Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bright light above Mount St Helens

dazza101

Late yesterday afternoon a large light appeared above Mount St Helens just before 5:00pm - it's probably just a noise glitch in the camera, but it's unlike any noise I have seen in the past two years from the Volcanocam camera. I have posted images on my blog Daz Dayz if you want to check it out. It definetely wasn't related to any volcanic activity - there have been a couple of small hotspots on the lavadome over the last couple of weeks, but no large earthquakes that would be required to shoot something this far into the air...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Abecrombie

• drakonwick

• Cinders

• Isis2200

I used to live in the Mt. St. Helens area. Sometimes their would be a light curcling the mountain.......and in a few seconds it would be in my horse pasture. :huh:

http://www.luscombe-carter.com/mount_st_he...06_stk_lvl.html

heres a direct link to the camera recording the activity.

Although if it is the real thing I havent been able to research the facts , Is it real .? I dont know.

* note

If you look at the right side during playback, the lighted side of the structure of mt. st. helen doesnt change. Wouldnt it change according to how much time , apparently hours have gone by and it stays the same.

It s more of a mystery than the actual activity happening in the crater. Ill leave it up to the veiwers to decifer for themselves

Other than that I thought it was a good find.

Abecrombie :tu:

Edited by Abecrombie

Thank you for posting this image dazza101.. that's pretty strange and how cool you caught the image of it.

It's hard to read the TIME on your image, but there was a earthquake on the same day in St Helens area:

http://www.pnsn.org/recenteqs/Quakes/uw12231143.htm

and at this time on the same date too:

http://www.pnsn.org/recenteqs/Quakes/uw12240053.htm

I recently watched / and recorded a bit of St Helens when she blew some big white puffy plumes back on Dec 19 2006 (was nothing like what she did back in May 1980)

But I sort of forgot about it all due to the other mountain I live nearby, Mt Hood and the recent sad tragedy that took place up there.

On clear days, I can see both Helens and Hood from where I have to drive daily.

Edited by Cinders

Late yesterday afternoon a large light appeared above Mount St Helens just before 5:00pm - it's probably just a noise glitch in the camera, but it's unlike any noise I have seen in the past two years from the Volcanocam camera. I have posted images on my blog Daz Dayz if you want to check it out. It definetely wasn't related to any volcanic activity - there have been a couple of small hotspots on the lavadome over the last couple of weeks, but no large earthquakes that would be required to shoot something this far into the air...

I feel that it was just an electromagnetic discharge!

The lights you are seeing is lava pouring out through the volcano's second dome. Mount Saint Helens had a small eruption this past week, which means the lava activity is more active now than before.

BTW, if you questions about what you're seeing, email the camera people. The response I got was so friendly and funny. :) They're great guys!!

A rare, focused, longitudinal scalar EM wave moves up a volcanic root system and overwhelms the seismograph sensory electronics. The metal shielding of the sensor proves powerless to stop the incoming wave penetration. The energy moves into the windings of the geophone and proceeds to excite strong conductive ionization within the windings of the geophone sensor coil. A superconducting phenomenon results from the penetration, where the energy can wreak havoc on the seismograph’s micro-electronics.

The hunt, discovery, and awe of these earth emissions were detailed in a book chapter, Earth: Killer of Micro-Electronics, where the tracking down of these mysterious electronics failures in massively parallel supercomputer disk subsystems led to findings that defied the currently taught engineering physics on conduction in wires and electronics (semiconductors). The energy bursts causing the destruction were very powerful and caused conductors to behave as room temperature superconductors. These energy bursts are from Longitudinal Scalar EM Waves, or ‘scalar waves’.

See and Hear electronics being zapped

Above is a real plot from a seismograph being zapped by a strong scalar wave burst from the earth. These waves are not mechanical in nature but are pure energy, similar to how a radio wave is pure energy that couples to a radio antenna. This burst lasted for 150 seconds (thick band in middle of plot). The energy burst damaged the electronics as is illustrated by the noisy lines to the right of the thick band. An undamaged signal would look as is to the left of the thick band.

An audio file has been created from the output of the seismograph that can be listened to. Click on the ZapSeismo.wav file. Recording is 2 minutes in length (speeded up from original recording rate to create audible sound).

From start of recording is heard a wailing tone, this is the energy emission, at low levels, coupling to the seismograph sensor windings. At 1 minute 9 seconds starts the powerful energy emission and continues to 1 minute 15 seconds. This is the sound or the resulting tonal equivalent of electronics reacting to the energy – note: warning, very noisy. After 1 minute 15 seconds can be heard sounds like bubbles gurgling under water and some scratchy sounds. This is due to loss of purity of the seismograph amplifier and electronics. It has been permanently damaged.

Will Scientists figure out How and Why?

Current seismological theory does not account for any such emissions from the earth. Current theory is based completely on mechanical physics only. So, when scientists find that seismographs have been damaged, they just replace the broken electronics. Never are they suspecting that there is a lurking cause. Just another case of damaged equipment. The irony of this is that these emissions are precursors to earthquakes! (and are integral to volcanics too).

Thanks

Moro

interesting indeed

Indeed, it could be an EM discharge, or plasma.

Or maybe it's just the fabled Mothership on final approach.

For a second there I thought that this was a UFO thread........ :unsure2:

I think it could be ball lightning.

Don't you need dry, hot weather for that?Correct me if I am wrong. What kind of weather conditions do you have over there?