Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant Shark Megalodon caught on tape?

truethat

Basking sharks and whale sharks are plankton eaters and feed on the surface dont they? I was going to say a sleeper shark, but i thought in that youtube vid I'm sure i saw more than 5 gills.?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• Aztec Warrior

• frogfish

• truethat

That is soooo a basking or a whale shark

agreed....it is...

agreed....it is...

It really isn't, it is too deep and the wrong shape.

I've seen baskings and whales, but the creature in this film is definately neither. It's a sleeper for sure.

It really isn't, it is too deep and the wrong shape.

Your right Mattshark. Besides basking and whale sharks are plankton eaters, and that shark on that vid was eating a squid.

I'd go with the sleeper, It's not a meglodon they have been gone for million's of years..Beside meglodon's where suppose to be huge, That just looked like a big shark...

have some of you ever seen a whale shark or basking shark? they are filter feeders...i think but i know that nither of those sharks eat like that

May be a sleeper shark or even one of those 6 gilled shark types.

id like to know how big that feed box was then i could probably guess

i watched the vido again

the shark looks bigger than i first thought

The whole point of this is that the Sleeper is a huge predatory shark even if more related to the Dogfish Sharks than to the Great White/Meg. If some of the accounts of huge examples are true, then a gigantic predatory shark still lives in the ocean even if it isn't a "Meg". A sixty foot "dogfish" would still a sixty foot predatory shark, even if Megaladon sounds more impressive. Perhaps the biggest predatory shark ever, is still among us, and is a Sleeper and not a Meg.

Is is a miconception to believe the "biggest" anything has to be "prehistoric". The biggest animal ever is the Blue Whale. The biggest "toothed" carnivore is also alive today, the Sperm Whale, and perhaps the biggest non-plankton eating shark ever, is not an extinct meg, but a very rare, enormous Sleeper. If some of the reports are true, it may take over the Sperm Whale as the largest "toothed" predator.

Edited by draconic chronicler

The whole point of this is that the Sleeper is a huge predatory shark even if more related to the Dogfish Sharks than to the Great White/Meg. If some of the accounts of huge examples are true, then a gigantic predatory shark still lives in the ocean even if it isn't a "Meg". A sixty foot "dogfish" would still a sixty foot predatory shark, even if Megaladon sounds more impressive. Perhaps the biggest predatory shark ever, is still among us, and is a Sleeper and not a Meg.

Is is a miconception to believe the "biggest" anything has to be "prehistoric". The biggest animal ever is the Blue Whale. The biggest "toothed" carnivore is also alive today, the Sperm Whale, and perhaps the biggest non-plankton eating shark ever, is not an extinct meg, but a very rare, enormous Sleeper. If some of the reports are true, it may take over the Sperm Whale as the largest "toothed" predator.

The sleeper IS a dogfish, not just related to them, however this animal is no bigger than 7m, which is big enough. There is nothing to suggest it ever reaches those sizes, even 7m is very rare. Just like most whites are not 10m long.