Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monster in the Closet

Skeet Ulrich

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lightning88

• Undeadskeptic

• Skeet Ulrich

• Charlie Donuts

It is very probably fiction.

But, kids have a very active imagination. Usually a lot of paranormal activity happens when there are either kids around who've watched too many movies, or believers. Since we don't know how powerful our brain is, maybe by believing that these things are real they become real, even if only for that person. The closest I can think of to show as an example was an episode of The X-Files where there was this kid that believed there were some kind of killer bugs in his house and they became real and killed his mother, because of that his father started believing them too and they became stronger.

Of course this is just a theory :P

But, kids have a very active imagination. Usually a lot of paranormal activity happens when there are either kids around who've watched too many movies, or believers. Since we don't know how powerful our brain is, maybe by believing that these things are real they become real, even if only for that person. The closest I can think of to show as an example was an episode of The X-Files where there was this kid that believed there were some kind of killer bugs in his house and they became real and killed his mother, because of that his father started believing them too and they became stronger.

I saw that one . Its my favorite show.

:hmm:If I ever find any monsters in my Home... especially in my closet, they better cough up some rent money, Or Im pulling out a Belt & beating some ass. ....My closet is full with my pretty shoes /sexy clothes.

:hmm:If I ever find any monsters in my Home... especially in my closet, they better cough up some rent money, Or Im pulling out a Belt & beating some ass. ....My closet is full with my pretty shoes /sexy clothes.

Picturing someone asking a monster in the closet to pay the rent made me lol.

HAH!!! :D

Edited by Charlie Donuts

The monster was a man, a man with problems in his head, he most likely took the kid and killed him... sad...

• 2 weeks later...

ive seen this, if was kinda creepy. it made me remember when my sister locked herself in her closed for 2 hours while me and dad watched the football. it did say it was factual, and i was glad i dont have a closet.

the show is on all the time on Zone Reality, i love that channel. it is full of Paranormal and Crime shows, my favourite kind. like Cops, not seen that in years! "Bad Boys Bad Boys, What You Gonna Do?".....

sorry, yeah, its on all the time. there was a weekend marathon once. and when i went to Haydock to get my printer lead, i missed an episode, so i remebered we get Zone Reality, Zone Reality +1 and Zone Reality X. although, if you do start watching it, Its A Miracle with Roma Downy sucks. its true.

Fiction.

Next!

Actually if you believe in ALIENS this urban Legend is highly plausable. the monster could have been an alien and when he got locked in the closet could have been abducted!!! And alot of abducties claim they are naked when they wake back up in their own bed.... :alien:

• 1 month later...

that fact or fiction episode sounds exactly like the beginning of the movie Monster in the closet. It starts out with kids playing hide and seek and this litle girl goes looking in a closet and a monster gets her. At the end SPOILERS it shows people all over the world smashing their closets with axes and stuff it was a pretty weird movie.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0091544/

has anyone else ever watched this movie?

Wait, does anyone has any names? I want to try to search for this story. So I suppose the kid never appeared again??

In my house (in another country) I have a big walking closet that of course has a door. During some nights the light would turn on by itself. It was spooky. (my house was kind-of haunted, but not anymore)

• 1 month later...

I saw on TV years back.

They had put the kid in the closet because he was scared that there was monsters in it.

The kids was kicking and slamming and they didn’t open the door until it was all silent.

The kids was gone but his clothes and teddy was on the floor.

the doco said it was all true

I heard this one (missed the episode :cry: ) There was a movie in the 70s or 80s where a kid tells his parents there is a monster in the cellar and his fear grew so big he would not even enter the kithen. a shrink tells his parents to lock him in the cellar and they do only to find the poor kid has died outta shock.

I've not seen the film but I have read the short story on which it was obviously based, "The Thing in the Cellar" by 1930s horror maven Dr. David H. Keller (who, for what it is worth, was a "shrink"!)

Who saw that episode on the show "Beyond Belief : Fact or Fiction?" about 10-year old Danny claiming to have a monster in his closet and then eventually being trapped in the closet by his brother and brother's friends only to mysteriously vanish. According to the show, this incident was factual. Anyone know any more about this incident?

Oh man I remember that episode. I haven't seen that show in like 5-7 years though.

• 1 month later...

The episode freaked me out. I still can't believe that it's fact! I have never looked at a closet the same way since that episode. Kid probably found a portal to another dimension or something. Maybe a wormhole was in his closet.

An old media trick is to label a fictional paranormal story "based on actual reports." No matter whether the story concerns UFO abductions, curses, ghosts, demons, scary Ouija messages, sea serpents, vampires, werewolves, zombies or Bloody Mary climbing out of the bathroom mirror, there's "actual reports" somewhere in the literature.