Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monster in the Closet

Skeet Ulrich

Who saw that episode on the show "Beyond Belief : Fact or Fiction?" about 10-year old Danny claiming to have a monster in his closet and then eventually being trapped in the closet by his brother and brother's friends only to mysteriously vanish. According to the show, this incident was factual. Anyone know any more about this incident?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lightning88

• Undeadskeptic

• Skeet Ulrich

• Charlie Donuts

hmm..never seen that one :unsure2:

When the shows says it is fiction, it means it has had reports of the story that actually happened. It could mean that it was really reported, but for all we know, the boys could have lied to the police. I saw this one about a group of elderly women, and about how they practiced witchcraft, and it turned out to be fact because "there have been reports of weird things coming from the house that these elderly women lived in". All it means is that it was reported. I could go report having my car stolen by Bigfoot, and fact or fiction can make a story about it and claim it to be true. But we all know that it was really Nessie that stole my car.

^Lol. For some reason I want it to be true though. It's so interesting - an actual monster in the closet. Supposedly it happened in North Carolina.

Thats a load of bull. I don't care what fictional show says it's true, it's impossible.

Well Narnia is supposed to have another time in it or something like that :hmm:

Edited by SATUROS OF THE MARS CLAN

• 9 months later...

I remember that one! That was like my favorite show EVER! I remember sitting down and keeping track of which ones I believed and seeing how well I did at the end. Hahaha

Anyway, I was really shocked that it was "fact". Even at 7 years old. I would have guessed that it didn't go EXACTLY like that. Maybe it was all just a big coincidence. I mean, many children think there are monsters in the closet and there are many cases of missing children in the world. And kids DO lie. :yes: Just a possibility.

I've seen that one but I'm sure there is a logical explanation for that one come on an actual monster in the closet?

I hate that show the guys so fat and talks so much crap... then theres the other guy the newer on... were do they honestly find these people?

i was thinking about this particular episode just yesterday!!! what ever happened to beyond belief? i miss that show... it freaked me out too that it was actually fact. hmmm i never believed in monsters in the closets, more of monsters under the bed!! ;__;

Maybe they killed the boy and hid him and said that he got taken by the closet monster?

I remember the one that always used to freak me right the hell out was the one about the Cosmotologist woman who was suppossed to be a witch and cursed this pretty woman because she was a b**** and really vain and then at the end they show in the mirror what her face looks like to her. Uggh. Talk about fugly.

mu uncle used to have this old house, and my cousins closet had a 'secret' passage way that lead to a room.. gave me a serious case of the heebie-jeebies. mind you i was only 6 or 7 like

still very cool to have a secret passage way

oogily boogily :sk

I heard this one (missed the episode :cry: ) There was a movie in the 70s or 80s where a kid tells his parents there is a monster in the cellar and his fear grew so big he would not even enter the kithen. a shrink tells his parents to lock him in the cellar and they do only to find the poor kid has died outta shock. i always hated basements and closets... ever seen boogeyman?

The problem I had with the show was thatit would say FACt and then wouldnt tell you who reported it,or where or any other circumstances of the story,It made ALL pretty unbelievable.

The problem I had with the show was thatit would say FACt and then wouldnt tell you who reported it,or where or any other circumstances of the story,It made ALL pretty unbelievable.

Yeah lol i hate it when they said "well actually an incedent like this did take place..." then just stop and move on with out telling you any more info lol

yes i saw this episode too, quite a while back now though. i dont believe in the closet monster but people have been disapperaing under strange circumstances for years and years....

I remember this episode, always wished they would have said more about it.

I mean the most scary thing was the kid was clawing at the door yelling for help, and as soon as his mom got the door opened he was gone.

I don't know but the music on that show is pretty scarey...lol