Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No, global warming isnt happening

carini

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• capeo

• carini

• Reincarnated

Yeah, we're pretty screwed. At the current rate of global temperature rise I fear the "tipping point", as it's called, of CO2 saturation has already been reached. These thaws and ice regressions were predicted to take place minimum 50 fifty years from now by the most alarmist of studies. Turns out it's happening even faster than that.

Yeah, we're pretty screwed. At the current rate of global temperature rise I fear the "tipping point", as it's called, of CO2 saturation has already been reached. These thaws and ice regressions were predicted to take place minimum 50 fifty years from now by the most alarmist of studies. Turns out it's happening even faster than that.

You RI and me in the UK will notice the worst of is as well, the gulf stream is altering because of it.

hmmm 50 years

but i thought the world was gonna end 2012 :rolleyes:

Lol, Its not the end of the world, just for a lot of species on it. 50 years is just an estimation, but it is obviouus that the changes in the world temperature are having some profound affects.

You RI and me in the UK will notice the worst of is as well, the gulf stream is altering because of it.

I know, huh? The drop in salinity of the north atlantic is forcing the Gulf Stream south. Here's a quote from an article about a study in the 90's when they predicted that the gulf stream would shut down by 2200 at the rates observed from 1965-1995. They have since amended it after noting the quick increase in ice melt from 2002-2005:

"If, as a result of global warming, significant parts of the massive Greenland ice-sheet were to melt or break off, and if sea-ice formation were to shrink as fast or even faster than the rapid rate witnessed over the period 2002-05 then the timetable mooted in this study would likely have to be brought forward considerably, as noted by the authors."

They don't say when but significantly sooner than 2200 is scary enough.

Here's another excerpt relating to a recently published study in Nature:

"The Atlantic Ocean overturning that maintains Europe's moderate climate has slowed by 30 per cent according to scientists from the National Oceanography Centre at the University of Southampton in research published today in Nature (Thursday, 1 December 2005).

Professor Harry Bryden, Dr Stuart Cunningham and University of Southampton research student Hannah Longworth have been researching the flow of the Atlantic Ocean across latitude 25 degrees north - comparing measurements across the Atlantic taken in 2004 with records from 1957, 1981, 1992 and 1998. Ocean flow is measured in Sverdrups, equivalent to one million tonnes of water a second. The team estimate a decrease in the overturning from 20 Sv in earlier surveys to 14 Sv in 2004."

For over forty years it had been the same then between 1998 and 2004 you have a 30% drop off? Yeah, nothings happening. All's I can say is get a warm coat, bro. At least it won't rain as much, right? :(

I know, huh? The drop in salinity of the north atlantic is forcing the Gulf Stream south. Here's a quote from an article about a study in the 90's when they predicted that the gulf stream would shut down by 2200 at the rates observed from 1965-1995. They have since amended it after noting the quick increase in ice melt from 2002-2005:

"If, as a result of global warming, significant parts of the massive Greenland ice-sheet were to melt or break off, and if sea-ice formation were to shrink as fast or even faster than the rapid rate witnessed over the period 2002-05 then the timetable mooted in this study would likely have to be brought forward considerably, as noted by the authors."

They don't say when but significantly sooner than 2200 is scary enough.

Here's another excerpt relating to a recently published study in Nature:

"The Atlantic Ocean overturning that maintains Europe's moderate climate has slowed by 30 per cent according to scientists from the National Oceanography Centre at the University of Southampton in research published today in Nature (Thursday, 1 December 2005).

Professor Harry Bryden, Dr Stuart Cunningham and University of Southampton research student Hannah Longworth have been researching the flow of the Atlantic Ocean across latitude 25 degrees north - comparing measurements across the Atlantic taken in 2004 with records from 1957, 1981, 1992 and 1998. Ocean flow is measured in Sverdrups, equivalent to one million tonnes of water a second. The team estimate a decrease in the overturning from 20 Sv in earlier surveys to 14 Sv in 2004."

For over forty years it had been the same then between 1998 and 2004 you have a 30% drop off? Yeah, nothings happening. All's I can say is get a warm coat, bro. At least it won't rain as much, right? :(

:( Rain is a small loss for losing all the trees isn't it. :cry:

Global Warming is a myth invented by the Democrats and world leaders across the globe to extract big bucks from the Republicans oil money and destroy America. :lol:

Edited by Reincarnated

Its 51 degrees out in January today. Sun is shining and they day is beautiful and it occurred to me that I don't really have a problem with winter going away forever. I hate the cold. But then its the dang side effects of global warming that's the problem.

What are they again?

It's sad people don't care about destroying our atmosphere for the sake of a warmer winter. Ignorance at it's finest, doesn't get any worse than that.

Well what are the side effects. Seriously. I am curious if this is just another way of our species changing the environment to suit our needs?

Survival of the fittest. Adapt or die. Seems like humans have taken over the planet.

Well what are the side effects. Seriously. I am curious if this is just another way of our species changing the environment to suit our needs?

Survival of the fittest. Adapt or die. Seems like humans have taken over the planet.

The negative effects are the loss of the ice in polar regions causing sea level rises, this in turn cause alteration of currents. Areas like the UK will be much much colder the US mid west will start to look more akin to the Sahara. Increased desertification in Africa and Asia's tropical regions. Decrease in the available water for everyone loss of wildlife both terestial and marine, loss of planet life through both heat and cold, flooding of large areas such as the Carolinas and Florida Holland and Denmark. Then it will probably get worse.

Its 51 degrees out in January today. Sun is shining and they day is beautiful and it occurred to me that I don't really have a problem with winter going away forever. I hate the cold. But then its the dang side effects of global warming that's the problem.

What are they again?

Well, I think the scariest and pretty much most definite one is the rise in ocean levels due melting ice caps which could potentially flood thousands of coastal cities world wide. With this you also have a drop of salinity in northern oceans. In the North Atlantic this seems to be pushing the Gulf Stream further south. The Gulf Stream is what keeps Europe's weather mild for the most part. This lack of heat is potentially disastrous for Europes climate and the North Atlantic fisheries. All the permafrost melting in the Arctic is going to start release vast amounts of CO2 worsening the problem. The rise in CO2 could also drop the pH of the ocean. The Arctic ecosystem will cease to be and the consequences for worldwide ecosystems both aquatic and terrestrial will terrible. The shorlines, both fresh and salt water, are extremely important ecological niches. If the water rises too fast and the shorline shifts inland too far these fragile areas will suffer greatly. So we're talking significant loss of animal populations and possibly extinctions. The human cost could be massive, potential toppling entire economies as the their largest cities slowly get swamped or their food production becomes impossible to due climate change. Storm cycles, on the other hand, are tough to predict and not all climatologists agree on the effects it might have on extreme weather such as hurricanes.

Thanks for the information guys!

Anytime! :)

Edited by capeo

this ios just a natural increase in temp, the world is still coming out of the last ice age. People are pretty full of themselves to think that we can change the weather in such a short time. We may over time have an effect, but this "global warming" is just a normal trend. If we are around to see another ice age, in how ever many thousand years, when it starts cooling down, people and the media will blame america and probably stil blame bush for "global cooling"

this ios just a natural increase in temp, the world is still coming out of the last ice age. People are pretty full of themselves to think that we can change the weather in such a short time. We may over time have an effect, but this "global warming" is just a normal trend. If we are around to see another ice age, in how ever many thousand years, when it starts cooling down, people and the media will blame america and probably stil blame bush for "global cooling"

Actually, you're quite wrong. The science is beyond doubt now (unless you're a scientist on the GOP payroll). You might forget we have ice cores that go through many ice ages and retain their CO2 signatures. Never has CO2 levels risen so quickly and the levels are demarcated at the start of the industrial revolution. It us. There's endless research now, and no climatologist seriously doubts it.

Edited by capeo

Actually, you're quite wrong. The science is beyond doubt now (unless you're a scientist on the GOP payroll). You might forget we have ice cores that go through many ice ages and retain their CO2 signatures. Never has CO2 levels risen so quickly and the levels are demarcated at the start of the industrial revolution. It us. There's endless research now, and no climatologist seriously doubts it.

Well said linked-image

This is getting a bit frightening... When I was small, we used to have proper winters. Hell, sometimes there was so much snow in the city center that it caused traffic difficulties! There hasn't been a white Christmas for at least five years now and this year, we only had something snowish for two days then it melted away and it was only present in the outskirts of the city. Also, its now +4C, but we had around +10 yesterday instead of the normal -5 -- 0 C. We also had a severe drought in the autumn (not that I miss cold rain...). I want my Eastern European weather back with proper seasons!

Global Warming exists you moron! Only rednecks think it doesn't exist!

Whoa, brother, be calm. No need for name calling.

At least I posted the words instead of only the links.

Look up: Global warming is a hoax!

Sigh.......