Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missile Silo's for sale

Jack_of_Blades

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• Jack_of_Blades

• glynne64

• oppconsulting

That would be very cool to live in or start a business out of.

I'd buy one and use it as... Uhm.. I donno. Build the worlds largest 1:1 scale LEGO model of a minuteman missle.

Can you imagine trying to keep it clean??

There's an underground house on my street. I think it'd be cool. And safe.

We have silos where I live. Within just a few miles as a matter of fact. A buddy of mine would love to buy one & turn it into a nightclub! :clap:

I've seen some of those shows where people have transformed unusual structures into homes or businesses. I like it. My favorite one though has been a grain silo. Course then I grew up a rice farmer's daughter...maybe that has something to do with it? :whistle:

linked-image

Grain Silo Home

....a grand place to hide the bodies. :ph34r:

TEE HEE!! I'll help you move (the bodies). :innocent:

We have silos where I live. Within just a few miles as a matter of fact. A buddy of mine would love to buy one & turn it into a nightclub! :clap:

I've seen some of those shows where people have transformed unusual structures into homes or businesses. I like it. My favorite one though has been a grain silo. Course then I grew up a rice farmer's daughter...maybe that has something to do with it? :whistle:

linked-image

Grain Silo Home

I saw that episode as well; some very interesting homes were showcased.

I would love to own and live in a converted missile silo.

• 2 weeks later...

Man you could get lost in one of those and some have cool elevators and huge 200 foot garages and even stile have the 10 foot high fences man break into my house I dare you lol if you get over the fence and don't get lost then theres always the 20 foot thick steel blast doors man I love missile silos to bad they are so dam expensive I want the one that the guy on the show I watched picked up for 40 thousand but then you have a crap load of work to redo and remodel they have been sitting empty since the 60s and vandalized ransacked and most all are filled with water 50 feet deep what fun the ones that are not or already fixed up in the millions ouch my wallet is the lottery calling yet

i saw a thing on weird history on the histpry channel awhile back about some of the silos in north america,i think this one was in montanna.this man bought it for 20k,and made a house out of it,like 80 feet down.he had less than 60k in building the place,and he said that it never gets below 60 year round.he also said a tornado could fly by,and they would never know it!

I think it'd be cool. And safe.

Acording to the websites most of the

silo's can withstand nuclear bombs.

There are missile silos near Fairchild Air Force Base, outside Spokane, Washington.

They were once used for Nike missiles. The Nike missile program closed down in the late 1960s or early 1970s and the silos were unused.

Back in the early 80s, when I lived in Spokane, I read an interesting article about a man who bought one silo.

He turned it into a mushroom farm!

It was perfect: dark, humidity could be easily controlled, and no one could steal his crop.

I don't know if the mushroom farm is still there. Haven't heard of it since I read that article.

I don't know that I'd want a nightclub in it. Too many cubbyholes to keep an eye on people. And if someone fell down the shaft, no matter how well you protected it, you'd be in for a multi-million dollar lawsuit.

As a home, it might be okay. But I'd soon tire of not viewing the outdoors. I work in a windowless office; it sux.

Perhaps a home built on top of it would be fine, then use the silo for storage. I'm a packrat kinda man, ya know ... can never have too much space to save all those old newspapers, grocery bags, funny-lookin' rocks I find in my travels and used pistol targets ... heh.

Oh gawd, Gatofeo....you sound like my husband. :lol:

It's a good thing we have storage buildings in another part of town or I'd have to kill him by now! :yes:

Man Gatofeo sounds like my one frien except my friend was 100 times worse took a month moveing hime found maile every where mice nest every where sealed food buried every where and after all that dam time we were not even half way done I gave up my back was out crap and I was tired of finding surprises It was like a giant cracker jack box and I did not like the suprises inside eeew

And the key with most of these missile silos is that were only built to withstand a blast from 3 thousand yards away key word 3 thousand yards away the reason this series of missiles ended a few blew up in there silos on test launches and blew the crap out of the silos oooops can you say big mess up man you guy should see the photos of the decomissioning of the silos that the us did they imploded lots of these bases with explosives and man it was awsome a big blast lots of dirt in the air fun to watch on tv

I might feel safe from mother nature in one of these and have a hell of a lot of fun in it but I sure dont and wont feel safe from man in it they come with anything big im running like hell call me MR coward and the last man alive