Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Romania and Bulgaria celebrate EU entry

Commander CMG

Wasn't it the EU that has tried to ban sliced bread and pints of milk? :angry2: They have imposed ridiculos laws on us, just so they have more control. <_<

The British are starting to get tired of this. :yes:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hill

• ships-cat

• Commander CMG

• british_patriot

During 2004/2005, our former prime minister Persson talked about how "Social Tourism" would deteriorate the Swedish welfare system (which he helped build). It never happened

At the moment im based in Finland, and they have an excellant welfare system. and now they have noticed every month more and more uneducated foreigners moving in and having foreign friends show them how the system works. ive taught english to some of these people, Russian, African, Bosnian, Turkish etc etc, and they have told me they dont need to work as they are quite happy with what they recive from the state.

i also lived in Holland, and Finland an Sweden for example will wake up in a few years just as Holland has now, and even my native country Ireland woke up to foreigners, check out the dublin law.

You are right, Louie. Some of the foreigners addapt very quickly to this lifestyle. However, explain me then why is it that foreigners are the prefered choice to hire in to a company?

Believe me, it is not because of the pay. They got payed the same and in some cases ( constraction ) even more then the natives.

Why is it that a foreigner gains with honest work sooner an small fortune than someone who lived there his whole life?

I have lived in six European Countries and in three other coutries on two different continetns. It was always the same. It takes an hones working foreigner an avarage of 7 years to get a job, a new car, a house and nice vacations.

Is the real fear of foreigneirs towards the ones that will abuse the system so we can blame them for our own incomactibility to improove our lifestyle or is the real fear and hate directed towards those foreigners who brake the sterotype of being uneducated, unemployable, ilitarate and system abusing?, in other word the one who take our jobs, make the company happy, pay their taxes and make a very good living of what they earn?

Guest Lottie
great news for all those parents on low incomes :tu:

now they can feel what its like to really be on the receiving end for a change, lets give em some competition, lets bring 30,000,000 other illiterate and backward folk here to share with em.

why should they have all the perks?

Yeah because all families on low income are illiterate and backward folk.... :rolleyes: And all Romanian and Bulgarians are the same.

I don't agree with mass immigration into our country either. Jobs are hard enough to come by as it is without having more competition from other countries, along with the strain on our welfare systems and the fact that we have thousands of UK residence on the streets homeless...I have always said we need to be sorting out our own people first. That being said I agree with the EU to a certain extent and I don't base my opinions on stereotypes or unintelligent tabloid tatter.

Stereotyping :rolleyes: .

Welcome to the European States! They have as much right as us to go and live and work where they choose.

Agreed Lottie.............if they can bring something to their chosen country then let them.

The people thay dont are the ones we want to try and avoid, Australia has the right idea, if you can bring a key skill to the table, then welcome, otherwise bog off...

It is not so much the mass immigration that worries me, they are renowned gangtsers, they are big into credit card fraud and child kidnappings and prostitution amonst other things... I can see a rise in crime here and our legal system is leniant as it is so they know there is a no real deterrent when they are caught.

Agreed Lottie.............if they can bring something to their chosen country then let them.

The people thay dont are the ones we want to try and avoid, Australia has the right idea, if you can bring a key skill to the table, then welcome, otherwise bog off...

Yeah that's all we're asking for, a system like Australia. :tu: Never gonna happen though, we've gone too far.

Under the current system- it feels like we've got to sort out the entire world's problems!

Which makes the liberals happy.. ""It's all our responsibility, we're one big happy family" :wacko:

Crime warning on new EU countries

The UK faces the threat of increased crime when Romania and Bulgaria join the EU, ministers have been warned.

According to a government dossier reportedly seen by the Sun, up to 85% of UK cash machine crime is already committed by Romanian-organised groups.

The memo raises fears "free movement" will attract more people to organised crime in the UK, the newspaper says.

The Home Office says it warned in September that "necessary safeguards" must be in place for the change.

The document, drawn up by ministers and seen by a Cabinet committee last week, reportedly warns of increases in cash machine crime, sex trafficking, street violence and fraud.

A Home Office spokesman said that, while it did not comment on leaked documents, tackling organised crime was a "top priority for the government".

"The establishment of the Serious Organised Crime Agency (Soca) earlier this year signals our determination to make the UK one of the toughest places in the world to operate," he added.

He pointed out that, in a speech to the Police Superintendents Association conference on 19 September, John Reid said UK law enforcement agencies had been working closely with the Romanian and Bulgarian governments to "identify new challenges".

'Implications considered'

In his speech, Mr Reid told senior officers the planned expansion of the EU would have an impact on policing and crime.

"We need to consider very carefully all the implications of the accession of new states and ensure that we have all necessary safeguards in place right down to local borough level to reassure the public that this movement will be managed fairly and competently," Mr Reid said at the time.

The spokesman added that a Home Office-led task force made up of the police, Soca and other agencies was already working on "measures to identify and tackle the full range of law enforcement issues that may arise".

Last week, Mr Reid unveiled limits on Bulgarians' and Romanians' right to work in the UK, saying the only unskilled working allowed would be in food processing and agriculture under a specific scheme with 20,000 places.

The government has exercised its right under the EU rules to restrict access for these workers for up to seven years.

The countries join the EU in January and Mr Reid is keen to avoid the large influx seen from the eight ex-communist states which joined the EU in 2004.

EU rules mean Romanians and Bulgarians will be free to live in the UK and to take any job if self-employed.

Source

It is not so much the mass immigration that worries me, they are renowned gangtsers, they are big into credit card fraud and child kidnappings and prostitution amonst other things... I can see a rise in crime here and our legal system is leniant as it is so they know there is a no real deterrent when they are caught.

True… some of the immigrants come from war torn countries where life is cheap; so they, already battle hardened, wouldn’t think twice about killing someone who gets in their way.

Who’s to stop them? The PC pc British Bobbie. “ Now, now, now…show some respect please.. other people live around here”

Guest Lottie
Crime warning on new EU countries

The UK faces the threat of increased crime when Romania and Bulgaria join the EU, ministers have been warned.

According to a government dossier reportedly seen by the Sun, up to 85% of UK cash machine crime is already committed by Romanian-organised groups.

The memo raises fears "free movement" will attract more people to organised crime in the UK, the newspaper says.

Source

No disrespect to you xsas because I know you have a wealth of knowledge in these particular area's. Also I am not denying that these crimes don't happen because they do all the time.

Warned by who? The Sun newspaper?! "Reportedly seen by the Sun." Well obviously one must take this incredibly seriously then . "The memo raises fears.." -said by the Sun....I would like to see the actual goverment dossier before making a judgement on something reported by a sensationalist, chip paper, scare mongering tabloid. Then I will take it more seriously because right now it's all very 'anti' Bulgarians and Romanians..

[Edited] - To make myself clearer.

Edited by Lottie

No offence taken Lottie.. X

I spend most of my time dealing with Fraud and Romania is one of the biggest culprits in Cyber-Fraud and Scams second only to Nigeria, I have carried out more child recoveries in Romaia than any other country, I have rescued more kidnapped children from rings in Romania than any other country.

The Romanian Governement have been praised by our security services and the FBI for there efforts in trying to combat these and other crimes but they are fighting a no win battle. They have bigger penalties in Romania also for these crimes and they do not deter there organised gangs from their daily business so can you imagine how they are rubbing their hands together when they see our justice system.

I guess time will tell ?

Guest Lottie

Thanks for clearing that up xsas. :tu: x

Well seeing as this is 'common knowledge' so to speak, we can only hope that the Goverment put up safety guards so as to stop these activities from escalating here. Here's hoping... :mellow: Infact there should already be 'safeguards' in this area anyway. I am rather pessimistic when it comes to our Justice system.

Edited by Lottie

Yeah.. most people in the Uk think it's just a racist myth.

You're in for a big surprise...

linked-image

Edited by billyhill

Guest Lottie
Yeah.. most people in Uk think it's just a racist myth.

You're in for a big surprise...

linked-image

I am not in for a big suprise. I already knew of the criminal activity just not of the extent of it.

I don't understand why you feel the need to add a photo showing a Romanian Family. Is this image with which you base the criminals on? I prefer to make informed opinions on these people based not on a stereotype.

I have to say the photo was lost on me too.. an image of a lady holding a skirt with a Romanian family near by ? What is the significance ?

Edited by XSAS

I am not in for a big suprise. I already knew of the criminal activity just not of the extent of it.

I don't understand why you feel the need to add a photo showing a Romanian Family. Is this image with which you base the criminals on? I prefer to make informed opinions on these people based not on a stereotype.

No, stereotypes do exist and can be accurate. I prefer to base my judgment on personal experience. I can, (like us all) judge on the stereotype and if I'm proved wrong by the individual- I’m pleasantly surprised-

I’ve been to Romania and on the most part the people are very pleasant, however- the stereotype of the Romanian gypsies- I found, to be accurate.

Edited by billyhill

You are right, Louie. Some of the foreigners addapt very quickly to this lifestyle. However, explain me then why is it that foreigners are the prefered choice to hire in to a company?

Believe me, it is not because of the pay. They got payed the same and in some cases ( constraction ) even more then the natives.

Why is it that a foreigner gains with honest work sooner an small fortune than someone who lived there his whole life?

I have lived in six European Countries and in three other coutries on two different continetns. It was always the same. It takes an hones working foreigner an avarage of 7 years to get a job, a new car, a house and nice vacations.

Is the real fear of foreigneirs towards the ones that will abuse the system so we can blame them for our own incomactibility to improove our lifestyle or is the real fear and hate directed towards those foreigners who brake the sterotype of being uneducated, unemployable, ilitarate and system abusing?, in other word the one who take our jobs, make the company happy, pay their taxes and make a very good living of what they earn?

I am a muscian, so where i live isnt relevant to my job, its a choice, i pay my taxs there, but because of my travels ive met many forgeiners, and true construction pays very well for foreigners i believe because in many countries kids are staying on in school longer, university etc and dont see manual work as an option therefore open space for people who can work construction. many foreigners who move abroad are highly educated or have been headhunted for jobs, but we are talking now about unskilled people who are only looking for a good welfare system. one personal thing that bothers me and ive seen it in many countrys is when they move to a country they build there own communitys and dont mix with the natives, that is wrong if you live in someones country you should intergate your self not make a little version of your own country.

as i said some countrys have experenced this allready and some will experence it in the near future.

• 4 months later...

Now, I hate to say I told you so.. but I told you so..

linked-image

Meet the Romanian family of 101 living in Slough. a '101?' members? Christ.

They arrived in January when Romania joined the EU and any citizens of the former Communist nation were allowed to settle in Britain.

The family speak little English. Indeed, most of them cannot read and write even in their own language.

The head of the family, a portly 45-year-old named Ion, told the Mail: "We are happy to be in Britain. But we need money for food, for milk for the babies and nappies."

link

40 IMMIGRANT GANGS TAKING OVER UK'S CRIME

British security services are covertly tailing more than 40 criminal cells run by recent immigrants from eastern Europe.

The gangs, operating across the ­country, are understood to be involved in people trafficking, prostitution, money-laundering, extortion and drugs.

A well-placed Home Office source told the Sunday Express that the cells have thrived since Christmas when the UK open­ed its borders to EU newcomers Bul­garia and Romania.

The Government was repeatedly war­ned of a likely influx of criminals – ­particularly from Bulgaria, renowned as the most lawless nation on the continent.

It is understood two gangs have already had their bank accounts secretly frozen, after investigators found they had accrued more than £15million in just four months.

No arrests have yet been made. Last night Scotland Yard would not comment on the ongoing inquiries.

Full Story and Source

Just what in the hell is our government doing?? The EU is a disaster! Our NHS is already at breaking point due to the flood of immigrants!

I see some of the immigrants BEGGING on the streets of my city- Belfast. There has NEVER been this before! There are so many of them and quite frankly they don't benefit Northern Ireland or any part of Britain for that matter, so why do they let them in?

I drive past the social security office on the way to work and there are always immigrants hanging around outside it. I work very hard and pay my taxes so they can get everything paid for them?! :td: I got taxed £400 on my last pay cheque, I would not mind paying it if it went to people who really needed it and deserved it! If you're not going to benefit the country then you shouldn't be here.. it's harsh but true!

People should only be allowed to move here if they are exceptionally skilled and self sufficient! The money that the immigrants get should have been put into our health service so that sick people can benefit from it. There are old people that have lived and worked hard here all their lives.. and they are having to wait for months and months in pain to get a hip replacement or similar operation. it's a disgrace..cancer patients condemned to die because of the "post code" lottery. Tony Blair should be ashamed of himself. Our Government should look after its own people first and foremost. if it doesn't then what is the point?? You might as well abolish all governments, open the borders and have a free for all! lets face it, it seems to be going that way! I honestly think I could do a better job myself!

I've said it before, but this is the reason why fascist parties like the BNP are getting so much support. None of the other parties want to take a stand against this. I would never vote for fascists but it's almost like taking the best of a bad bunch. People aren't voting for them because they are racist, they're voting for them because Britain is quickly going down the toilet. When I read the BNP manifesto I agreed with almost all of it! You know something is wrong when that happens.

Edited by StoneAgeQueen

I would hardly describe the BNP as 'fascist' StoneAgeQueen - they are supporters of democracy (and indeed, are pledged to REDUCE the power of central government.) However, it's interesting that you raise this term in the context of this post. Much of the recent immigration into the UK has been as a result of European Union rules, and I would CERTAINLY accuse THAT organisation of - if not Fascism - then profoundly undemocratic authoritarianism. Consider:

• The decision makers are unelected, and not asnwerable to the people that they govern.
  • They continously seek to extend their political power over other nation states (including control of military, foreign policy, and judicial issues)
  • Actions of commissonairs are NOT open to public scrutiny.
  • EU finances are NOT open to scrutiny or independant oversight.
  • They are contemptous of democratic structures such as elections and referendums. (when the EU Constitution was voted down in National Referendums, the response of the EU was to say 'fine - we'll introduce it ANYWAY'.. which is what they are doing. )
  • They seek to intefere in democratic structures in other Nations. (When the people of Austria voted for a president recently, the EU stated that the president was not acceptable to them, and that they would impose economic sanctions against Austria. The president (the people's choice) had to step down. )

Seems like some pretty Fascist tendencies to me :S

Meow Purr.

I would hardly describe the BNP as 'fascist' StoneAgeQueen - they are supporters of democracy (and indeed, are pledged to REDUCE the power of central government.) However, it's interesting that you raise this term in the context of this post. Much of the recent immigration into the UK has been as a result of European Union rules, and I would CERTAINLY accuse THAT organisation of - if not Fascism - then profoundly undemocratic authoritarianism. Consider:
  • The decision makers are unelected, and not asnwerable to the people that they govern.
  • They continously seek to extend their political power over other nation states (including control of military, foreign policy, and judicial issues)
  • Actions of commissonairs are NOT open to public scrutiny.
  • EU finances are NOT open to scrutiny or independant oversight.
  • They are contemptous of democratic structures such as elections and referendums. (when the EU Constitution was voted down in National Referendums, the response of the EU was to say 'fine - we'll introduce it ANYWAY'.. which is what they are doing. )
  • They seek to intefere in democratic structures in other Nations. (When the people of Austria voted for a president recently, the EU stated that the president was not acceptable to them, and that they would impose economic sanctions against Austria. The president (the people's choice) had to step down. )
Seems like some pretty Fascist tendencies to me :S

Meow Purr.

You're right :)

Honestly, I'm beginning so think the conspiracies about the NWO could be right...

The BNP have some excellent ideas, even including lessening and eventually stopping intensive farming. And they would severely punish animal cruelty. But I do have some doubts about them. it's hard to get unbiased, independent information on political parties.

Edited by StoneAgeQueen

You're right :)

Honestly, I'm beginning so think the conspiracies about the NWO could be right...

The BNP have some excellent ideas, even including lessening and eventually stopping intensive farming. And they would severely punish animal cruelty.

He - I think the EU thinks of itself as the "New World Order". As for the BNP, I think they have a lot of sensible policies. Mind you - they have a couple of loony tunes idea's as well. (I'm not sure the one about arming the citizens with assault rifles is going to go down too well - I think Nick Griffin must have been sampling the local brew when he came up with THAT one ... and I've just noticed that it has quietly dissapeared from their manifesto :P )

It's all too much for the Working Cat to Comprehend

Meow Purr.

He - I think the EU thinks of itself as the "New World Order". As for the BNP, I think they have a lot of sensible policies. Mind you - they have a couple of loony tunes idea's as well. (I'm not sure the one about arming the citizens with assault rifles is going to go down too well - I think Nick Griffin must have been sampling the local brew when he came up with THAT one ... and I've just noticed that it has quietly dissapeared from their manifesto :P )

It's all too much for the Working Cat to Comprehend

Meow Purr.

*Strokes the cat* :)

There are a few looney tunes in it.. but it's the same with every party.

maybe you and I should start our own :lol:

The only thing Romania has ever contributed to the world is, Dracula, the Cheeky Girls and a new wave of street crime hitting europe!!!

I once thought that it could be a good idea to immigrate to UK and work/live there, but now when Romania and Bulgaria is in ES, no thanks, half starved romanians will work for a fricking 1gbp/hour and company owners will choose them insted of people from decent EU countrys who want at least the minimal wage.