Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3,000 Soldiers For Saddam, Was it worth it?

Reincarnated

3,000 Soldiers For Saddam, Was it worth it?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. 3,000 Soldiers For Saddam, Was it worth it?

• Yes
    • No

My stance is simple on this subject....I believe we did the right thing, and before you jump me....My ex-husband was there the first time i was preg with our first child at the time...did i worry, Yes..did i want him there No..But i feel now like i did then, If don't take a stand once in while for whats right, Then whats going to make the next Saddam, or Hitler back down, These's type pf people need to understand that there are larger more powerful contries that will protect the innocent...If not them we have mayham.... Also just like my EX all service men and women know when they join that they may have to fight, It's part of the job, as sad as that maybe!!!

Don't get any of this wrong, the service men and women that are there now and to the future service men and women that will be going, I think we all support and wish them the very best and a safe trip home. The facts remains that this war should not be happining. No soldier should be in Iraq, they, that includes Canada should be mopping up Afganistan right about now meaning a stable goverment that could control the Taliban. There was no reason for this war in Iraq and thats why it is so unpopular.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• truethat

• Avinash_Tyagi

• el midgetron

I think your right and wrong, I think we have done what we should have done the first time around and that's remove saddam, with that said, It's time to bring our young men and women home....The reason we went into Irag was not a honorable one..But the fact remain's the same this man and his son's needed to be removed from power, But we can't police the whole world, Once you remove the problem the people need to stand up and vote in a new leader, I know it's much more complex then that...But the fact is we removed him now they have to make it work, We can't babysit a whole country!!

As for the Taliban, I put them in the same group as Saddam and his son's, How do we decide which is or was more evil?..

I think your right and wrong, I think we have done what we should have done the first time around and that's remove saddam, with that said, It's time to bring our young men and women home....The reason we went into Irag was not a honorable one..But the fact remain's the same this man and his son's needed to be removed from power, But we can't police the whole world, Once you remove the problem the people need to stand up and vote in a new leader, I know it's much more complex then that...But the fact is we removed him now they have to make it work, We can't babysit a whole country!!

As for the Taliban, I put them in the same group as Saddam and his son's, How do we decide which is or was more evil?..

Its a never ending type of war...we take out Saddam and then we go to another country and take out another bad leader, and another, then another, etc.

We will eventually exhaust our army and our economy...and then some other country will come in and remove our bad leaders.

wowo 63% said no? you weak stomached fools. you cry bloody murder after 9-11 and now when everything has returned to normal you scream bloody murder. i am ashamed of all you americans that voted that way. saddam was a threat to world stability, he paid suicide bombers families $20000 to bomb israel. not to mention possessing wmds. he used them on the kurds. plus syria is supposed to be hiding them from the UN. then the weapons inspectors were really considered a joke.

dont you all remember this? or do you have selective political propaganda memories like the democrats? they only tell people what they want to hear to get them the power they crave. all you gotta do is pay attention.

ashamed. just plain ashamed.

and cindy sheehan. wow. how lame. she is so dark side of the force. letting all that anger build up inside like a volcano. yeah her son died. so what? boo-hoo. she knew there was a chance of that when he joined the military at legal age. she should be MAD AT THER SON FOR JOINING! BIZNATCH! BUT SINCE SHE CANT BE MAD AT SOMEONE SHE LOVED AND CANT HOLD ACCOUNTABLE SHE HAS TO DO THE NEXT WORST THING, TRY TO HOLD THE PRESIDENT ACCOUNTABLE. NEVERMIND HOLDING THE SENATE OR HOUSE ACCOUNTABLE. SOMEONE SHOULD ASSASSINATE HER.

YOU GUYS ARE ALL JOKES. AND MOST LIKELY CITY PEOPLE WHO KNOW NOTHING OF WHAT THE REAL WORLD IS. JUST EASY OLD CITY LIVING. "HEY WE NEED FOOD" "OK BUY IT AT THE STORE" "DUHHHHHHH....." TRY GROWING IT, AND THEY WOULD FAIL AND DIE. CITY PEOPLE ARE LIKE CHILDREN, WHO CANT DO A DAMN THING IF THE LIGHTS GO OUT AND CIVILIZATION FAILS.

NO WONDER THE NATION IS DIVIDED INTO RED AND BLUE. THE RED STATES ARE FARMING AND RURAL STATES, THE BLUE STATES ARE HEAVILY POPULATED CITY STATES.

RED PEOPLE KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON AND HAVE PATRIOTIC PRIDE AND STAYING POWER. THE BLUE KOOKS ARE WISHY WASHY MONEY AND EMOTION WORSHIPERS.

COWARDS!

wowo 63% said no? you weak stomached fools. you cry bloody murder after 9-11 and now when everything has returned to normal you scream bloody murder. i am ashamed of all you americans that voted that way. saddam was a threat to world stability, he paid suicide bombers families $20000 to bomb israel. not to mention possessing wmds. he used them on the kurds. plus syria is supposed to be hiding them from the UN. then the weapons inspectors were really considered a joke.

dont you all remember this? or do you have selective political propaganda memories like the democrats? they only tell people what they want to hear to get them the power they crave. all you gotta do is pay attention.

ashamed. just plain ashamed.

and cindy sheehan. wow. how lame. she is so dark side of the force. letting all that anger build up inside like a volcano. yeah her son died. so what? boo-hoo. she knew there was a chance of that when he joined the military at legal age. she should be MAD AT THER SON FOR JOINING! BIZNATCH! BUT SINCE SHE CANT BE MAD AT SOMEONE SHE LOVED AND CANT HOLD ACCOUNTABLE SHE HAS TO DO THE NEXT WORST THING, TRY TO HOLD THE PRESIDENT ACCOUNTABLE. NEVERMIND HOLDING THE SENATE OR HOUSE ACCOUNTABLE. SOMEONE SHOULD ASSASSINATE HER.

YOU GUYS ARE ALL JOKES. AND MOST LIKELY CITY PEOPLE WHO KNOW NOTHING OF WHAT THE REAL WORLD IS. JUST EASY OLD CITY LIVING. "HEY WE NEED FOOD" "OK BUY IT AT THE STORE" "DUHHHHHHH....." TRY GROWING IT, AND THEY WOULD FAIL AND DIE. CITY PEOPLE ARE LIKE CHILDREN, WHO CANT DO A DAMN THING IF THE LIGHTS GO OUT AND CIVILIZATION FAILS.

NO WONDER THE NATION IS DIVIDED INTO RED AND BLUE. THE RED STATES ARE FARMING AND RURAL STATES, THE BLUE STATES ARE HEAVILY POPULATED CITY STATES.

RED PEOPLE KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON AND HAVE PATRIOTIC PRIDE AND STAYING POWER. THE BLUE KOOKS ARE WISHY WASHY MONEY AND EMOTION WORSHIPERS.

COWARDS!

Go join the army !!

Quote"As for the Taliban, I put them in the same group as Saddam and his son's, How do we decide which is or was more evil?.. ' Unquote

Saddam was not a very nice guy we all know that ! but he and his son's and the people of Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. I would have to say that the Taliban were "more evil" because they are the ones that perpetrated the act. The Taliban and Osama are still out there and growing stonger because the war against terror is false. If it truely was to rid the world of the people responsible for 9/11 then how can anyone sit there and say the war in Iraq is good while on the other hand sit on there hands and ignore Afganistan. Iraq was weak,broke and starving not much of a threat really. Sanctions killed many yes but kept iraq in check. There was no THREAT from iraq period.

pbarosso, that was over the top. Enough with the name calling in your outburst, discuss the matter like a rational adult or not at all.

Go join the army !!

Don't bother with him.. obviously he's NOT paying attention.

In recent polls from the Washington Post and ABC News in regards to how Americans feel about this so-called "surge" and Bush's new IRAQ PLAN

61% of Americans are OPPOSED

39% of Americans approve

Polls may not mean anything to pbarosso or Bush, but the Nov. 2006 midterm elections should tell them something!

I highly doubt 61% of us are "cowards" pbarosso!

Does pest control include everything that lives in that house? What do you mean by decent people?

You do know what a Pest control is, right?

Decent people? Those who won't live in a worn down, rat infested home.

Its a never ending type of war...we take out Saddam and then we go to another country and take out another bad leader, and another, then another, etc.

We will eventually exhaust our army and our economy...and then some other country will come in and remove our bad leaders.

Well, there will always be Evil in the world if that is what you mean. And we can't ignore them forever, there comes a time when you have to confront them and keep them at bay to prevent it from spreading or growing. Can't fight them all, but not fighthing any of them is the worst thing we can do.

This all or nothing argument puzzles me???

Don't bother with him.. obviously he's NOT paying attention.

In recent polls from the Washington Post and ABC News in regards to how Americans feel about this so-called "surge" and Bush's new IRAQ PLAN

61% of Americans are OPPOSED

39% of Americans approve

Polls may not mean anything to pbarosso or Bush, but the Nov. 2006 midterm elections should tell them something!

I highly doubt 61% of us are "cowards" pbarosso!

I always wonder the about the accuracy of these polls...and who is voting on them and how many.

No Saddam was not worth one innocent civilians or brave soldier’s life! But he was a savage and a ruthless leader that if left un-checked would kill and probably prove to have been more awkward to stop.

If Saddam had nukes do you reckon he would have used them before the allies did? I understand it’s a hypothetical scenario but its how I feel the initial question over simplifies the nature of the 3000 Brave Soldiers Dying.

And according to Fox News, Sadam did throw them out of Iraq. And the Democrats were talking about WMD then and was threatening Saddam with Military action.

Iraq's WMD

Fox News also seems to think that the inspectors were withdrawn in 1998. Link

Dec. 16, 1998 — U.N. weapons inspectors withdrawn from Iraq. Hours later, four days of U.S.-British air and missile strikes begin as punishment for lack of cooperation.
Wrong! Saddam was not serving western interest. He decided to attack Iran , and the Western Nation sided with him for the fear of Iran winning and expanding. It is politcal of course, not because we like Saddam so much, but simply lesser of two evil.

And where was it heading when we had sanction, embargo, no fly zone? Saddam and his two sons continue on butchering the Iraqi people and was slowly rebuilding his regime by corrupting and buying those who was suppose to be overlooking the containment.

It seems members of the UN Security Council will sell anything to anyone, but only blame the recipients for using them when it suits. I'd love to see the pages removed from Iraq's declaration of armaments submitted to the UN, delivered via Washington. The whole Security Council shares the blame for dodgy oil sales during the oil for food program. More than 2000 companies are thought to have paid kickbacks. More than Saddam buying anyone, the guilty nations were buying Saddam. Two class A hypocrites, the US and the UK, aided by Australia and Spain, decided it was time to use his crimes as justification for their own.

Edited by explorer

Fox News also seems to think that the inspectors were withdrawn in 1998.
So, depends who is reporting it. The bottom line is the inspectors were not able to continue or finish what they were suppose to do because of Saddam.

It seems members of the UN Security Council will sell anything to anyone, but only blame the recipients for using them when it suits. I'd love to see the pages removed from Iraq's declaration of armaments submitted to the UN, delivered via Washington. The whole Security Council shares the blame for dodgy oil sales during the oil for food program. More than 2000 companies are thought to have paid kickbacks. More than Saddam buying anyone, the guilty nations were buying Saddam. Two class A hypocrites, the US and the UK, aided by Australia and Spain, decided it was time to use his crimes as justification for their own.

Ah, accuse the accuser. That is typical defense when you are caught with your cookie in the jar. Nice try.

ETC

Wow...grow up, will you. I'm amazed that you made it this far.

wow JUNIOR,

u make me and other decent americans sick to our stomachs. as long as there is food in your stomach and a nice car in your driveway you are probably happy, as most are. because we are so isolated interms of geography, no body cares untill it is time to react.

i am a student of history. i am pursuing a history masters degree with an emphasis on ancient history. which would make this my third masters degree. one in school administration, the other in child development.

read all about the wars rome fought with greece and why. only armed with an understanding of history can one make a real judgment. so go one get one and when you do- sit down junior.

wow JUNIOR,

u make me and other decent americans sick to our stomachs.

Pbarasso, tone it down. This is your final warning.