Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pork soup handouts not racist - French judge

__Kratos__

Yes Odas they should be given dignity. The dignity to have a wash, take a minimum wage job part-time at MacDonalds or cleaning or some such, pay rent at a YMCA equivalent or bedsit/shelter and then buy the food of their choice as and when they feel.

If they are legally in France then there are institutions and agencies to facilitate this, as there are in most western countries.

If they are illegally in France and do not have access to such help then I refer back to "beggers can't be choosers" I am willing to bet that no food of their culture at all is handed out in the country they came from, hence their illegal residence in France.

Reminds me of the muffin tops episode of Seinfeld. :rofl:

Edited by Moon Monkey

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Avinash_Tyagi

• Moon Monkey

• odas

What if they police it? Just sit there and watch you, with Pink Floyd playing in the background...

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat??

:blink:

:lol: I wish I thought of that one. nice one..lmao

Who is forcing anybody to eat there? ...:unsure2:... I didn't think so.

No one is being forced to eat, but if you show up and want to grab something else that they have already available then why should it be a problem?

If they won't eat pork, then they can go hungry. That is my take.

That's stupid, is it so hard to hand out the bread and cheese :rolleyes:

Edited by Avinash_Tyagi

Seeing how Rasicm is defined as one race belive they are superior to another, giving pork to homeless people is not Rasicm.

No one is being forced to eat, but if you show up and want to grab something else that they have already available then why should it be a problem?

Why should it be a problem to help only who you want to help?

Should they also then provide vegetarian dishes, vegan dishes, south beach dishes, atkins dishes and more special diets because people want them?

Should they also then provide vegetarian dishes, vegan dishes, south beach dishes, atkins dishes and more special diets because people want them?

-Because then its not really charity

-Who said anything about offering other dishes, stop being foolish, i'm talking about stuff they already offer :rolleyes:

-Because then its not really charity

-Who said anything about offering other dishes, stop being foolish, i'm talking about stuff they already offer :rolleyes:

Sure it is. Pork was good enough for the traditional french dish for hundreds of years, what's wrong with it now?

Their food, their money poured into it, their time put in = Their Rules.

Sure it is. Pork was good enough for the traditional french dish for hundreds of years, what's wrong with it now?

Their food, their money poured into it, their time put in = Their Rules.

And hence its not charity then, it may be legal, but its not true charity, its basically something I would have expected of the Nazi Party

Of course not. After all, they are not there to supply specific needs. They are not under any obligation to go out of their way to obtain any special items for the people they wish to help.

Which begs the question: if the item is already present, say a roll of bread and cheese, why would they not simply hand that item out to a person who asks for it? Why is the requirement to consume pork present?

I honestly cannot think of a single reason why the requirement to consume pork is present other than as a manner to filter out people of a specific religious belief. As I said before, that is certainly within their right, but frankly, I can no longer consider such a thing a charitable event. It seems more like an exercise in prejudice.

I honestly cannot think of a single reason why the requirement to consume pork is present other than as a manner to filter out people of a specific religious belief. As I said before, that is certainly within their right, but frankly, I can no longer consider such a thing a charitable event. It seems more like an exercise in prejudice.

The 'charity' in question makes no secret of its anti-immigrant stance. There are many Jewish and Muslim charities that cater exclusively for those groups to the exclusion of others so surely this group has the right to give its food to who it wishes. Not particularily charitable in the way many of us would consider it but it cannot possibly be illegal, which it was at one point considered to be.

Edited by Moon Monkey

The 'charity' in question makes no secret of its anti-immigrant stance. There are many Jewish and Muslim charities that cater exclusively for those groups to the exclusion of others so surely this group has the right to give its food to who it wishes. Not particularily charitable in the way many of us would consider it but it cannot possibly be illegal, which it was at one point considered to be.

And that is why the law got involved, and why a judge had to hand down a ruling, and why it has been interpreted to be legal. No one is denying that.

Still leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.

If the said groups are not happy of the treatment that is given to their people, they should start their own charity

food bank serving Kosher meals and/or halal foods, if this is the case. I wonder if they would do such a thing to show

their support for their homeless... I guess it's easier to call others racist... :hmm:

Sadly i believe alot of people complaint about alot of things, but dont do anything to make a change.

And that is why the law got involved, and why a judge had to hand down a ruling, and why it has been interpreted to be legal. No one is denying that.

Still leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.

True. But do the exclusively muslim or jewish charities leave an equally bad taste ?

True. But do the exclusively muslim or jewish charities leave an equally bad taste ?

Yes, true charity should not be done to exclude people, but to help people

Of course.

Assuming they exist.

Sure does.

We all know that this nasty little group has done this with racist intentions and the hope a fuss would be created to both publicise their agenda and put the French government in an awkward position but surely the same problem would arise should a soup kitchen provide non-hahal/non-kosher food or store meat and cheese in the same fridge or use the same utensils for the pork and non-pork menus etc. or do the religious homeless get to pick and choose which part of their religions food laws to observe ? It is like a vegitarian accepting the handouts, accepting the rules, accepting that some meals contain meat and eating them but claiming discrimination when veal comes on the menu as this is particularily distasteful to them.

Whatever their religion I still think they should get off their useless homeless arses and sort themselves out, get a job and buy their own food as there are no excuses in Western Europe (with the possible exception of the introduction of "care in the community" in the UK) for a legal resident of that country to be in this position.

We all know that this nasty little group has done this with racist intentions and the hope a fuss would be created to both publicise their agenda and put the French government in an awkward position but surely the same problem would arise should a soup kitchen provide non-hahal/non-kosher food or store meat and cheese in the same fridge or use the same utensils for the pork and non-pork menus etc. or do the religious homeless get to pick and choose which part of their religions food laws to observe ? It is like a vegitarian accepting the handouts, accepting the rules, accepting that some meals contain meat and eating them but claiming discrimination when veal comes on the menu as this is particularily distasteful to them.

Whatever their religion I still think they should get off their useless homeless arses and sort themselves out, get a job and buy their own food as there are no excuses in Western Europe (with the possible exception of the introduction of "care in the community" in the UK) for a legal resident of that country to be in this position.

I might have missed it, but I noticed that you continue to use the phrase "illigal Immigrant" when mentioning Jews and Moslems..??

Why are they supposed to be probably illegal? Because it is not natural to be French and a Jew, a French and a Moslem? The Jews or Moslem can not be French because they are Jews or Moslems, so they must be immigrants, most likely illigal?

Not long ago, a French politician was complaining about too many black being in the national Soccer team. They cannot be French, they are black for god's sake. :wacko:

I might have missed it, but I noticed that you continue to use the phrase "illigal Immigrant" when mentioning Jews and Moslems..??

Why are they supposed to be probably illegal? Because it is not natural to be French and a Jew, a French and a Moslem? The Jews or Moslem can not be French because they are Jews or Moslems, so they must be immigrants, most likely illigal?

Not long ago, a French politician was complaining about too many black being in the national Soccer team. They cannot be French, they are black for god's sake. :wacko:

Nope, I am presuming they are illegal to not have the use of the facilities and agencies avaliable to a French citizen and get themselves a job, a place to stay and their own food. Otherwise I refer back to page 1 where I said beggers can't be choosers, which remains my position. I am fully aware that France has long established Jewish and Muslim communities.

I might have missed it but can you highlight where I used the phrase "illegal immigrant" in that quote.

Edited by Moon Monkey

Nope, I am presuming they are illegal to not have the use of the facilities and agencies avaliable to a French citizen and get themselves a job, a place to stay and their own food. Otherwise I refer back to page 1 where I said beggers can't be choosers, which remains my position. I am fully aware that France has long established Jewish and Muslim communities.

I might have missed it but can you highlight where I used the phrase "illegal immigrant" in that quote.

Well first off I think you forget that most homeless suffer from varying degrees of mental problems so to assume its just laziness is a lack of knowledge on your part. And secondly you're avoiding the issue that this isn't about them trying to force these places to cater to their desires, this is about an organization deciding to purposely discriminate, it would be easy for this organization to just hand out the coffee and bread that it hands out anyways and not give out the pork to those who don't want it.

Yes Odas they should be given dignity. The dignity to have a wash, take a minimum wage job part-time at MacDonalds or cleaning or some such, pay rent at a YMCA equivalent or bedsit/shelter and then buy the food of their choice as and when they feel.

If they are legally in France then there are institutions and agencies to facilitate this, as there are in most western countries.

If they are illegally in France and do not have access to such help then I refer back to "beggers can't be choosers" I am willing to bet that no food of their culture at all is handed out in the country they came from, hence their illegal residence in France.Reminds me of the muffin tops episode of Seinfeld. :rofl:

Pork soup is back on the menu for homeless people in Paris after a judge ruled it could not be deemed racist.

Pork soup? yuck..linked-image

Can't they serve bacon sandwiches instead? I mean who doesn't like bacon? mmmhhlinked-image

Edited by billyhill

Well first off I think you forget that most homeless suffer from varying degrees of mental problems so to assume its just laziness is a lack of knowledge on your part. And secondly you're avoiding the issue that this isn't about them trying to force these places to cater to their desires, this is about an organization deciding to purposely discriminate, it would be easy for this organization to just hand out the coffee and bread that it hands out anyways and not give out the pork to those who don't want it.

I did mention these people in an earlier post about "care in the community in the UK" which I am not sure if you are aware of but covers people with many mental and physical disabilities thrown out of sheltered accomodation in a shocking government initiative about 12 years ago, however agencies/facilities are avaliable and are trying to help, I don't assume it is just laziness I know a couple of homeless guys who refuse government accomodation as it would mean having to give up their dogs and I give something most mornings for them and the dogs. I place these in the 'beggers can't be choosers' category.

This thread is about legalising the ability for a group to hand its 'charity' to whoever it wishes, if I were black I would feel very uneasy about attending a neo-nazi/BNP soup kitchen as I would be sure to be made unwelcome...same applies here, just a guess but I wouldn't be surprised if moslem.jewish groups had made a point of going there to highlight the groups methods. They don't want to hand the bread/roles out to everyone, that is the whole point of what they are doing as we both know they are a nasty bunch of racists.

Odas, you would have probably have been better quoting that post originally ...but the cap fits. Anyway what are you proposing that we now do....cater specifically for religious, homeless, illegal immigrants surely that belongs in the "political correctness gone mad" thread ? However this is already avaliable if they apply through the legal process they are well cared for with food (of their religion),shelter,cultural activities and access to medical/dental/legal etc., be it in hostels or purpose-built camps, while their application is considered taking away any need to go cap in hand to a racist charity.

Billyhill...although I could never turn down a bacon sandwich it would be a tough call between that and a big bowl of pea and ham soup

Edited by Moon Monkey

One can not argue about taste. I believe that ham or bacon tastes good, but, it is not for me.

Same like some cultures prefere dogs, apes, cats......, maybe they do not taste bad, but it is not for me.

I see it this way: When I give money to charity I do not care what kind of food they will by for it.

A few times a Year I personaly by food for donations and I make sure there is variaty, beens, chockolade, bacon, veal, beef, pees........that is what I understand under charity. Also, I do not care who is going to get the food as long as it goes to the neede.

If I were, god forbid, someone who needs to go to the food bank I would be choose. Why? Because there are certain things that I do not eat. Meat like pork. Is this a crime?

That brings me back to the dignity post.

If you are needy and are at a soup kitchen you really have no room to complain about what they serve.