Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Loch Ness Monster

thefirstman

Wot about the flipper photo that was taken yearrs ago,i dont know the story behind it or if the photo is genuine but apparantley it was taken before a man died,or was that just in the film?

Here's the photograph :

OK, flipper was part of a manifested Nessie.

Which later de-manifested. -- Where do you live, Saurman? Glascow?

MF thumbsup.gif

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bright Eyes

• thefirstman

• Monster-Finder

• Xenojjin

The MAGICK is still there.

Nessie appears maybe 12 x per season, and while it is seen, it is very physical.

I've seen it twice at elast, and the Magick was there for me...

There IS a Nessie, and it simply is there on a diffoierent basis than you thought.

SO NO TEARS!!!!!!!! Nessie is alive and well and Nessie is YOU! wink2.gif

MF

That is an interesting theory MF.

I don't believe that Nessie is a shapeshifter though, I can't grasp the concept. I think if anything, he has become expert at hiding, travelling overland to secret caverns to escape prying eyes.

I remember hearing that Nessie had been seen on land in the road, which supports Suraman in saying he is an air-breather also.

Another explanantion is that people just don't see what their mind cannot make sense of. We don't expect to see a huge monster travelling across land so our senses just ignore it to prevent confusion and anxiety.

original.gif

I believe that nessie and the other lake monsters are dinosaurs that didn't die out. Most of the descriptions are alike.

You beat me to it FM, I'd written in an earlier post also that if you drained the loch you wouldn't find anything as Nessie wouldn't wait around but hide in one of the deep caves.

So that really isn't reliable evidence of the non-existence of Nessie.

YAY! grin2.gif

whistling2.gif

Hate to be pushy, but you have not been there.

There are no "caves" for Nessie to hide in.

Ask Adrian Shine at the Exhibition...

He has done extensive surveys. So has Dick Raynor.

alien.gif

Hello Monster-Finder original.gif ,

Anyway I just wanted to know,how do you know whether the loch's got no underground caverns beneath it or not?I may sound silly if it's already proven but I do not know anything about it.So probably some enlightenment here?? grin2.gif

MF, It may have been proven that there are no caves in the loch for Nessie to hide in, but I mentioned him travelling overland to reach one. And secret caverns mean no one would know they were there anyway.

original.gif

I think there's no monster in the Loch Ness, it's just something to keep the tourists coming in village that would otherwise attract no one. So it's good to keep the rumor alive for the village's economy but that's pretty much all there is to it.

If there was really a monster it would have been found or clearly observed by now in my opinion. If the monster was coming out of the water, someone would have observed marks on the ground and could have tracked them to wherever is hiding on the land.

So basically, it's a myth most probably.

TheLight

If the monster was coming out of the water, someone would have observed marks on the ground and could have tracked them to wherever is hiding on the land.

Ok, you've got me there grin2.gif But whether or not it attracts tourits I think people would still believe. I'm glad Nessie hasn't been found and dissected.

I saw a programme the other night, just flicked it on, about this giant mutated salamander. I watched them catch it for the first time. It was one scary thing. It was also one of a kind.

If there was really a monster it would have been found or clearly observed by now in my opinion. If the monster was coming out of the water, someone would have observed marks on the ground and could have tracked them to wherever is hiding on the land.

Ok,we haven't even known everything beneath our oceans,and we're always in awe time after time by new yet slow discoveries about wierd stuff in our oceans (coelacanth,megamouth shark,etc....and still more to come).So if you'd ask me how come we still couldn't find the actual whereabouts of Nessie in the lake till this day of time,I think I'd just made myself clear earlier on. grin2.gif

P/S:I do understand that the lake's certainly smaller than the vast size of the oceans but,it's just all about the way on how we're finding it.It would be great to sit inside some anti-pressure submarine and just go deep inside and witness it all by ourselves.But oh well...... sad.gif

I don't know about a submarine! scared.gif Who knows what we'd encounter lurking down there!

i agree with engulf, there are so many large speicies of animals that have gone undiscovered why couldnt it be there. take the giant panda or the mountain gorilla, it hasnt even been a century since there discovery and they have been around for a long, long time. so why coudnt nessie be there?

There is a vast amount of space in the sea we have not explored,Nessie could be there.Im rather curious about MF's theory,would you care to expand it for us?There is another topic that gives us the insight to the vast amounts of unexplored sea,The Megalodon topic,is a very good one too,i think Megalodons still exist.Scary to meet one though..................

Morag

Is there a creature in a another body of water near Loch Ness ?  For centuries there have been reports of a creature dwelling in the depths of Loch Morar, located just 70 miles from Loch Ness.  The creature seems to be similar to the one sighted in Loch Ness.  This add even more to the theory that some large water dwelling animals were living in the various lochs' waters as they slowly became land locked.  There is enough food in the eco system of both lochs to support a large whale like creature such as the assumed extinct Zeuglodons.  The Zeuglodon is a primitive snake-like whale.  Sightings of Morag, as the creature has been dubbed, have been numerous in the this century.  In 1970, some members of the Loch Ness Investigation Bureau went to investigate the possibility of a creature in near-by Loch Morar.  One member, Neil Bass, spotted a "hump-shaped black object" during their observation on the loch.  Bass did recognized the creature he say as normal marine life in the area.

This interesting leading to the possibility that there might be underwater rivers or caverns connecting the lochs together. I also remember reading somewhere that the Loch might've actually been open to the sea but it was then sealed off or that there might be a way out of the Loch into the ocean through a passageway from the ocean.

I believe that it easily could exist my reasoning is simple:

If any organism is left undisturbed and its enviroment is suitable to its needs as well as it is able to reproduce then there is no reason why it wouldnt survive.

MF, It may have been proven that there are no caves in the loch for Nessie to hide in, but I mentioned him travelling overland to reach one. And secret caverns mean no one would know they were there anyway.

original.gif

As the Scots say:

Gerrrrrrrrroffit!"

I've been there, many times, hiked all the areas near Drumnadrochit

and there ARE NO CAVES.

Let's kill this bad idea.

MF po.gif

People, people!!!!!!

99% of you (cept Saruman) have never been there.

THERE ARE NO CAVES AND NO TUNNELS THAT NESSIE HIDES IN NOR ARE THERE

TUNNELS TO THE SEA...

It there were, the loch WOULD LOSE WATER BY FIFTY FEET!!!!!!

( polite bonk!)

Sonar and underwater searches show this is so.

devil.gifdevil.gif MF

"Been there, done that"

As the Scots say:

Gerrrrrrrrroffit!"

I've been there, many times, hiked all the areas near Drumnadrochit

and there ARE NO CAVES.

Let's kill this bad idea.

MF 

I dont think that was very appropriate,shouting at people like that,every one is entitled to an opinion.

99% of you (cept Saruman) have never been there.

And just how do you know this?You do not,I have been there,many a time,Bright Eyes has too.So there. tongue.gif

Loch Ness is one of my favourite places to visit. The only thing that is slowly ruining the magic is the increasing number of tourists.

MF, you need to get down off your high horse. You've explored the whole loch and the whole surrounding area, good for you, I am not worthy and bow down to you.

Well by your theory everything paranormal or normal is manifested.

A glitch in the system.

Mr. Anderson i think you have a problem with authority.

For all in Scotland and England,if you get Channel five,the search for Nessie start's at 8:05pm 2morrow. thumbsup.gif

There are no caves nor tunnels. If I remember right the rift the lochs are in was formed by a glacier. Caves are usually formed when there air pockets in lava, and it hardens.

I don't think there is a pleisiosaur in the loch, but something's in there, I think an eel. Besides eels are just cool.

For me there has been too much false evidence involving the creature. There were underwater pictures that were taken in the 70's, but they later realised that the camera had been rolling around and taking picture of the bottom of the loch.

Then there was Marmaduke Wetherall, who hoaxed tracks by using a stuffed hippo's foot. He was on an expediton to the loch for the Daily Mail, when he hoaxed these tracks. The Daily Mail later ended the expedition, whitout telling Wetherall. Wetherall then carved a piece of wood and attached it to a toy submarine, and took a picture of it. This was his revenge. He gave this photograph to a friend of his, a Surgeon from London. This photo is the famous Surgeon's photograph, which was finnaly announced a fake in 1994.

post-9-1069551831.jpg