Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Curiousity killed the cat

Abecrombie

Are you afraid of one of the following  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Are you afraid of

• Death itself
    • Suffering when dying

Im curious first I was afraid of death itself , then as I became older it was suffering that I was afrai of the suffering when dying.

So no curiousity didnt really kill the cat , but triumpth the insult comic dog,....well you know.lol

whispers{ for me....to poop on}

Please Im just curious what the poll will show and of course add comments as well.

Abecrombie :tu:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Abecrombie

• Adam2006

• Mattshark

• Eu_citzen

I am more afraid of suffering when dying then dying itself. Death doesnt seem that scary to me, I know its going to happen eventually. I just dont want to suffer, I've had to watch to many people suffer. Its horrible.

No point in being afraid of dying, it is inevitable. It is not like you'll know anyway, you'll be dead.

You should have added the option of dieing alone because that is probably just as scary to many people.

I am afraid of dying in a boring way, i want to go out with a bang. :w00t:

Other than that, i am afraid of dying by suffering.

I want to stay around as long as possible aswell, just to annoy people. :)

I agree with Nyx and frogfish, painless and in my sleep is the way I want to go. Dieing while fishing hmmm depends really, fishing in the amazon falling in and being eatin by parrahna's would really suck LOL

whew,.. and I thought I was the only one . Im serious most people Ive talked to. All claim death is the scariest. not I said the fly on the wall who said,.." yhOUCH ! *splat goes the fly swatter*

fly half alive ,... "ooohh help me ooh help me" .lol

I don't care how i go, when my time is up, then its up. But No matter how i die, i want it to be quick and painless.

I'm not afraid of death... I just want it to be quick and painless. :yes:

Yes, that's the way I want it to! :yes:

im afraid of suffering too. strange, i didnt expect that so many people are thinking this way... i have seen so many threads about afterlife and how scary it is to just dissapear, and to leave your family, your life, what if there is no afterlife and so on... But now I see - the point is, people are afraid of suffering...thats all? Just like me.

Edited by justejust

not I said the fly on the wall who said,.." yhOUCH ! *splat goes the fly swatter*

fly half alive ,... "ooohh help me ooh help me" .lol

:P Or catching a fly and putting it in a pickle jar linked-image , slow suffocation... definitely not the way to go :no: . A SPLAT is more efficient and quick, that's the way I want to go. :w00t: Edited by artymoon

OK ,..now that we all agree that quick and painless is the way to go,... how do we headlock together , use our nogens and make this part of our reality when the time comes. .lol

any ideas . the suckerfish thing is,... * crying aloud* WERE ALL GONNA DIE,*screams and crys aloud*... OH ..GOD sniffle,..sniffle...TO ,..DIE..IE..IEeee

Sorry, I dont want to come off as being an insensitive or offensive. if some one does ,know tha

Guest Lottie

I am not scared of death. If there is one thing in life that is an absoloute dead cert, LOL ;) , we will all die. What scares me though is the way I will die. I really don't want to be in horrendous, hideous pain. Slow death freaks me out! I would rather it be quick and relatively pain free. :yes: so I agree with the general consensus in here.

My Mom once ask me while I was getting ready to take my eldery Father out fishing what would I do if he got sick out in the boat. I told her then we will save the funeral home from having to put a smile on his face.

Can't really imagine anyone want to die slowly or painfull.

Drowning, suffocation and fire really frighten me. Death is scary, but mostly sad for those remaining.

I want to die in my sleep....or fishing :)

Like a large angry pike or muskellunge dragging you beneath the surface and tearing you apart?

Drowning, suffocation and fire really frighten me. Death is scary, but mostly sad for those remaining.

Same for me really.

I'm more scared of losing loved one's than actually dying myself. :hmm:

it sounds stupid but when my time come's I have always wanted to die in battle fighting for something i truly believe in (like a warrior if you like)

Edited by Geordie Don

knowing it's coming and not being able to stop it for me would be the worst. figure shock would take most physical pain away... it's that mental anguish, the feeling of panic and hoplessness... futility of clinging to life... to me that's the worst.

I really don't fear death. I really don't want my passing to be a long drawn out ordeal. My dad's mom suffered with Alzheimer's for almost a decade. It sucked! For my dad it was like watching her die over & over again, til she got to the point she was just alive...no memories, no personality, etc. Just her body not knowing it's "dead". :blink:

I've made my hubby & a few trusted family members to promise not to delay my passing if I'm stricken with Alheimer's. Yes, I do have a living will, it is down on paper. If it's just my physical shell why keep it?

I also agree that people don't want to die alone. I think it's a thing of wanting someone (anyone?) to know that they have departed. What if you have something you want told to a loved one who may not make it to your side? Having someone there to tell, can make all the difference. I also have to kinda wonder if the end at times isn 't just surreal & you want a voice to comfort you, a face to show concern, a hand to hold & an ear to listen. We are all human when you get down to it. Death is waiting for us all...it's life's only guarantee. As the biography of The Doors so aptly titled put it: No One Here Gets Out Alive. <_<

Why should I be more afraid of being dead than I am of the time before I came into existence?

But as I'll only die once I surely don't want to oversleep it.

If you die sleeping, you will never awaken from your dreams--what ever they be.....

But suffering? That rather belongs to life than to death. What pain could be more tolerable than that which seems to be final?

While I, of course, would rather die peacefully than suffering, I don't really fear that either. I think my views of death are such that, when actually faced with it, I could reach a rather calm state.

Had to watch my grandfather linger and fall into decrepitude as he died - he came to live with us (I was in my early teens) in his final years. Talked with him a couple of times about what he was going through and he was in absolute misery. Would not wish that on my worst enemy.

Nearly drowned once. Got pulled out of the water and revived by people in a passing dinghy. After an initial struggle trying to stay afloat (had cramp) I remember it was very peaceful. Realising I wasn't going to save myself I wasn't afraid in the slightest. Just thought to myself 'Oh well - so this is it.'

Wouldn't recommend every goes and drowns themselves ( :P ) but I could think of worse ways to go.