Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3,000 Soldiers For Saddam, Was it worth it?

Reincarnated

3,000 Soldiers For Saddam, Was it worth it?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. 3,000 Soldiers For Saddam, Was it worth it?

• Yes
    • No

I do think he has made his stance clear and you have not read everything he has said.
Unless he managed to sneak it in one of his post he has not posted anything about it. I have read almost all of the post in this thread. Which post do you think he stated his stance on the issue?

You asked are any wars worth casualities to the "average person" I would say so yes! How many mothers lose there son's? how many son's follow their father's footsteps and join the corp? How many men and women are promised education and a chance to see the world? I think many average people have had to go through the hard times of war. Let alone the young men and women aged 18-24 that die for something they believe in but don't understand. These are all average people, what makes you think a soldier is different? We could all be soldiers even a 10 year old as you see in the middle east with an ak 47 he's considered a soldier, whybecause he is told he is........ When you look at the average joe/jane on the street yes maybe they are nieve to whats going on, but thats in your country. The media plays a big role in what the American people think about the war. How many average American's go on line and search for other sources that may condradict what they have been told by there own media? Not many !!!!!!!!!! and the one's that do become the one's that actualy care and know this war is crap.
It looks like you are trying to say war justifies itself. So mothers like wars because it kills their sons? Sons follow their fathers footseps so they can die in a war? Soldiers want to see the world so they can be in wars? In my world most people are against wars. Edited by Ashigaru

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• truethat

• Avinash_Tyagi

• el midgetron

A short term thing hmmm these people don't forgive and forget very quick. Please do tell what kind of progress the hanging of Sadam might have? He has family far intrenched, family being protected in Jordan. His name will not die anytime soon. Trust me or not, the tape of his death will fuel the fire.

- So the mere thought of more threat makes you accept the present threat in the hope that evil would spare you then.

I think the death of a dictator who murders his own people is a good thing though.

Not when it costs as much as it did to us

Unless he managed to sneak it in one of his post he has not posted anything about it. I have read almost all of the post in this thread. Which post do you think he stated his stance on the issue?

It looks like you are trying to say war justifies itself. So mothers like wars because it kills their sons? Sons follow their fathers footseps so they can die in a war? Soldiers want to see the world so they can be in wars? In my world most people are against wars.

If you are trying to say I think mothers like to see there children go to war and die, You are very wrong my friend!!! You are putting a spin on that of the likes I'v never heard of. That is a god awful way of twisting what i said and trying to make me look like the bad guy. Mr O'Rielly if you could please pull you head out of your **** for more then a minute I would apprieciate it. Why the F would I try to justify a war a just condemed? It looks like with out an argument of your own and a lack of what war may or may not be, you seem to have a somewhat morbid outlook on people, unless they are your "people".

Damn right I will justify a war, when the out come is just! If mothers and father have to lose there son or daughter to defeat an enemy that is a threat, not a made up threat then yes I would. This war is B/S and if you can't see that then you are not looking for the truth you are looking for someone to tell you the truth!!!! Big difference between me and you, is that you only care about what you are told and not what you can learn by questioning the "truth".

You do like to twist things and I will forgive you because thats your only recourse. You have the inability to think with out being told what to think. For you to even imply that I think mothers want their children to go to war and die just shows your lack of any credibility and your lack of understanding. To think that I'm pro war, you are in need of serious re-education. Not once did I ever make a pro war statement. "edit" Yes I did make a pro war statement,but not this war ie: Iraq.

Another thing, I don't think soldiers join the army to go to war, they join to become educated and trained in a field that can become there lively hood!!!!!!!!! your lack of any recruitment knowledge what so ever is amazingly little. Only wanabe cowboys join up for combat, are you a wanabe???? Sounds like it. War is a last resort, or so I thought. It's people like you that promote the bull that keeps war's like this from ever stopping. Don't you dare twist my words and think I am in any favor of this war. I am not. What you are in favor of, well I must protest.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Trust you? LOL why? Who are you? Just another person with an opinion. Trust you! LOVE IT! LMAO

I'm the guy that does not look at the world from behind broken glasses, and then makes up what he thinks he see's. I never asked you to trust me! or believe me, damn if you did I have many earands for you to run, now go grab your shine box!

Sorry saw that last bit in another post and liked it. ALOT

Despite my absence you have not changed your ways at all. Still ever looking for someone to argue with about how they phrased a sentence or just going directly to mocking them.

Me??? lol you must be talking about yourself Mr. "why is this post even here"?

First words out of your mouth "El midgetron could be replaced with a parrot and nobody would know the difference." and you accuse me of "looking for someone to argue with about how they phrased a sentence or just going directly to mocking them". lol

Surely you can come up with a better word than "hick". Perhaps you should borrow someones thesaurus , or better yet buy one.

I think "barn-yard diva" was pretty good but I think "drama-queen" would be more accurate.

The first part of the FYI was directed at both of you, the second was directed at you. Perhaps I should have made that more clear.

Perhaps, oh master of all things academic.

I would expect as much from a half-wit such as you.

I am still a one half of a wit better off than you.

Before you make your rather crude comments about contribution to a thread perhaps you should consider making some form of contribution yourself.

some might say I had. Well at least I WAS before you showed up with your panties in a bunch.

Actualy Ashigaru,el midgetron has made his point and his stance very clear, however you have not!

TYVM. As you have probably already figured out there isnt much reasoning with Ash.

Trust you? LOL why? Who are you? Just another person with an opinion. Trust you! LOVE IT! LMAO

Anything else left to say?

What is a fair price then to bring down a Tyrant?

Why should we know? We are in the "war on terrorism" buisness, remember? I don't have a problem with Saddam being gone. I have a problem with the fact going into Iraq had nothing to do with "fighting terrorism". How many Tyrants are in the middle east or in the world? Are we going to go after all of them? Maybe after they get rid of all the Tyrants in the world, the government will get around to sealing off our boarder with Mexico?

Damn right I will justify a war, when the out come is just! If mothers and father have to lose there son or daughter to defeat an enemy that is a threat, not a made up threat then yes I would. This war is B/S and if you can't see that then you are not looking for the truth you are looking for someone to tell you the truth!!!! Big difference between me and you, is that you only care about what you are told and not what you can learn by questioning the "truth".

Ahmen. These guys don't care that the war was sold to them with lies. They don't care they we are going to be there for years to come. They don't care that the US never blinked an eye at Saddams crimes untill after Iraq attacked Kuwait. They don't care that the false justification used to go into Iraq could be an warning of the legitimacy behind future US lead attacks (Iran). They don't care where this going. Just dangle a "piece of meat" on a rope for them and watch as they delight at their "victory".

Truethat brought up the Iraqies cheering in the streets after Saddams death. Thats was a ten second piece of news footage and its over. Today CNN had the Iraqies in the street vowing to avenge Saddams death and I think we are going to see that over and over for a long time to come. Things are only getting worse in Iraq and while the topic was "3,000 Soldiers For Saddam, Was it worth it?" that is not the final price we are going to pay. Maybe those who think it was worth 3,000, could tell us how many of more we can lose and still have it be worth it? Seriouly, how meny is it worth to you 4,000? 8,000? 25,000?

Edited by el midgetron

Not EVEN CLOSE to being worth squat.

I really hate to use a post for this but, what was your point, your massage, your stance. Damn man that was a waste of a post. As is this but if you have point, a view, an opinion, state it. Don't make a one sentance post and leave it at that. What a waste. As I said so was this post but come on..........

Depends on what benefit there is to us vs. the cost.

As you have probably already figured out there isnt much reasoning with Ash.

Hey, HEY! There can only be ONE "Ash" here. :sk

In my opinion, the American soldiers were sacrificed. Saddam was never a threat, but now the insurgents are.

Hey, HEY! There can only be ONE "Ash" here. :sk

In my opinion, the American soldiers were sacrificed. Saddam was never a threat, but now the insurgents are.

exactly, the entire affair was totally not worth it

Definatly not worth 3000+ lives.....

I'm not sure if anyone is aware of this but i am sure the numbers are higher....

The only ones listed in that 3000 are those who died on the battlefield not those who die in hospital or med evac.

======

I for one vote to ressurect Saddam Hussein and give him his shambles of a country back, i mean he did a better job at keeping things under control and he was your boy in Iraq.

The BBC yesterday announced they were leaked news that george bush is now gonna send in thousands more troops.

lovely,,,, more deaths.

when will people ever learn

The BBC yesterday announced they were leaked news that george bush is now gonna send in thousands more troops.

lovely,,,, more deaths.

when will people ever learn

Well if that's true, Bush is pretty much going to kill GOP chances in 08

Me??? lol you must be talking about yourself Mr. "why is this post even here"?
And where did I ever say that? I said thread. Now do you need me to explain these ever so complicated terms to you?

First words out of your mouth "El midgetron could be replaced with a parrot and nobody would know the difference." and you accuse me of "looking for someone to argue with about how they phrased a sentence or just going directly to mocking them". lol
I was just continuing truethats mocking you. So really I have contributed to the thread just as much as you.

By the following quote you can see you really have done nothing to express an opinion on the issue this thread is about. Thus have contributed nothing to the thread.

Thats if you don't count the daily attacks on American troops in Iraq and Afganistan. I take it you are just talking about attacks on American soil though right? When was the last time that happened before the war on terror? 8 years prior to 911 in 1993? Not sure what your point is.
I suppose this is somehow related to the death of the people being worth it? I would really like for you to explain how it is.

I think "barn-yard diva" was pretty good but I think "drama-queen" would be more accurate.
You also posted only looking for an argument oh master of hypocrisy. I'm just more upfront about it as I am actually able to hold my own. You on the other hand just hope they don't pay much heed to your clumsy words.

I am still a one half of a wit better off than you.
It appears I overestimated you. You have been found completely lacking in wit I am afraid.

some might say I had. Well at least I WAS before you showed up with your panties in a bunch.
I would like for you to point out a post where you have actually addressed the question raised by this thread.

As you have probably already figured out there isn't much reasoning with Ash.
At least when I insult someone its with at least some degree of wit, yours just seem to be a crude jumbling of elementary words.

Why should we know? We are in the "war on terrorism" buisness, remember? I don't have a problem with Saddam being gone. I have a problem with the fact going into Iraq had nothing to do with "fighting terrorism". How many Tyrants are in the middle east or in the world? Are we going to go after all of them?
What are we to do? Assault them with harsh words? If you had not noticed the military has been stretched nearly to its limit.

Truethat brought up the Iraqies cheering in the streets after Saddams death. Thats was a ten second piece of news footage and its over. Today CNN had the Iraqies in the street vowing to avenge Saddams death and I think we are going to see that over and over for a long time to come.
Good news doesn't get ratings. People want killing and hatred in their news.

Things are only getting worse in Iraq and while the topic was "3,000 Soldiers For Saddam, Was it worth it?" that is not the final price we are going to pay. Maybe those who think it was worth 3,000, could tell us how many of more we can lose and still have it be worth it? Seriouly, how many is it worth to you 4,000? 8,000? 25,000?
I'll go with as many as it takes to get the job done.

I am slighty amused with the fact that you call me a hick because I live in Kansas. I assume you are unaware that Kansas is one of the top 15 "smartest" states.

Ranking in the last five years: 15 13 15 15 14

Edited by Ashigaru

Was it worth it? No

Was it necessary? Maybe.

Will it happen again? Definitely.

And where did I ever say that? I said thread.

lol, oh ok but thats my point exactly. Thanks for admitting it.

I was just continuing truethats mocking you.

Its a shame. You are only a fraction of the mocker truethat is. He manages to make a point every once in a while. You repeatedly admit you don't even understand threads and peoples points.

So really I have contributed to the thread just as much as you.

Yeah, sure thing. You admittidly don't understand the discusion in this thread, you admittidly only came here to mock me, you are gods gift to flame wars and we all owe you a big thanks for your contrabution.

By the following quote you can see you really have done nothing to express an opinion on the issue this thread is about. Thus have contributed nothing to the thread.

True, that quote contributes nothing to the thread. Like I said, I WAS contributing before the farmers daughter showed up.

I suppose this is somehow related to the death of the people being worth it? I would really like for you to explain how it is.

Ask your mom. Last time you did this you admitted that you were just doing it to be a drama queen. You pretend that you don't understand because you cant argue any real issues.

I'm just more upfront about it as I am actually able to hold my own.

Good you wont be able to find anyone to "hold it" for you.

It appears I overestimated you. You have been found completely lacking in wit I am afraid.

To late. I already used this on you. You called me a "half wit" and I said I had half a wit more than you. You trying to recycle my "wit" only proves you really have none.

I would like for you to point out a post where you have actually addressed the question raised by this thread.

Humm, how about the post before this one? You responded to it but you don't know where it is??? Let me guess, you are just play acting? Such a tricky little hillbilly. Naughty you.

At least when I insult someone its with at least some degree of wit, yours just seem to be a crude jumbling of elementary words.

Actualy, you already showed that you need to borrow insults from a half-wit. (2 quotes up)

What are we to do? Assault them with harsh words? If you had not noticed the military has been stretched nearly to its limit.

Exactly, so why is it worth 3,000 troops to take out a dictator that had nothing to do with the terrorism threat?

Surely you can come up with a better word than "hick". Perhaps you should borrow someones thesaurus , or better yet buy one.

I guess thats what happens when you completely lack wit. You say something and later think "oh, I should have said that". Opps.

As for the high honnor of Kansas being the 15th "smartest state", I guess that would make you the "village idiot" of an entire state. congratulations.

Edited by el midgetron

You know I notice that when the poll first went up it was like 8 to 2 against. But as el midgetron has kept ranting the percentage has decreased. LOL

Why should we know? We are in the "war on terrorism" buisness, remember? I don't have a problem with Saddam being gone. I have a problem with the fact going into Iraq had nothing to do with "fighting terrorism". How many Tyrants are in the middle east or in the world? Are we going to go after all of them? Maybe after they get rid of all the Tyrants in the world, the government will get around to sealing off our boarder with Mexico?

- It's how you fight terrorism that is the difference here, some want to fight the enemies only as they come and some wants to go for the very root of it.

You mean we should go for all of them or nothing? We already took care of one of the most dangerous to the world, and who knows who is next. But we can only go one at a time. The thing is it sent a message to the Tyrants of the world, that alone is worth it to go to Irag.

You know I notice that when the poll first went up it was like 8 to 2 against. But as el midgetron has kept ranting the percentage has decreased. LOL

Yeah, maybe I shouldnt say anything else just like you.

Since you are still here, how many more troops are you willing to sacrifice for Saddam?

How about just because one is a Tyrant? You do know what a Tyrant is, right?