Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3,000 Soldiers For Saddam, Was it worth it?

Reincarnated

3,000 Soldiers For Saddam, Was it worth it?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. 3,000 Soldiers For Saddam, Was it worth it?

• Yes
    • No

There could of been more efficient routes to take out Saddam, he may of deserved death but sadly it was only in an act of desperation. It is a bittersweet moment.

Edited by Reincarnated

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• truethat

• Avinash_Tyagi

• el midgetron

There could of been more efficient routes to take out Saddam, he may of deserved death but sadly it was only in an act of desperation. It is a bittersweet moment.

That figure is the total US Military deaths.. may I remind you that many other countries have lost Military and private civilian security personell also... ?

That figure is the total US Military deaths.. may I remind you that many other countries have lost Military and private civilian security personell also... ?
Sorry, I don't know the total numbers. I did not mean any disrespect.

Sorry, I don't know the total numbers. I did not mean any disrespect.

I fully understand and don't need an appology.. the last thing I want to do is turn this thred into an "ANTI USA" discussion but there are other countries that are fighting and losing soldiers in Iraq also.

Back to the original question... "Was it worth it"..?

NO.

Some men must die so others can live. If Saddam wasn't taken out of action who knows how many he could have killed.

No. The war should have never started. Now we're stuck with the obligation of rebuilding and keeping the peace there. I do want to see Iraq succeed though. Just can't go in, bomb it to hell and then just simply leave. I'm glad that there are 26+ million people that are going to get a chance at democracy but there were other routes.

but sadly it was only in an act of desperation
Nothing else the world tried garnered the desired results so, I guess it was kind of in desperation. War should never be any nations first option. The U.N. gave Iraq SEVENTEEN resolutions and ten years to comply. I think that it was pretty obvious that Saddam was not going to play by the rules. It was an act of desperation simply because there were no valid options left.

3,000 is a pretty big number. Larger than the population of many towns in the United States. Nearly the staff of one super carrier! Comparitively speaking though, it is still an astounding victory. How many died at Guadel Canal? How many on the coasts of Normandy? How many at Waterloo? How many at Shiloh? How many at the Seinne? How many on 9/11?

The long and short of it is that if Saddam had stepped up to the plate and played ball with the U.N. and not shot rockets at American, British and French aircraft on a daily basis, none of this would have happened. There will always be short thinkers who blame Bush but, the root cause of it all was an unwillingness to live up to the treaties that brought about the cease fire.

I won't go into it here. I've covered this topic until I'm blue in the face.

Maybe 655,000 iraqi men women and children killed and maimed in this 'war' be consider.

cnn

That's a grossly over esimated statement. Even the human right groups have only pushed the number to 100k, while the most commonly accepted number around is seemly around 50,000.

H#ll no.. DEFINATELY NOT WORTH THIS unprecedented Iraq war.

Bush probably won't be happy until we either invade Iran or an additional 10,000 more US soldiers are killed.

Bush probably won't be happy until we either invade Iran or an additional 10,000 more US soldiers are killed.
Now, in all honesty, can you explain why he would WANT Americans to die? In what way will that make him happy?

Now, in all honesty, can you explain why he would WANT Americans to die? In what way will that make him happy?

It's a figure of speech..... ?

Some men must die so others can live. If Saddam wasn't taken out of action who knows how many he could have killed.

But look at how many have already died... and then extrapolate how many would have died if Saddam was left in charge, judging by his past.

3000 men is a ridiculously low number for a war. We lost more men than that in the first 15 minutes at Normandy.

I'd be more concerned with the 100's of thousands of Iraqis and ask that question again. And again the answer would be YES unfortunately. See there seems to be a mindset of people who are totally against the war who presume those that accept it for what it is suffer from blood lust or insanity.

Thousands of Iraqi children died each MONTH before the war due to the embargo which was being reneged upon by the French and the Chinese so very unfortunately for the state of the world YES 3000 soldiers were more than worth it.

Interesting article

http://www.reason.com/news/show/28346.html

Edited by truethat

Not that it in anyway deminishes the loss of a human life but, the U.S. soldiers fighting in Iraq are not a bunch of innocent bystanders, they are ALL volenteers. They joined the military, they knew that it entailed the possibility of going to war and yes, maybe even dying. They all had a psychological screening and were deemed mentally fit to serve. Contrary to what John Kerry and the left would have you believe, not one of the soldiers there is mentally defecient to the point of not understanding what it means to sign on the line and put on that uniform.

It wouldn't. Some people are just ignorant.

Not that it in anyway deminishes the loss of a human life but, the U.S. soldiers fighting in Iraq are not a bunch of innocent bystanders, they are ALL volenteers. They joined the military, they knew that it entailed the possibility of going to war and yes, maybe even dying. They all had a psychological screening and were deemed mentally fit to serve. Contrary to what John Kerry and the left would have you believe, not one of the soldiers there is mentally defecient to the point of not understanding what it means to sign on the line and put on that uniform.

Amen to that, brother. I know that when I signed up, I was very well aware of the war going on. And if someone is signing up thinking that there is very little probability of them going to Iraq, well, then they are in for a heartbreak. I personally knew twelve people that have gone to Iraq and not made it back alive. Their deaths were a tragedy, but they signed up willing to put their life on the line for the freedoms you and I enjoy (Americans for sure, and most of the rest of the world.) We sign up and take an oath to defend America from all enemies, FOREIGN and domestic, so.....

How does a soldier feel fighting a war?

Does he always know what he is fighting for?

Maybe he knows but doesn't understand,

why he is alone in a faraway land.

Like so many others he is there for a cause,

And like the rest he doesn't pause.

He has a job that he does well,

even as his best friend beside him fell.

How does he feel when he hears the news,

of violent protests from the ignorant few?

His shame is great, the pain goes deep

he feels compassion for the dead at his feet.

Rioters can boast and carry signs,

about the war that has shook our time.

But when the call comes for them to go,

they burn their draft cards and make a show.

How can a soldier be proud of his land,

when this type of people make a stand?

How can we show him we are glad he is there,

fighting for freedom and the ones who care?

War is unfair in any way of life,

and all involved must pay the price.

But the soldier is proud to keep us free,

stop and think..........

Shouldn't you be?

(Brenda Jean Baker)

It Has Always Been The Soldier.

It is the soldier,

not the President who gives us democracy.

It is the soldier,

not the Congress who takes care of us.

It is the soldier,

not the Reporter who has given us Freedom of Press.

It is the soldier,

not the Poet who has given us Freedom of Speech.

It is the soldier,

not the campus Organizer who has given us the

Freedom to Demonstrate.

It is the soldier,

who salutes the flag;

who serves beneath the flag,

and whose coffin is draped by the flag,

that allows the protester to burn the flag.

(Father Dennis O'Brien, US Marine Corp. Chaplain)

The poll doesn't just necessarily apply to US soldiers, It applies to all the lives lost, if I had a source for those numbers I would of used them but I don't. We all know it's a lot more than 3,000 but I'm sure you get my point. Once again, I did not mean any disrespect.

If this war ended now, how would you feel? Would you feel that we succeeded? We still have a huge mess to clean up and to be honest, I think we've bitten off way more than we can chew.

they are ALL volenteers. They joined the military, they knew that it entailed the possibility of going to war and yes, maybe even dying.
Thank you Mr. Obvious

I just don't believe soldiers are mass produced, disposable tools that should be used inefficiently...

Edited by Reincarnated

Iraq is just a battle in the war on terror. Aside from that...if we hadn't gone after Sadaam, and if he had ended up with a nuclear weapon that was used...all of you bleeding hearts would want Bush's head on a platter. You would all be whining and crying and p***ing all over yourselves: 'That retard KNEW he had WMD and did nothing about it...everyone knew it..Clinton warned him, everyone knew what a threat Sadaam was and that SOB knew it too and did nothing. Why didn't that b****** do something about Sadaam...he knew he was a signigicant threat (every intelligence agency said so) and he did nothing...what complete incompetence.'

The fact of the matter is that you all have such hyped-by-the-media hatred for the guy that you cannot and will not allow yourselves to objectively look at the picture as a whole. The incompetency is your own!

You TELL me.. and while your at it tell the PRESS...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygb5uyPZBkg

Oil, greed, power whatever and who knows....

the guy (and company) is a LIAR through and through and never have I seen such a president make us look so much worse to the world.

The poll doesn't just necessarily apply to US soldiers, It applies to all the lives lost, if I had a source for those numbers I would of used them but I don't.

Iraqi Security Forces dead (post-Saddam era): 12,000+

Coalition dead (inc. 3,000 US, 127 UK, 123 other, 647 contractors): 3,886

Coalition Wounded (inc. 22,401 U.S., 891+ UK, 3,963+ contractors): 27,255

Source

You TELL me.. and while your at it tell the PRESS...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygb5uyPZBkg

Oil, greed, power whatever and who knows....

the guy (and company) is a LIAR through and through and never have I seen such a president make us look so much worse to the world.

Just curious Cinders, how old are you?

Just curious Cinders, how old are you?

A gentleman never asks, and a woman never tells..

Old enough to know better, still young enough to have fun.

I am old enough to have a 20 year old daughter who's married to someone that just came back from h@ll hole Ramadi, and I am still young enough to care / run after my 3 yr old twin boys.

Even though I was very young I still remember what reaction my family had when both Kennedy's were assasinated. I was just a toddler with the first.. but I remember it to this day. I remember the Columbus day storm we had here in Oregon in 1962,, I could barely stand tall enough to look out the window to see the two huge trees that lost big branches onto our old Chrystler chromed station wagon car.. (pink and white was the color of that ol' car LOL )

Yea, I'm old...

Anyway, have you seen that movie called "WHY WE FIGHT" (you can easily rent it from Netflix)

I am NOT the only tax paying law abiding US citizen who is outraged about all the lies HE made to convince the American public and the world for going into Iraq.

See the trailer "Why We Fight" here:

http://www.sonyclassics.com/whywefight/

See a snippet of it here as well called "Blowback" and Saddam Hussein

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xw3gu_blo...-saddam-hussein

It's also OTHER things about Bush & company.. the lies, the coverups of other things not even related to Iraq.

Edited by Cinders

Anyone who thinks this was was in any way worthwhile is living in a neocon fantasy world

...or perhaps we just are able to see the greater picture.

A gentleman never asks, and a woman never tells..
Perhaps I should have rephrased the question: Are you an older died-in-the-wool-drank the Clinton Koo-aid, but didn't inhale Democrat or a younger suck-it-allup-from-the-liberalmedia Democrat. I see you are not the latter.