Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Reincarnated

3,000 Soldiers For Saddam, Was it worth it?

68 members have voted

1. 1. 3,000 Soldiers For Saddam, Was it worth it?

• Yes
    • No

417 posts in this topic

truethat

That is a great point. I agree except the government is a figure head of the social contract between MEN. Its not between the government and the people but between the people and the people. Its a shame we have forgotten this.

Mr Slayer
No offense to anyone here but I have to say that I find it funny how everybody doesn't like how their country is being runned or what it is doing but nobody actually does anything about it. Everybody hates Bush but he got elected for a second term. Everybody seems to think this and think that but nobody actually does anything. Actions speak louder then words.

True, true. But I believe Idealism was killed during the Vietnam war protests. You don't see people marching aginst these kind of issues today. At least not even close to the same extent that is was then.

The idea that the government is runned by the people is an illusion, in truth people are ruled by their governments.

Hmm..I always thought we elected a government so that they can run us for us...?

That is a great point. I agree except the government is a figure head of the social contract between MEN. Its not between the government and the people but between the people and the people. Its a shame we have forgotten this.

I personally believe that people stop being people when they reach those high political levels. Then it becomes people and the institution.

truethat

The institution is right but that's not where the social contract lies. People don't understand this. The GOVERNMENT or INSTITUTION is a figurehead that represents the contract between YOU and ME. There is no power over the people. Only the power of information.

Avinash_Tyagi
I love the word neocon. Makes it so much easier to know whom to take seriously.

Neoconservatism is an actual political movement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neocons

Borat
True, true. But I believe Idealism was killed during the Vietnam war protests. You don't see people marching aginst these kind of issues today. At least not even close to the same extent that is was then.

That was day of the america have the hendrix and the hippy and poppy and the free lovin' ness and free of expression and freedom of media, now is day of government of lies and cover up of truths to depress all .

Avinash_Tyagi
The institution is right but that's not where the social contract lies. People don't understand this. The GOVERNMENT or INSTITUTION is a figurehead that represents the contract between YOU and ME. There is no power over the people. Only the power of information.

When you control information you can control people

explorer

Worth it? There has been no victory, the reasons for war were threat exaggerations or self serving appeals to the moral stratosphere, the fledgling Iraqi democracy is under serious threat because the majority who afforded it are divided, and the minority refuse to accept it. I wish we could say everyone in Iraq is dancing among the date palms, but they aren't. Iraq sits in fear so that New York can feel safe?

Maybe 'worth it' comes down to whose nation's lives the most powerful are most willing to sacrifice.

Col. Kurtz
That was day of the america have the hendrix and the hippy and poppy and the free lovin' ness and free of expression and freedom of media, now is day of government of lies and cover up of truths to depress all .

The government was the same back then also.

Cinders
...or perhaps we just are able to see the greater picture.

Perhaps I should have rephrased the question: Are you an older died-in-the-wool-drank the Clinton Koo-aid, but didn't inhale Democrat or a younger suck-it-allup-from-the-liberalmedia Democrat. I see you are not the latter.

You obviously watch too much O'Reilly...

And for your information, I am registered as an Independent - How can one commit to being a Democrat or Republican any more?

Edited by Cinders

joc
You obviously watch too much O'Reilly...

And for your information, I am registered as an Independent - How can one commit to being a Democrat or Republican any more?

O'Reilly has some good points...but he is too full of himself. I don't watch any of those 'shows' much. I watch episode after episode after episode of Law and Order...don't know why, I just do.

But............Independent? Pashaw! When you adhere to the Liberal Ideological Playbook of the Democrats? You can call a shark a guppy, but it will still bite your leg off!

truethat
When you control information you can control people

Ah there's the rube. Only when you allow yourself to be controlled. That's why the whining liberals are the biggest losers out there all they do is complain about how they have been stripped of power but do sweet nothing to get that power back.

supercar
Bush probably won't be happy until we either invade Iran or an additional 10,000 more US soldiers are killed

You think George Bush is solely responsible for the Iraq war? Wrong. In the United States,Congress is responsible for funding the military. Congress had a vote and approved the military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Congress can end the war at any time by refusing to allow funding. There are 21 other countries besiades the United States with 16,000 combat troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The war was never about getting Saddam The war is about making the United States safe from terrorist attacks by installing democratic governments in the Middle East.

the guy (and company) is a LIAR through and through and never have I seen such a president make us look so much worse to the world.

You mean the WMD issue? Bush sincerely believed that Iraq had WMD. If you say something you sincerely believe to be true,it's not lying.

There are always alternates to war and those alternatives would have bin of equal worth.

Sanctions? We tried 15 years of sanctions and it didn't work.

Thats if you don't count the daily attacks on American troops in Iraq and Afganistan. I take it you are just talking about attacks on American soil though right? When was the last time that happened before the war on terror? 8 years prior to 911 in 1993? Not sure what your point is

The radical Muslims have been waging a Terror War against the United States since 1979:

In November of 1979, radical Iranians seized the U.S. Embassy in

Tehran, holding 53 American hostages for 444 days.

Less than four years later, 63 people died when the U.S. Embassy in

Beirut is bombed.

Scant months later, 242 Americans and 58 French are killed by

simultaneous suicide bombers in the American and French compounds in

Beirut.

March 1984, Islamic terrorists kidnapped and murdered Political

Officer William Buckley.

One year later, terrorists seized the Italian cruise liner the

Achille Lauro and killed Leon Klinghoffer, a 69-year-old American who

was confined to a wheelchair.

In June of 1985, Lebanese Hizballah terrorists hijacked a TWA flight

forcing the plane to fly to Beirut. Eight crew members and 145

passengers are held hostage for 17 days, during which time a U.S.

sailor is murdered.

April 1986, two U.S. soldiers are killed and 79 are injured when

Libyan nationals detonated bombs in a West Berlin discotheque.

Two years later, Libyans again take American lives when Pan Am Flight

103 exploded over Lockerbie, Scotland. All of the 259 people on board

are killed.

On February 26, 1993, for the first time, Islamic terrorists strike

on American soil when a car bomb explodes in the garage of the World

Trade Center, killing six and injuring 1,000.

On April 14, 1993, Iraqi intelligence operatives attempted to

assassinate former President Bush.

In 1995, a car bomb exploded at a U.S. military complex in Riyadh,

Saudi Arabia, one U.S. citizen is killed.

Seven months later a truck bomb detonated outside the Khobar Towers

in Dhahram, Saudi Arabia. Nineteen Airmen are killed and 515 people are

wounded.

In August of 1998, the U.S. Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania fall

victim to coordinated attacks. Over 300 are killed.

Two years latter, a small watercraft laden with explosives rammed

into the U.S.S. Cole, killing 17 U.S. sailors.

Finally, September 11, 2001, two hijacked airliners hit the World

Trade Center towers, another plane crashed into the Pentagon and a

fourth plane, headed for either the White House or U.S. Capitol

Building in Washington, D.C., crashed in a Pennsylvania cornfield. All

told, 3,025 perish.

Iraq is part of the Middle East. The Middle East,as a region,has been waging a Terror War agianst the United States for the past 25 years. Which gives the United States the right to wage war on the Middle East.

Avinash_Tyagi
Ah there's the rube. Only when you allow yourself to be controlled. That's why the whining liberals are the biggest losers out there all they do is complain about how they have been stripped of power but do sweet nothing to get that power back.

Actually you've been controlled for a while, they've told you there is a global threat of terrorism that must be fought and that iraq was a part of it, and you guys fell for it. So apparantly you did let them control you. :yes:

Edited by Avinash_Tyagi

supercar
See the trailer "Why We Fight" here:

http://www.sonyclassics.com/whywefight/

See a snippet of it here as well called "Blowback" and Saddam Hussein

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xw3gu_blo...-saddam-hussein

See the trailer "Obsession:Radical Islam's War Againt the West' here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6...96223&hl=en

truethat

Nice try but no. See the only thing the liberals have been focused on for the last 4 years is the war in Iraq. There's a lot more going on than that world wide. Its not just about the war. Liberals like to scream about how America focused people can be but for the last 4 years they have become exactly what they criticized. Only thinking about America America America. Meanwhile....some people like to educate themselves about more than just what America is doing. But that makes me a neo con right. Oh and I watch Fox and the O'Reilly Factor right? What a joke you have become.

m. Moe

Wow, I didn't know it was 3,000. To be honest I didn't think it was that many. :blink: But then again they didn't just catch Saddam, they also established democracy and are rebuilding it.

Edited by MR_MOE

Thanato

I repeat my Question,

Was 62 Million worth Hitler?

~Thanato

Aztec Warrior

The US lost 418,000 in WWII. Was that worth it? Poland lost 16% of their total population....was that worth it? Mexico didn't lose one person, so that was worth it to us? :rofl:

Unfortunately in war there are casualities. And sometimes you either fight or become invaded.

Reincarnated
But then again they didn't just catch Saddam, they also established democracy and are rebuilding it.
Democracy has not been established yet, the country is not on it's feet, they are still at war. Taking out Saddam is the only thing to show for this war so far. Things are so bad in Iraq, it may end up worse then before we tried "spreading democracy" to them. In WWI and WWII we knew who the enemies were right away and what objectives we needed to accomplish, we weren't on a wild goose chase ran by a rogue administration.

m. Moe
I repeat my Question,

Was 62 Million worth Hitler?

~Thanato

Many of those numbers were also civilians who died while Germany was invading, many of them were Jews in concentration camps, and many of them were from the Japanese.

Avinash_Tyagi
Nice try but no. See the only thing the liberals have been focused on for the last 4 years is the war in Iraq. There's a lot more going on than that world wide. Its not just about the war. Liberals like to scream about how America focused people can be but for the last 4 years they have become exactly what they criticized. Only thinking about America America America. Meanwhile....some people like to educate themselves about more than just what America is doing. But that makes me a neo con right. Oh and I watch Fox and the O'Reilly Factor right? What a joke you have become.

:rofl: The only joke is your comment, where did I say anything about O'reilly? Also when did I call you a neocon? You're getting paranoid truethat ;) come back to reality for a moment. But yes you have been fooled about Iraq and this whole war on terror, and you guys let it happen to yourselves.

The US lost 418,000 in WWII. Was that worth it? Poland lost 16% of their total population....was that worth it? Mexico didn't lose one person, so that was worth it to us? :rofl:

Unfortunately in war there are casualities. And sometimes you either fight or become invaded.

Wow, that's the silliest analogy i've heard in a while, Saddam, was not Hitler, and we were not going to be invaded :rofl:

Edited by Avinash_Tyagi

truethat

Right Avinash here's a quarter buy a clue.

Avinash_Tyagi
Right Avinash here's a quarter buy a clue.

Keep it, you need it more (i'm not the one being fooled) ;)

el midgetron

You have got to be one of the biggest slaves on here. Everything you say is right out of the mouth of Nancy Grace or Oreilly.

The radical Muslims have been waging a Terror War against the United States since 1979:

Yeah, my point was that truethat has no idea what hes talking about. "America hasnt been attacked since we went to Iraq". He clings to "victories where he can find them. America has been attacked since we went to Iraq. If he is only talking about attacks on US soil, its been 6 years since 911 and the last attack before that was 8 years before 911. So whats his point??

"liberals, Liberals, Liberals" lol. There is no substance to your statement. Why dont you tell us about the "world wide" issues that are so much more important than the war on terrorism?? Please, a list of 2 or 3 will do. This is simply your way of doing exactly the opposite of what you are blaming the "liberals" of. Is the best argument you can come up with (thanks to your programing) is its not all about America? Yet, no matter tha issue you are willing to blindly back America at all costs. Please explain your point.

truethat

World Wide Issues?

Hmm how about the state of India right now for starters and the state of China. How about how the EU is shaping up. How about the conflict in Cyprus that seems to be coming out better. Perhaps the war that's brewing in Somalia? How about Castro's condition in Cuba? How about Iran and North Korea and what's going to happen with that. How about the huge crack that was just found in a glacier in the Arctic that is going to flow into work areas when it thaws? How about how Indonesia is recovering from the Tsunami and how about New Orleans and its recovery?

I could go on and on and on........pretty sad that you though three was such a show stopping number. You just proved my point. And I see you made the O'Reilly reference. I can honestly say I don't watch television or read anything that O'Reilly has said. What a joke.