will post it here.

As far as the lecture tape goes, he is only willing to give me a snippet of the lecture tape as proof the Van Allen / Hawkins lecture event took place. However, if you have heard Hawkins speak on the radio or TV it’s easy to tell it’s the same Mr. Charles Hawkins conducting the lecture with Mr. James Vann Allan. That Mr. Hawkins has a very unique way of articulating his personal knowledge when it comes to advanced scientific principles.

As far as where Hawkins is now it’s anybodies guess. Not long ago I read an article claiming the CIA had killed Mr. Hawkins and all the other scientists that helped him conduct his research on the Apollo Moon landings. Although I see Hawkins now has a video on google videos.

Edited by spaceexpo

Spaceexpo and/or codecracker; please read my PM to you regarding your matching IP addresses...thanks.

spaceexpo .... I have read where Hawkins "studied at the feet of Dr. Van Allen" .... So this is some very interesting information you posted here .... Of course for this crowd you will need to post the proof not only of Hawkins' connection with Dr. Van Allen but proof of his very existance ! ... But then if you are really codecracker just using a different name , then I would assume your post is just one big leg pull ... but quite a good one , I must say .

Hawkins' credentials that were listed in his book sounded pretty impressive to me , but unfortunately there is no proof of them and he could just be making it all up ..... His book does seem to be rather rushed in certain areas, where I wish he had gone into more detail with the hoax evidence .

Some of his photographic evidence and research seems to be on the lazy side and not always accurate ... Where as his scientific evidence of a hoax is much more impressive ....

No wonder he is so adament about the moon landings being faked .... Dr. Van Allen probably knew they were faked also but was in NASA's back pocket , so to speak... and was obliged to keep quiet about the truth of the immense dangers of the Van Allen radiation belts ....

I have read recently where even the Russians tried to send one of their cosmonauts through the radiation belts during one of their Zond missions ... but he came back cooked to a crisp along with some turtles , worms and some other little critters .... but of course the official version of this Zond mission had a very different outcome , and the absent cosmonaut , the turtles , the worms and the other little critters all lived happily ever after .

According to a NASA report , the shuttle astronauts couldn't get anywhere near the belts without seeing the intense radiation flashes behind their closed eyelids after only attempting a 400 mile high flight ....

But we are suppossd to believe that all of the Apollo astronauts sailed through these belts unscathed , to encounter even more intense radiation in deep space and then stroll around on the RADIOACTIVE MOON and all lived happily ever after !

Scientists now have evidence that the entire lunar surface is RADIOACTIVE .... Including any rocks which are on the lunar surface ... I wonder why NASA has never mentioned their alleged moon rocks as being radioactive ? .... Oppsss again!

For those of you that are wondering about this elusive Charles T. Hawkins’ scientific credentials hopefully I can help you clear up this issue a little.

I personally met Mr. Charles Hawkins a few years before he published his research book on the Apollo Moon Landings. I met Mr. Hawkins at a lecture on the Scientific Principals of the Earth’s Magnetosphere being telecast from the Iowa State University.

I will never forget this lecture since it was very scientifically intense, while at the same time quite entertaining. There were two scientists giving the lecture and covering the material, and they seemed like a well rehearsed tag team partnership. The main speaker was the world famous space scientist James Vann Alan and he had a special guest speaker for the event who I will never forget, it was the notorious Charles T Hawkins. Yes, this Charles T Hawkins, before publishing his moon landing conspiracy book was teaching Scientific Principals of the Earths Magnetosphere with James Vann Alan the famous scientist who discovered earth’s radiation belts (the Vann Alan Belts). Some of the things I recall Mr. Hawkins talking about during the lecture beside Earths Magnetosphere included his controversial theories about how he believed the solar systems are formed and why he thinks Mars was a moon of a very large ancient planet that was once orbiting between Earth and Jupiter and exploded millions of years ago.

Later students that attended the lecture were given the opportunity to take a picture together with James Vann Allan and Mr. Charles Hawkins. That’s right; James Van Allan along with Mr. Charles T. Hawkins, the author of “How America Faked the Moon Landings”, posed for a picture together with us. Another thing I specifically remember is how Mr. Hawkins had an usually large of students that were constantly following him around beckoning his attention after the even.

If proof is what you want – proof is what you shall get! One of my old classmates taped the lecture and still has the original audio tape and our group picture.

My old classmates says he kept the audio tape and picture all this time because he’s always had this strange feeling that Mr. Hawkins was going to make a big scientific discovery someday.

My friend is willing to give me a copy of the group picture to put online so people can cross reference Mr. Van Allan’s and Charles Hawkins picture with the one found on www.777Radio.com. When I get it I will post it here.

As far as the lecture tape goes, he is only willing to give me a snippet of the lecture tape as proof the Van Allen / Hawkins lecture event took place. However, if you have heard Hawkins speak on the radio or TV it’s easy to tell it’s the same Mr. Charles Hawkins conducting the lecture with Mr. James Vann Allan. That Mr. Hawkins has a very unique way of articulating his personal knowledge when it comes to advanced scientific principles.

As far as where Hawkins is now it’s anybodies guess. Not long ago I read an article claiming the CIA had killed Mr. Hawkins and all the other scientists that helped him conduct his research on the Apollo Moon landings. Although I see Hawkins now has a video on google videos.

Spaceexpo,

Going through the Van Allen papers, I can find no reference to this lecture or meeting with Mr Hawkins. You have said "If proof is what you want – proof is what you shall get! One of my old classmates taped the lecture and still has the original audio tape and our group picture. "

Could you supply these? In order to verify the lecture?

Many thanks.

No wonder he is so adament about the moon landings being faked .... Dr. Van Allen probably knew they were faked also but was in NASA's back pocket , so to speak... and was obliged to keep quiet about the truth of the immense dangers of the Van Allen radiation belts ....

Dr Van Allen's family would be most upset that he was forced to live a lie... you have proof of this, supporting your claim?

I have read recently where even the Russians tried to send one of their cosmonauts through the radiation belts during one of their Zond missions ... but he came back cooked to a crisp along with some turtles , worms and some other little critters .... but of course the official version of this Zond mission had a very different outcome , and the absent cosmonaut , the turtles , the worms and the other little critters all lived happily ever after .

Fascinating! Could I have a reference for that please?

According to a NASA report , the shuttle astronauts couldn't get anywhere near the belts without seeing the intense radiation flashes behind their closed eyelids after only attempting a 400 mile high flight ....

More most interesting material. Again, could I have a reference for that? So that I can further examine the physiological circumstances regarding this phenomena?

Scientists now have evidence that the entire lunar surface is RADIOACTIVE .... Including any rocks which are on the lunar surface ... I wonder why NASA has never mentioned their alleged moon rocks as being radioactive ? .... Oppsss again!

Once again, I am sure you have a reference to support that claim? You are not mistaking that with the phenomena of Bremsstrahlung, are you?

But we are suppossd to believe that all of the Apollo astronauts sailed through these belts unscathed , to encounter even more intense radiation in deep space and then stroll around on the RADIOACTIVE MOON and all lived happily ever after !

Yes, they did just that. Six feet of lead isn't necessary to shield from radiation (as was explained many times over in other threads). Acrylics, plactics, plexiglass, lucite, even wood is effective against some forms of radiation. Also, the amount and time limit of exposure needs to be taken into account. I remember going over this kind of thing extensively in some of the other threads.

OOpss...NASA does know about radiation on the moon.

Ackkk...I just noticed I've veered off topic as well! Anyway, I'm sure that an accomplished scientist such as Mr. Hawkins would realize all of this information and explain things accordingly.

According to the Vision for Space Exploration, NASA plans to send astronauts back to the Moon by 2020 and, eventually, to set up an outpost. For people to live and work on the Moon safely, the radiation problem must be solved.

"We really need to know more about the radiation environment on the Moon, especially if people will be staying there for more than just a few days," says Harlan Spence, a professor of astronomy at Boston University.

Take specific note about the "if people will be staying there for more than just a few days" clause.

Edited by Lilly

Spaceexpo,

Going through the Van Allen papers, I can find no reference to this lecture or meeting with Mr Hawkins. You have said "If proof is what you want – proof is what you shall get! One of my old classmates taped the lecture and still has the original audio tape and our group picture. "

Could you supply these? In order to verify the lecture?

Many thanks.

I have a feeling we may be dealing with a bit of a game here.

It seems a little strange that someone who attended a lecture on the scientific principals of the Earth's magnetosphere, featuring the man who discovered them, would mis-spell his name (Vann Alan?). It is also somewhat curious that on the Iowa State University site, lectures for the past 5 years or so have been listed, and I cannot find any reference to Dr. Van Allen. Curious also is that Dr. Van Allen would need an assistant lecturer when talking about a science he essentially invented.

Further odd is that straydog alleges that Hawkins stated (or someone did about him) that he "studied at the feet of Dr. Van Allen"

I find this equally curious, because Dr. Van Allen's own autobiographical, which can be found on the University of Iowa website (not Iowa State....), specifically states that during his tenure as an active Professor at the University (1951 to 1985) where he served as head of the Physics and Astronomy Department, his closest working relationships were with students at the graduate level. He obviously had great affection for them, and lists each one who received an M.S. or a Ph.D. under his tutelage during the period. He specifically list 24 M.S.s and 35 Ph.D.s, and the name Charles Hawkins...one of the worlds most respected scientists, and who studied at the feet of Dr. Van Allen...is not among them.

Of course, the last Ph.D. that Dr. Van Allen mentored was awarded in 1979, and the last M.S. degree under his guidance was awarded in 1983, by his own accounting. That's 23 years ago for an M.S. and 28 years ago for a Ph.D. Most people don't receive a Ph.D. in Physics much before the age when Dr. Van Allen received his (25), and that of course was due to unremitting academic work on his part.

Since Dr. Van Allen retired from active instructing 21 years ago, and Charles Hawkins, at least from that photo we've seen, is maybe 40 (+/-), he couldn't have been but perhaps 19 or 20 when Van Allen retired. It seems rather curious that he doesn't appear to be old enough to have received B.S. by the time Dr. Van Allen retired, and yet, Hawkins is said to have studied at the feet of Van Allen, which isn't corroborated by Van Allen's own records of his graduate students...which as he said were his main students...graduate level people.

I don't know, but it smells a bit fishy. However, one thing is certain.

Once we start seeing some of Hawkin's ideas about Apollo, we'll quickly see what his qualifications are.

I don't know, but it smells a bit fishy.

Yes, it does appear to be a bit *odd*. linked-image

However, one thing is certain.

Once we start seeing some of Hawkin's ideas about Apollo, we'll quickly see what his qualifications are.

linked-image

Spaceexpo and/or codecracker; please read my PM to you regarding your matching IP addresses...thanks.

NO we are not the same person, space expo is an outtown friend of mine visiting his folks for the holidays. He used my PC to create his account after I told him about your site. He gave me the Hawkins book when he got into town and after I started reading it and felt I cracked Hawkins code and then I started searching the web for more information and found your site. See my friend (spaceexpo) has been claiming the moon landing were fake for years and I could not wait to show him your blog and when he saw it he wanted to tell his story about how he knew Hawkins.

My friend is telling you the truth about Hawkins and when he get back home and meets up with his friend he will be giving you the lecture audio clip.

This things is so transparent, after doing just a little digging myself I found a photo of your Charlie Hawkins on James Vann Allen own website where it looks as if Hawkins was possiblyone of the speakers to an auditorium full of elite scientists attending Mr. Van Allen’s 90th birth party http://www-pw.physics.uiowa.edu/van90/invi...PA092302pma.jpg.

I am half way through the book "how American faked the moon landings" and all I have to say is "wake up and smell the roses." If the moon landings were real then I am the fairy godmother.

What is Hawkins qualifications on Apollo - from what I have read so far - just his ability to write all this stuff probably makes him the most qualified person on the planet when it comes the Apollo Moon Landings. Hawkins is using star charts and Galaxy configurations just to prove NASA is lying about photos they claim were taken on the moon - is the guy even from this planet.

Edited by codecracker

If the moon landings were real then I am the fairy godmother.

Oh good, can I have my three wishes now please?

This things is so transparent, after doing just a little digging myself I found a photo of your Charlie Hawkins on James Vann Allan own website where it looks as if Hawkins was one of the speakers to an auditorium full of scientists attending Mr. Vann Allan’s 90th birth party http://www-pw.physics.uiowa.edu/van90/invi...PA092302pma.jpg.

Sadly your research is very poor (for a start the name is Van Allen). On the very website where you found the picture is a list of all the registered participants of Van Allen's 90th Birthday calibrations and guess what... no Charles Hawkins is on the list. - LINK

You think he was giving a lecture do you? Well another 10 seconds research would have taken you to THIS PAGE which lists the Schedule of Events including the speakers and guess what... still no Charles Hawkins.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf

The image was taken during the public lecture:

http://www-pw.physics.uiowa.edu/van90/invi...AApub10904.html

Personally, I'm not convinced they are images of the same person. I've done a comparison, but how do I upload it?

Charles T Hawkins?

Isn't he that professor in a wheelchair?

I believe that is Stephen Hawking the world renowned physicist professor

I am half way through the book "how American faked the moon landings" and all I have to say is "wake up and smell the roses." If the moon landings were real then I am the fairy godmother.

What is Hawkins qualifications on Apollo - from what I have read so far - just his ability to write all this stuff probably makes him the most qualified person on the planet when it comes the Apollo Moon Landings. Hawkins is using star charts and Galaxy configurations just to prove NASA is lying about photos they claim were taken on the moon - is the guy even from this planet.

This has gotten beyond ridiculous.

A supposedly world renowned scientist, and no one can find evidence of his existence.

A supposedly world renowned scientists, who has allegedly written a book which proves the Apollo program was a fake (?)...

A supposedly world renowned scientist, who, given the aforementioned fact, claims to have studied at the feet of Van Allen?!?! (of course, there's no evidence of that either...).

And you say, based on what you've read so far, that this as of yet unsubstantiated human being...IS THE MOST QUALIFIED PERSON ON THE PLANET WHEN IT COMES TO THE APOLLO MOON LANDINGS???

:rolleyes:

OK....

"...is the guy even from this planet?"

Well, so far, that can't be proven.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, some time has passed, I have been asking around about the elusive Charles T. Hawkins. It appears that the author of the book is neither (surprize!) the Professor, nor the Manhattan Real Estate Broker. Basically, Mr. Hawkins appears to be "the man that never was" sort of thing.

If one considers this to be *who* Mr. Hawkins really is then MID's comments here make perfect sense:

A supposedly world renowned scientist, and no one can find evidence of his existence.

A supposedly world renowned scientists, who has allegedly written a book which proves the Apollo program was a fake (?)...

A supposedly world renowned scientist, who, given the aforementioned fact, claims to have studied at the feet of Van Allen?!?! (of course, there's no evidence of that either...).

So, I conclude that Charles T. Hawkins the scientist does not really exist. Does anyone have any evidence to the contrary?

Even our friend straydog aka Duane Daman has lost faith in Hawkins:

What I find rather interesting is that I posted the link to that Clavius page in my very first post here in this thread!

Oh, I see that now Mr. Hawkins is being called a "NASA stooge" (as opposed to one of the world's greatest scientists). Amazing, absolutely amazing.

I see that now Mr. Hawkins is being called a "NASA stooge" (as opposed to one of the world's greatest scientists). Amazing, absolutely amazing.

I wonder if straydog will add this opinion to the reviews page at Amazon, save anyone else from wasting their money in the way that he has.

Shows you shouldn't dismiss clavius so quickly.

Edited by flyingswan

This is from Straydogs post: (The bolding is my emphasis)

Steve ... There is no reason to post Hawkins bio here ... I'm pretty sure it's as bogus as he is ... Apparently we have all been had ... I received an e-mail this morning from a friend of mine who follows my forum posts here and he saw that everyone was stilll trying to find out who Charles T. Hawkins is .... He sent me a post article from clavius about Hawkins and said he thought the guy was really a nasa stooge .... And after reading his train wreck of a book , it finally became clear to me also that the book was a set up .... It was most likely written by a nasa flunky trying to make the conspiracy info look bogus .... That's why not many of the photos in his book could be found on any nasa sites and the few that could be found , didn't show the anomalies he pointed out ....

I was stumped when I first started reading the book because some of what was written sounded very logical and scientific , while some of the other things sounded ridiculous .... Then when no one could find any proof of this guys existance and even the talk shows he was suppossed to have been on turned up as non existant also , I looked at his 'hoax evidence' more carefully and found it to be very lacking on all levels , to say the least .... After reading 'Dark Moon' by David Percy and Mary Bennett , it became even more clear that Hawkins book is major disinformation and nonsense ..

Here's the clavius link about Hawkins .... ( Good grief ... I never thought I would be linking anyone to that horrible web site ! )

http://www.clavius.org/bibhawkins.html

This is from Straydogs post earlier in the thread:

How did I know his disertation is brilliant ? .... Because I read it .

Sorry postbaguk , but I'm backing Charlie's and Billy's and Ralphie's and Davy's and Jimmy's and Barty's and my horse .... I've never had any reason to doubt that Apollo was a monumental hoax ... And think after I read Charlie's awesome looking book , I will have even more reason not to doubt it ...

I think the horse you backed has stumbled a bit...

This happens on both sides of the coin although I see it more from the CT side of things. Scientific minded folk have more of a tendancy to analyze things to a deeper level, and are generally familiar with the scientific process, something that gives at least some ability to look at a matter impartially. In this case it appears that just by making similar claims there is enough there to give support to this "brilliant" scientist. This kind of research is all too typical in many of the CT arguments; stories that have a bit of truth(misunderstood or not) get grabbed onto like a lifeline without following up with research that attempts to look at the matter objectively.

It is a mistake to look at a bit of information and accept it as gospel because it supports your claim and makes some kind of sense; that goes for both sides of the argument... This just happens to be one of the greatest example I have seen in some time.