Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Discovered vestiges of the oldest war

Luziadus

A German archeologist affirms that found in the northeast of the Syria vestiges of "the first war of the humanity",or at least the oldest one already discovered,as balls of stone and clay utilized probably as munitions around 6.000 years ago,reported today the German weekly Die Zeit.

"We have here the oldest example of an offensive war",declared the archeologist Clemens Reichel,that leadership the excavations in the old city of Hamaukar,nearby the border with the Iraq,for the University of Chicago.

Reichel, the city,whose fortifications had three meters of thickness,was invaded and limited to ashen in almost 6.000 years ago, probably by invaders originating in the south of the Mesopotamia. " Was not a small quarrel that occurred here",said the archeologist, that leadership the works of excavation on the local since 2003.Referred still to a zone of real battle,basing itself in the around 2.300 balls of stone and clay discovered in the principal part of the zone.

Source : http://diariodigital.sapo.pt/news.asp?sect...;id_news=256835

Edited by Endymion

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cadetak

• speshall mareens

• kraftman

• Luziadus

nice find

what, no Atlantean aircraft, or laser crystals were found?...

just kidding :D

What size were the stone balls? Were they for small slingshots or larger catapults?

what, no Atlantean aircraft, or laser crystals were found?...

Soon enough

What size were the stone balls? Were they for small slingshots or larger catapults?

I hope that a german member can write something or can show a video of it here since this find was from the weekly journal Die Zeit.to give more details.

• 2 weeks later...

slings, we're talking mesopotamian times, catupults were not yet available. humaities first war was that agianst evolution

Was it just a single battle or an actual war?

good point. tequically its not a war if its just one battle. they need more evidence of other battles to call it a war.

good point. tequically its not a war if its just one battle. they need more evidence of other battles to call it a war.

The first wr was probably a bunch of cavemen fighting each other over beach front cave locations.

I think this report is about the same discovery. I remember reading about it when it first appeared online and reading this thread sparked a furious search for the article.

I suppose it's technically a siege rather than a war.

I can't believe that this was the first war. What is the definition of war here anyway? Two organized social groups fighting eachother? If that's the definition war probably predeates the species homo sapiens. Apes organize into social groups with distinct territories and battle other ape groups to defend their "borders". Wolf packs do this too. Basically, all territorial social animals do it.

So how could there be a first war? Homo neaderthalis and australopithecus probably fought wars too. The entire concept of a "first war" doesn't make sense. I suppose the first war happened right around the time some ape-like creature mutated into a human. There would be a million similar events preceeding it, but they wouldn't count as wars because the warriors weren't "human".

I can't believe that this was the first war. What is the definition of war here anyway? Two organized social groups fighting eachother? If that's the definition war probably predeates the species homo sapiens. Apes organize into social groups with distinct territories and battle other ape groups to defend their "borders". Wolf packs do this too. Basically, all territorial social animals do it.

So how could there be a first war? Homo neaderthalis and australopithecus probably fought wars too. The entire concept of a "first war" doesn't make sense. I suppose the first war happened right around the time some ape-like creature mutated into a human. There would be a million similar events preceeding it, but they wouldn't count as wars because the warriors weren't "human".

To me a war is a series of battles that are fought to obtain one goal.

A battle is just a bunch of fights...and a war is just a bunch of battles. But there has to be a a goal of the war or it is just a bunch of random battles fought independtly for seperate reasons.

humanities first war was not this. it was only one siege and there is no evidence of more battles, so its ot a war