Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'I have no future' -- Jeb Bush tells reporter

Pinky Floyd

MIAMI (Reuters) - The shadow of President Bush seemed to loom large over his younger brother on Wednesday, as the outgoing Florida governor ruled out any plans to return to elected office.

"No tengo futuro (I have no future)," Jeb Bush told Spanish-language reporters in Miami, when asked about any possible political ambitions after he steps down next month.

The popular, two-term governor has often been touted as a savvy politician with a good chance of following both his brother and father, George H.W. Bush, into the White House.

But the unpopularity and dismal job-approval ratings of his brother may have scuttled any plans Jeb Bush may have had for a future in politics after running one of America's most crucial swing states for the past eight years.

Read my lips?

We'll see, but Hilliary also said she wasn't going to run in 2008 so go figure...

Both sides are proven disgusting liars...

Edited by Pinky Floyd

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aztec Warrior

• louie

• IronGhost

• Pinky Floyd

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

george said in a statement a couple of months back that he thinks jeb would make a great president.

oh lordy, if so i hope the American people have the good sense to stop the bushes in thier tracks.

I think Jeb was just saying he has no plans for running at the moment, he probably intends to run eventually

I think George W. has driven a stake in the heart of the Bush legacy for good. Even his father was only a one-term President, and not exactly popular.

Having said that, I think Jeb would have made the best President of any of the Bush's. He's the most intelligent, more moderate, and governed Florida well, as far as I know. Compare the way he handled the many major hurricans which throttled his state with the way W. handled Kartina. Jeb showed real leadership and common sense in many situations.

Of course, he would never be my first choice for President, or even second, third ....

Edited by IronGhost

I would think the country has had enough with the Bush dynasty.

But, that's what I thought after 8 years of Bill Clinton. So go figure.