Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

englands declining morals.

conspiracysrus

is it just me or is this story something to worry about?

you see england has a welfare system that pays people to have kids virtually. and so they have this problem of 15 year old girls whos parents had them at 15 or 16 and who had little or no education themselves, and who do not have any experience of life to pass on to the next generation.

so where will this end ? (this little education gets diluted each time)

many of these people have 5 or 6 kids each.

and they in turn pass on less and less in the way of moral and social values. a whole generation of uneducated unemployable dim wits!

i know scores of teenagers who can not read and write in london.

i find that shocking in the year 2006 ..what do you think?

anyway heres the source of the report:http://www.itn.co.uk/news/headlines_aa4fce090fd82ceadc72172d527b51df.html

Schoolgirl gives birth in classroom

10.50 Tue Dec 19 2006

A 15-year-old girl has given birth in her classroom in front of stunned pupils.

Yorkshire Ambulance Service responded to an emergency call at 9.19am and the youngster was taken to Bradford Royal InfirmaryThe unnamed teenager went into labour on Monday just after the start of the school day at St Joseph's Catholic College, Cunliffe Road, Manningham in Bradford.

Yorkshire Ambulance Service responded to an emergency call at 9.19am and the youngster was taken to Bradford Royal Infirmary.

John Grady, a spokesman for the Catholic Diocese of Leeds, said: "We can confirm that a baby was born at St Joseph's Catholic College on Friday, December 15, to one of the pupils.

"Every help is being given to the mother and child and to the immediate family of those concerned."

Edited by conspiracysrus

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conspiracysrus

• Raptor

• Adam2006

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Top Posters In This Topic

June 15, 2006

Adult Illiteracy

Alan Johnson:

Alan Johnson, the education secretary, pledged last night to stamp out illiteracy and innumeracy in the adult workforce by 2020, claiming it was no longer acceptable to indulge in "the luxury of failure" by tolerating poor basic but vital skills.

The promise was made in a speech to the Institute of Directors in which he emphasised the importance of tackling skills shortages and promised to "increase the intensivity" of Labour's education reforms at all levels. In Britain 5 million adults cannot read, while 15 million - almost half the workforce - are in work despite having numeracy skills equivalent to those of 11-year-olds. source

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not know that it was that bad over there until I checked it out after reading your post.

Very sad fact to learn about.

I agree. I am 14 and go to school, obviously, and i am shocked at how little emphasis is put on basic skills. English has turned into more of a drama lesson with emphasis on self expression, rather than spelling and punctuation. If you spell something wrong, it is just looked past, and the same with punctuation. :no:

It seems that we are becoming lazy on learning our own language, where as French+German, alot more pressure is put on.

Sorry to go off on a tangent. ^_^

if you can't take care of yourself, and/or are not armed with the knowledge and ability to think/act correctly, then you need the Govt. to take care of you = Votes for more and bigger govt.

It's the same with dictatorships and war.

Same with a portion of our racial minority problem.

If a govt. agency actually solves whatever problem they were created for, they're no longer needed.

its very typical of englands apolegetic frame of mind at the moment.

this mentality of not offending any one is very dangerous its a breeding ground for long lasting problems of all types.

enforcing the nations laws and traditions and use of its language is considered a form of intolerance.

this is one of the reasons i took my child to germany to live and learn.

he has now 2 natural tongues and hopefully a 3rd later on.

plus there are strict laws here aimed at making sure that kids are in school and those that have serious problems are treated quickly not left to just fester in the corner as in england.

on that note sorry for any spelling mistakes :(

Edited by conspiracysrus

on that note sorry for any spelling mistakes

Did you go to school in England?

yes i did and really had no education at all.

englands got a false reputation and people think of the royals and of oxford and cambridge and the big red buses and and the funny men in boller hats and all that sh**e.

not any more.

strict laws here aimed at making sure that kids are in school and those that have serious problems are treated quickly not left to just fester in the corner as in england.

It sounds like English public education is just as bad as it is in the United States.

They are more concerned about a few special classes for high acheivers and could care less whether most of their population is literate or not.

Half of L. A. in California cannot read or write in any language.

Los Angeles County, California. 2005 estimate 9,935,475

Yup - definately the same in US. My ex-step-daughter, who is 11 and in 5th grade cannot spell for anything - even simple things. I write letters back and forth with her and have no clue what she is saying most of the time. I remember her care-giver asking "Don't you get points off for spelling mistakes?" Nope... the teacher grades on creativity and expression. Bahh..

No use being creative and expressing yourself if you can't be understood.

I'm sure what what conspiracy is saying it true, but I have to say, every time I go to the U.K. I get the impression of an extremely robust economy with a lot of hard-working people rushing around, doing a lot of ambitious things. I see so much positive in so many ways in England.

In the office of one of my clients, he has about eight young late teens and twenty-somethings working there, and they are an absolute joy to be around and work with -- they are so very polite and curious about America, are competant at their jobs -- and just so sweet and intelligent --

--- but I also must say I do notice some cracks -- for example, one young woman of about 21 works in the office as a para-accountant, and she lives in a small town about 45 minutes from Stonehenge. i was telling here that it must be cool to live so close to one of the U.K.'s most world-famous landmarks -- and get this -- SHE SAID SHE HAD NEVER HEARD OF STONEHENGE! I am not making that up --she grew up less than an hour from Stonehenge and didn't have the slightest clue about what it might be.

So, then I conducted a small survey among all eight of the young people there, and three of the eight had indeed never heard of Stonehenge either. And I had to think: So just what are they teaching in the schools over there!?

Another incident: I was in a Pub chatting with some young Brits and one guy asked me where I was from, and I said Minnesota. Again, I'm not making this up, but he replied: "That's funny because you sound like you have an American accent." And he wasn't kidding.

There's a lot of that in the U.S. too -- there are many American students who don't know where Canada is, for example, and they have never heard of The Bill of Rights -- and this is high schoolers.

Yup - definately the same in US. My ex-step-daughter, who is 11 and in 5th grade cannot spell for anything - even simple things. I write letters back and forth with her and have no clue what she is saying most of the time. I remember her care-giver asking "Don't you get points off for spelling mistakes?" Nope... the teacher grades on creativity and expression. Bahh..

No use being creative and expressing yourself if you can't be understood.

'Here here' :tu:

I agree, if you can express yourself by speach fine, but when you write it down.... problems. Often they are silly mistakes, like i read something and they had spelt it comma, instead of coma. This was for a creative writing speech at school. A policeman ends up in a comma?!

A good book is 'Eats, shoots and leaves'.

All these problems that continue to exist are in the PUBLIC SCHOOL system, and we keep pouring money into it whenever the politicians and those in the sysytem makes us feel guilty for not giving them more money. We keep investing into the same failed system, think about it folks!

You can blame alot on media that plays up athletic, rebellious and even 'gangsta' gender models as cool and positive, while the studious and pragmatic models obtain the nomenclature of 'geek' and 'nerd'-definitely not something the average 13 year-old wants anything to do with. It has devestated the urban black community in the US by 'playing up' negative roles and downplaying positive ones. Look at Dr. Condi Rice. Whether you like her boss or not, she is quite remarkable in her education and poise. She's multi-lingual (fluent French and Russian I believe), PhD at 23 and a concert pianist to boot, she is also arguably one of the most powerful people in the world, certainly one of the most powerful women.

However...

On a Dave Chappell show recently during the 'Racial Draft" (hilarious), the white delegation was allowed by the black delegation to draft Colin Powell as an official white person only as long as they drafted Condi Rice as well. Granted, it was funny as s***, but it did have a certain poinancy to it.

Forget her wonderful education she worked so hard at. She's not an acceptable role model for the black community because they don't like her boss...

But a real life criminal like 50 cent is...:blink:

Edited by Pinky Floyd

I agree Pinky Floyd. At school the 'bofs' (me ) and 'nerds' seem to be puished for behaving and actually doing some work, where as the chavs and 'gangsta' people can have a paddy all term, be nice for 1 lesson and get rewarded with for it, yet the reacurring behavied get looked past.

Speaking of gangsta role models our ICT teacher greets us with 'Yo, wats up me homies, keep it real yeh'. I am like, what did u just say, your a teacher, and the head of ICT. :angry: Can you please act like it.

As you rightly say students are being encouraged to act 'gangsta'. I know Tony Blair isnt the most inspiratonal of people but neither is 50cent....

(If i sound too big headed please tell me)

your not big headed and its sad that you have to put up with ass holes everyday.

i mean the teacher too ? that really takes the biscuit dont it.

a spineless creature, he /she should be sweeping the streets really not teaching future generations how to work and behave.

I agree Pinky Floyd. At school the 'bofs' (me ) and 'nerds' seem to be puished for behaving and actually doing some work, where as the chavs and 'gangsta' people can have a paddy all term, be nice for 1 lesson and get rewarded with for it, yet the reacurring behavied get looked past.

Speaking of gangsta role models our ICT teacher greets us with 'Yo, wats up me homies, keep it real yeh'. I am like, what did u just say, your a teacher, and the head of ICT. :angry: Can you please act like it.

As you rightly say students are being encouraged to act 'gangsta'. I know Tony Blair isnt the most inspiratonal of people but neither is 50cent....

(If i sound too big headed please tell me)

Same thing happened in my school, the chavs bunked atleast a few lessons every week and even when they did turn up they didn't do anything except try and make learning difficult for people who actually wanted to learn. Then occasionally when they did attempt to do work (the work was always equivalent to that of an underpriviledged 9 year old...) they'd actually get praised for it. While the minority who did try all the time got nothing. I actually remember in a few months leading up to the GCSE exams when these chavs got paid around £3 or £4 for every hour they spent doing revision in extra hours, (although that didn't even work, they probably only 'earned' around 30p each throughout the whole 2 months; enough for a cigarette at least :rolleyes: ).

Edited by Raptor X7

Then occasionally when they did attempt to do work (the work was always equivalent to that of an underpriviledged 9 year old...) they'd actually get praised for it.

Ah-ha! Here is one of my MAJOR problem with public education around here. Different standards based on what a student wants to do, rather than what everyone HAS to do.

This always annoyed me at school as well, teachers time is taken up by a few idiots and it only even takes just one to disrupt a whole class. The perfect school would weed out those chavs and put them in a class together to keep them from distracting everyone else. It's not as simple as the teacher asking X to leave the room, it could take 15 mins for a teacher to politically correctly persuade such a turd to leave the room intodays climate. Teachers have no power or displine control. It's easier for teachers just to put up with the nonsense and hope that the smart kids and those from good backgrounds will get there 'work' done at home or have private tutors to rely on.

Sorry but some kids are just a lost cause if they still can't stay seated for more than 10 secs without getting up or opening there mouths or throwing something across the room by the time they reach standard grade/GSCE age. They should be identified and just removed from mainstream classes, the paying them money and incentives to study is a just a flaming joke. It doesn't work.

I also think class sizes should be no bigger than 8 to one teacher. Some classes I took in my final years only had about 8 - 12 people in them and it was great, very productive.

I also think class sizes should be no bigger than 8 to one teacher. Some classes I took in my final years only had about 8 - 12 people in them and it was great, very productive.

I agree, that would be great, the only problem is that there's a teacher shortage. Not that I can blame people for not wanting to become teachers, but still.

Ever see those adverts that were being broadcast a while ago in the UK from the Education department talking about how inspiring and imaginative kids are today, to try and persuade more people to start teaching? They were sued for misrepresentation. :lol:

Why did they ever get rid of the cane?

those kids who are from bad backgrounds need to be removed from their families not just the class room.

like in all matters of decline it started with the small things eg. no school ties , then wear trainers, then no uniform at all. then the equal rights for this one and that one.

then we have these issues of racial and special needs, dulling down the tests to ensure higher pass rates.

there should be a tight ship run even pirate ships had a code of conduct, but in many schools from many places these orders from above are laughable and so weakly devised and given down that they are treated as a rumour not the national law.

good leadership skills are a rare thing and take years to learn we do need a return to certain old values ..not all but certain values.

starting with a re introduction of uniforms and a system of national service and seperate classes for the sexes.

i know these ideas seem draconian but they worked for hundreds of years so....

Seperate classes for the sexes - that's a good point. Research does support that teenagers work better in unmixed enviroments. Makes you wonder if alot of the nonsense and showing off that goes on in the classroom is because of puberty and hormones. The boys trying to impress the girls, the girls trying to impress the boys and then combined with gender rivalry :hmm:

i was in a mixed sex school and the classes were mixed too but, the teachers were stern people took no nonsense im saying in the absence of these strong leader types it may help to seperate em?