Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scariest Thing I Have Ever Seen

Joke_Master_Mandy

There are very few things in this world which can creep me out to the point where I'm up at night, but this is one of them.

linked-image

From Snopes.com: The above photo is of a 10-month-old girl named Manar Maged who was born with a very rare birth defect in which the embryo of a twin failed to develop and split off completely. What usually happens in this case is a child will be born with an extra limb, but in Manar's extremely rare case she was born with a second head. (Now this is the part that really creeps me out.) The head attached to Manar could blink and smile and move its face, but wasn't capable of independant life. Manar went through major surgery to have it removed, but unfortunately died a year later due to an infection in the brain.

To me this is just so creepy. Do you think the head's brain was fully developed, like did it have it's own thoughts?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DevaDevil

• coldethyl

• Robert1

• Symbol

That's what I call "putting your heads together".

couldn't resist.

Thats a girl with two heads? It looks like a green frowning face sticking its tongue out.

Apparently direct linking is not supported by that site

And yes, it looks creepy. I don't know what with our current tehnology I would do when it was predicted my wife was pregnant with a child with such a defect. I'd rather even not think about it :s

EDIT apparently if you have been to the url of that image it works fine; at least it does for me (I got the green "smiley" too the first time)

Edited by DevaDevil

True, the Haitian girl with the tumor in her face I saw was far far scarier than this, but at least (so far) she survived the operations.

Edited by DevaDevil

Sorry 'bout the image trouble. Yeah I've seen the Haitian girl, that was pretty scary. The thing that scares me about the two headed girl is that the other head could move and smile and was in a way alive. It would be interesting to see if the girl grew up and the second head could speak and think on it's own. I mean how would that feel, to be a head without a body? Yeesh.

I cant believe someone with a facial deformity is scary to you. How awful.

the scary stuff isn't as much the deformity; it is (in case of the Haitian girl at least) that the deformity is something that may happen to anyone including yourself. Now that's scary to think of.

That website has the green face too.

Right click on the green face here on UM, click on 'copy link location'. Open up new window and paste the link in the address window. It will come up.

I just saw the special on Discovery Health Channel about Abby and Brittany Hansel (severly conjoined twins-you can look them up) as they approched their 16th birthday and all of the hassles they had to go through just to get a license and how well they are accepted by their classmates and peers.

I found them delightful. They seemed so nice and sweet, it would be easy to quickly overlook their 'differences'.

This is truly sad. :( Reasons like this is why my boyfriend questions God's exsistence. I can't even think of what I would do if that was me with the kids. I mean obvisouly they had to cut the head off but it's sad cuz if you look at the body attached to the head of the deformed twin then you could see what looks like the limbs tried to form and come out of the body but didn't get fully developed to detach herself from her twin. It's sad though that both had died.

I agree. There's a person out there who just turned 16. Who has two heads & everyone is perfectly ok with it. They're used to having a person around the house with two heads.

I heard of something like this on tv a few months, back. I don't think it could think, I'm no doctor but maybe it was nerves or something that made it smile and blink? Yes very creepy.

I have seen this on tv awhile back. I don't find it scary, I just find it sad.

linked-image

Edited by earthygirl04

there are lots of single headed people, who cant think, but blink and smile.

Amen and a lot of them post here.

This is truly sad. :( Reasons like this is why my boyfriend questions God's exsistence.

wow are you kidding? stuff like that makes him question a god? Deformities are just apart of life and nature, it happens with flowers, fruit, vegitiables, animals as well yet no one freaks out at that... I actually feel sorry for the people who've stated that deformitiy is one thing that puts them off having children...shallow thinking if you ask me.

See if this works better:

linked-image

After seeing the photo, I agree with earthygirl04. It's not very scary but very sad. I often wonder how

people cope with tragedies such as this. I'm not sure if I could.