Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Girl killed by pit bull terrier

Commander CMG

The breed stereotyping in this story is entirely justified as well as the stereotyping of people who own them. I mean.. what if the dog was a poodle? I really doubt the girl would’ve died.

Even by your own research.. the pitbull was just behind rotweilers. So, this makes them safe!?

True. But look at the other dogs on the list. You don't see people calling for the eradication of the Husky breed do you?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truethat

• Bill Hill

• Michelle

• Commander CMG

I hate the idea of petdom. I like animals in their natural state. I think it is no wonder that you take an animal and force it into a lifetime of slavery because the pet owner wants to "own" an living thing, that eventually its going to snap if it is so dispositioned.

I get angry at the absurdity of pet owners worrying about "pet stereotyping" when a little child just had her throat ripped out.

I get sick to my stomach at the kinds of things pet owners say about their pets equating them to humans.

I think that you should not own a dog unless you are prepared to live in an area with plenty of room for the animal to roam and not have to be leashed and chained all the time.

The fact of the matter is that dogs are no longer a 'natural' animal. People have selectively bred them for hundreds, if not thousands of years into what they are today. By that token, I doubt 90% of the breeds in existence today would survive in the wild. They are simply too dependent on their human caretakers. So really it is a two-way street, it is not just people wanting to 'own' a dog, but the dogs needing humans as well.

I'm interested in what you think of people and how they raise their children. After all, you are bringing a life into this world to take care of, it is completely dependent on you, and you raise it by teaching it your own morals and feelings, in essence. Is that not 'owning' in a way? This is NOT me comparing pets to people, just an observation.

And there ya go....the inevitable comparison to children. Why is it that dog owners never compare them to cats or other PETS? I really think some pet owners are bent in the head.

Its a DOG not a human. There's no comparison. You don't go out a purchase a child unless you are Madonna ok!

Wow, can you just FREAKING avoid talking about it any more? Can you do anything but feel 'disgusted' about any refutation of your narrow minded views? Holy crap!

True. But look at the other dogs on the list. You don't see people calling for the eradication of the Husky breed do you?

No way. I love huskies but I hear they don't make good pets or rather you need to understand the correct pack mentality and use the proper training. They are working dogs after all. Cute...

linked-image

The Pit bull though, I don’t know.. weren’t they created or ‘bred’ for fighting bears or each other?

Wow, can you just FREAKING avoid talking about it any more? Can you do anything but feel 'disgusted' about any refutation of your narrow minded views? Holy crap!

Hmm nice avoid. Typical. Nutty dog owners compare dogs to children and when called out on it resume the attack on the poster. Is this how you train your dog?

Hmm nice avoid. Typical. Nutty dog owners compare dogs to children and when called out on it resume the attack on the poster. Is this how you train your dog?

You are right. Gee, how could I not have seen it before. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm done.

Edited by Caayn

No way. I love huskies but I hear they don't make good pets or rather you need to understand the correct pack mentality and use the proper training. They are working dogs after all. Cute...

linked-image

The Pit bull though, I don’t know.. weren’t they created or ‘bred’ for fighting bears or each other?

I have an alaskan Malamute. This is the second one we have had. I find them very good with children. Willing to put up with kids playing with them alot better then small dogs. With that said. I keep and eye on my daughter at all times she is around my dog. Better safe than sorry.

Yes I know you are done. You didn't even start. Until dog owners take more responsibility for the collective community instead of shoving their dog priveledge on the rest of us like a right and insisting that we tolerate attacks on children because its not fair to stereotype a dog things won't change.

We need to admit that in spite of best intentions not all dog owners are responsible. We have in our society rules and regulations about parenting since that's all you seem to focus on. If a parent raises a child in detrimental fashion the parent can loose their rights or be punished. But dog owners seem to want a gloves off policy. Its just a dog. Right.

There needs to be stricter laws. If you want a pit bull that bad BUY A FARM and have it there. If you live in an apartment it should be illegal to own a dog over a certain number of pounds. Its cruel to the animal.

Why I get so mad is when I see supposedly responsible dog owners turning the other cheek and ignoring a horror like this case out of blind loyalty to dog owners.

Not all dog owners are responsible. If you TRULY cared about the animals you'd want strict rules and regulations to be set for the sake of the animal.

They have nothing else on thier minds, except eating and making little pitbulls.

Funny.....is that not what we humans do.

Yes I know you are done. You didn't even start. Until dog owners take more responsibility for the collective community instead of shoving their dog priveledge on the rest of us like a right and insisting that we tolerate attacks on children because its not fair to stereotype a dog things won't change.

We need to admit that in spite of best intentions not all dog owners are responsible. We have in our society rules and regulations about parenting since that's all you seem to focus on. If a parent raises a child in detrimental fashion the parent can loose their rights or be punished. But dog owners seem to want a gloves off policy. Its just a dog. Right.

There needs to be stricter laws. If you want a pit bull that bad BUY A FARM and have it there. If you live in an apartment it should be illegal to own a dog over a certain number of pounds. Its cruel to the animal.

Why I get so mad is when I see supposedly responsible dog owners turning the other cheek and ignoring a horror like this case out of blind loyalty to dog owners.

Not all dog owners are responsible. If you TRULY cared about the animals you'd want strict rules and regulations to be set for the sake of the animal.

No where did I state that every person has a 'right' to own a dog. All I did was point out that you can't seem to make up your mind as to wheather it is the dog that is responsible or it is the owner that is responsible. Never did I say that attacks on children should be tolerated. The animal in question was destroyed, as it should have been. No, not all dog owners are responsible. Neither are all parents. There should be stricter laws regarding dog ownership....once again NEVER did I say otherwise. You seem to think that just because I own dogs, that means I am a bleeding heart little pansy who wants to hug all the puppies of the world. Not so.

However, there is NO need to take out all of your outrage on EVERY dog owner in the world. That's just pathetic.

So that's it for you eh? Nice and neat right. Problem solved. The dog was destroyed. So its over right? Unbelievable.

In this case, no. The uncle (and possibly the parents) sould be charged with a whole barrage of crimes. However, that doesn't mean every pitbull should be murdered.

And BTW, way to focus on one sentance in my post that you had to disagree with, rather than reading and comprehending the entire thing.

Edited by Caayn

I have an alaskan Malamute. This is the second one we have had. I find them very good with children. Willing to put up with kids playing with them alot better then small dogs. With that said. I keep and eye on my daughter at all times she is around my dog. Better safe than sorry.

Cool Eric :tu:

Anyway, you sound like a responsible owner. Say didn't you used to have a pic of your dog for your avatar?

In this case, no. The uncle (and possibly the parents) sould be charged with a whole barrage of crimes. However, that doesn't mean every pitbull should be murdered.

And BTW, way to focus on one sentance in my post that you had to disagree with, rather than reading and comprehending the entire thing.

Its the mentality of dog owners that makes me sick.

The inevitable comparison of the dog to a human child. Happens every time.

The seeming indifference to the violent death the person was subjected to.

The lack of empathy for the human family. Its bizarre.

Its the mentality of dog owners that makes me sick.

The inevitable comparison of the dog to a human child. Happens every time.

The seeming indifference to the violent death the person was subjected to.

The lack of empathy for the human family. Its bizarre.

Where did you get that out of my post? Are you high?

I never said it wasn't a tragedy. But, so are things like war, famine, and AIDS. However, I'm not crying my eyes out over them.

Another PittBull thread eh? Great! I have one... actually I have one at my house, and 7 more on my land. My main dog is a Sorrells/Yarborough APBT: http://www.sorrellspitbulls.com/sorrells_history.html ..... He can rip year head off..

My 13 year sister loves babysitting him for me when I'm out of town. She's been around him since she was 6. The girl can point her finger and command the dog to "stay" or "attack" with the point of her finger.

Well, I see everyone's point of view and what they think about PB's and yet never owned one in their life. Simple solution... Don't own one if you're an idiot. Make sense? I've owned many Pittbulls since the age of 11... and I'm only 29 now. Still, that gives me around 18 years with no problems my PB's. My dog's have bitten 3 people, on 2 seperate times, the people have gone to the emergency room. Every one of my cases have had the charges dropped. My dog bit the victims while they were on my property, and when they ran off my property, my dog stayed, and still barked until they were out of his site.

Here's some info: There's a difference between Pitt Bulls and American Pitt Bull Terriers.... so before you think you know, you better know because this is where I can school most.

The old "Little Rascal" starred a pitbull, I didn't see any attacks. I never saw Spuds McKenzie, the beer dog attack anyone. LOL... like any dog, you train them to be around people.

American Bulldog, Boston Terrier, Boxer, English Bulldog, Olde English Bulldogge, French Bulldog, Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog, Valley Bulldog, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Bull Terrier, Bull Mastiff, and the Banter Bulldogge are all Bull Breeds, so if you refer to pitbulls, might as well include all.

IMO.... any dog will bite, it's just that PittBulls are capable of doing the damage intended. If a Cocker Spaniel or a Pomeranian bites with the same intentions as a pitbull, then more thean likely, it would go unreported since no one has been mawled.

The dog's actions reflect that of it's owners. People should not own a pitbull simply because it a pitbull. You should own one if you have the experience to handle one.

When post people refer to PitBulls, they are referring to pitbulls that are unknown breeds. These "Back Alley" breeding is intended to breed "quantity" over "Quality".

Example of discription of "back alley pitt bull" :

-Black pittbull

Example of Quality "pitbull" like the one shown below:

-Name - Frazier's "Two Face b******"

-Weight - Currently 96 lbs.

-Age - 8 years old

-Sire- Frazier's "Big Daddy Zeus"

-Dame- Bynum's "Sassy Girl" Kiera[/i]

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

Edited by NME_locus

Your dog bit three people and sent them to the emergency room and you think that's OK because they were on your property?

I see so if someone walks on your property without your permission its OK by you for the dog to maul them.

I can't stand the way dog owners think.

Your dog bit three people and sent them to the emergency room and you think that's OK because they were on your property?

I see so if someone walks on your property without your permission its OK by you for the dog to maul them.

Yup... just that simple. Better the dog, because I will shoot tresspassers. Don't stereotype dog owners, as many don't think like me.

I have my dog's for protection, so I'm sorry if you're a "Poodle" type guy. ;)

BTW... you need to read the definition for "maul" before you use it. If my dog's would have mauled the people, then they would have been severely injured. These were good old fashion warning bites.

Boy... that sure made a lot of sense.

I see so if someone walks on your property without your permission its OK by you for the dog to maul them..

So you welcome tresspassers? You got an address?

Edited by NME_locus

Its like you guys don't even have a clue what you sound like. So say someone gets lost and they want to knock on your door? Or a sales person? Ok by you.

Another thread a person once wrote that this ten year old girl was sticking her fingers in her dogs ear and that if he had attacked her she would have deserved it.

You think nothing of leaving your pit bulls with your 6 year old child. Neither did the guy in the original story and now she's dead after having had her throat ripped out by a dog.

I just can't comprehend what it will take for you guys to realize that your dogs are DOGS they are not people. They are unpredictable animals.

Yup... just that simple. Better the dog, because I will shoot tresspassers. Don't stereotype dog owners, as many don't think like me.

I have my dog's for protection, so I'm sorry if you're a "Poodle" type guy. ;)

BTW... you need to read the definition for "maul" before you use it. If my dog's would have mauled the people, then they would have been severely injured. These were good old fashion warning bites.

Boy... that sure made a lot of sense.

What if they had been 10 year olds? Would you shoot them? Would they deserve to be bitten? Wow. I love dogs, but you are too much.

Who are these mysterious 'you guys' that you keep referring to?

ETA: Directed at truethat.

Edited by Caayn

I did not say "attacked" I said "bitten"...there is a big difference and that was not all the little brat was doing. Dogs give warning snaps that are basically a little nip and if you knew anything about dogs you would know that.

It would be greatly appreciated if you would stop generalizing all dog owners as you are making me rethink every streotype I've heard about New Yorkers.

Oh I'm sorry. Bitten. You'd think it was ok for a child to be BITTEN by a dog for pestering it. He thinks it would be ok for a person to get"warning bites" that required emergency room treatment for being on his property.

So people always DESERVE to be attacked by a dog.

This kind of thinking is so typical of dog owners and its disgusting. But of course none of you have the slightest idea what I am talking about.

Oh I'm sorry. Bitten. You'd think it was ok for a child to be BITTEN by a dog for pestering it. He thinks it would be ok for a person to get"warning bites" that required emergency room treatment for being on his property.

So people always DESERVE to be attacked by a dog.

This kind of thinking is so typical of dog owners and its disgusting. But of course none of you have the slightest idea what I am talking about.

I don't have my dogs to bite people, and I wouldn't think it was okay if they did.