Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rape charges dropped in Duke lacrosse case

__Kratos__

Exactly what I was getting at.

I've done pretty much everything listed there. Does that make me a felon who runs around raping strippers?

I just don't understand how someone is innocent until proven guilty, yet in this case, these boys were guilty from the moment it hit the press.

Now we are finding that there is no case whatsoever against them and it was all a fabricated story. Who is saying sorry to the duke players? There was a black panther on the news just an hour ago still chanting they were guilty and needed to rot in jail. Why? Because they were white and white men committed atrocities against blacks in the 1700's....

Don't forget the Nancy Grace-ification of law these days. Remember the runaway bride?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• supercar

• KingTomis

• Aztec Warrior

I go to a mid-size public Midwestern university. You described every such university in America

Those weren't my descriptions. Those descriptions came from a commission established to investigate the lacrosse team.

The fact a commission was formed by their own university long before the alleged rape occured,does not speak well of the team.

Those weren't my descriptions. Those descriptions came from a commission established to investigate the lacrosse team.

The fact a commission was formed by their own university long before the alleged rape occured,does not speak well of the team.

So you're basing completely unrelated incidents to paint these guys guilty? Where's the logic in that, supercar?

Take a look at that link I gave you regarding the accuser's past. That speaks a lot and is directly related to her. :tu:

Edited by __Kratos__

Yet that doesn't make the entire club guilty of rape now does it?

Yet despite the fact that the girl has changed her story several times, her fellow stripper has said nothing happened and the DA is being pressured to step down by his peers due to his actions regarding this case, not to mention no DNA, you still believe them to be guilty no matter how many times over they are proven innocent?

So you're basing completely unrelated incidents to paint these guys guilty?

Those aren't unrelated events. That is an identifiable pattern of behaviour.

Those aren't unrelated events. That is an identifiable pattern of behaviour.

Petty crimes are hardly link to a jump into kidnapping and gang rape.

If you look into the accuser's past you'll see relevant points in her life that do mean something more to this case. Why are you ignoring her past, supercar?

Edited by __Kratos__

If you look into the accuser's past you'll see relevant points in her life that do mean something more to this case

This sounds like victim blaming.

'Victim blaming is holding the victim responsible for what has happened to her/him. One way in which victim blaming is perpetuated is through rape myths. Rape myths allow us to blame the victim and are often common false beliefs. Some examples of victim blaming and rape myths are:

- She got what she deserved after dressing like that and acting like that at the bar.

- I paid for dinner so she owes it to me.

- Men can't be raped by women. What guy would not want sex?

- Rape only happens when you're by yourself at night and you're attacked by a stranger.

Some facts...

- No one ever asks to be raped and no one ever deserves to be assaulted-regardless of what she was wearing, how much he was drinking, how she was dancing'

http://www.umaine.edu/SafeCampusProject/RS.htm

So those guys are automatically guilty then because she claims she's a victim?

You're dancing around my question as well. Not very good either... So why are you ignoring her history?

Why are you ignoring the timeline?

Why are you ignoring the other strippers word?

Why are you ignoring the changing stories?

Why are you ignoring the lack of evidence?

Edited by __Kratos__

Underage Possession of alcohol

Public urination (on-campus)

Theft of pizza

Unlawful possession of fireworks

Underage Possession of alcohol

Playing drinking game

On-campus property damage

Smoking marijuana in room

Noise policy

Attempted theft of banner

Alcohol Use

Attempted theft of banner

On-campus property damage

Sending emails

Alcohol in dorm room

Underage possession of alcohol

Noise policy

Fire safety in dorm

Failure to appear for proceeding

Public urination

Alcohol in dorm room

Noise policy

Providing false identification

Drinking game in dorm room

Alcohol in dorm room

Drinking Game in dorm room

Noise policy

Suspicion of throwing water

Accomplice to underage possession

Fraudulent use of Duke student card

Failure to comply with judicial order

Possession of alcohol in dorm room

Noise policy (on-campus)

Noise ordinance (off-campus)

Intoxication

Open container of alcohol in car

Public urination

Unlawful entry into another student's room

Destruction of property (on campus)

Suspicion of damaging property

Noise ordinance (off-campus)

Drinking party in dorm room

I did a lot of that stuff when I was in high school. Just replace dorm room with restroom. :lol:

This sounds like victim blaming.
Question the "victims" history is just completely unthinkable to you? That crime wasn't committed anyways. They didn't even have much of a case against them. Edited by Ashigaru

Question the "victims" history is just completely unthinkable to you?

The police looked into her history before presenting the charges to the DA. So the police did 'question' her history.

The police looked into her history before presenting the charges to the DA. So the police did 'question' her history.

A title nor a badge makes you right 100% of the time just because they say so.

It's like if they have a title, you submit to their authority as they are right. You should learn to question authority.