Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2007 to be 'Warmest on Record'

Guest Lottie

10 degrees celcius above today. Should have been 10 below. I was taking down the christmas lights in a T-shirt for cringles sake. It's nuts!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• Mattshark

• Mr Black

• Cherry8682

Having been born in New York and now living in Connecticut I can tell you that I've generally noticed unusual temperates during winter for the last couple of years. It's january 5th and I couldn't honestly tell you if there has even been a frost yet. It may just be me but over the past couple of winters I have noticed unusually warm temperates and snowfall coming very late in the winter season. There were a couple weeks in december that were in the 50s and 60s. I wore shorts for a day in december. Let me remind you that this is New England!

What? I fished the Salmon River twice this winter, and both times there were at least a couple inches of snow!

What? I fished the Salmon River twice this winter, and both times there were at least a couple inches of snow!

That is still mild for New England though.

when I said couple, I meant like 3-6 inches :P....

Lol, I have a mate who lives in Providence, R.I and he said it has been warmer than normal.

Where I am in Germany we have had 1 day of snow and it didn't last the night, they have had to get snow making machines into the Harz mountians so some of the Ski resorts can open.

In CT, it snowed on and off...but never got cold enough to do some ice fishing...It did once, but it warmed up after. In Ontario, they're having some good ice fishing. And some of my fishing buds in Alaska says the temps are normall there...a below 0 average.

In CT, it snowed on and off...but never got cold enough to do some ice fishing...It did once, but it warmed up after. In Ontario, they're having some good ice fishing. And some of my fishing buds in Alaska says the temps are normall there...a below 0 average.

Yeah not suprised with Alaska, it is the more temperate regions that there having the odd weather. The most unusual one was the amount of fog the UK had early last month. It was very unusual.

Edited by Mattshark

I put xmas decorations up in a t-shirt and capris and took them down wearing the same lack of winter clothing.. just bizarre... and I don't like it one bit, either...lol

See? Global warming isn't all bad......... :innocent:

Temps here are way off the norm. Currently it is raining, and about 48 degrees (f).

If the sun comes out later, I may have to mow the lawn.

See? Global warming isn't all bad......... :innocent:

Temps here are way off the norm. Currently it is raining, and about 48 degrees (f).

If the sun comes out later, I may have to mow the lawn.

Ha ha, I was contemplating that myself!!!!! According to my thing here, we hit 69 degrees today!!! It certainly was a nice day to spend in the yard! I have buds on the lilacs, roses and trees here... normally we don't see them till late March/early April!!!!