Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guardsmen overrun at the Border

Aztec Warrior

12 News

Jan. 4, 2007 02:44 PM

National Guard unit stormed while patroling the border

Border attack raises security concerns

A U.S. Border Patrol entry Identification Team site was overrun Wednesday night along Arizona's border with Mexico.

According to the Border Patrol, an unknown number of gunmen attacked the site in the state's West Desert Region around 11 p.m. The site is manned by National Guardsmen. Those guardsmen were forced to retreat.

The Border Patrol will not say whether shots were fired. However, no Guardsmen were injured in the incident.

The Border Patrol says the incident occurred somewhere along the 120 mile section of the border between Nogales and Lukeville. The area is known as a drug corridor. Last year, 124-thousand pounds of illegal drugs were confiscated in this area.

The Border patrol says the attackers quickly retreated back into Mexico.

Link

No guardsmen were injured because they ran away like scared children.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aztec Warrior

• Bella-Angelique

• Avinash_Tyagi

• The Silver Thong

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched some of the Glenn Beck show on the tube last night and learned that all of the big finds and suspicious behavior connected to Al Qaeda in the last few years inside the USA is also all connected with various ties to Pheonix, Arizona.

There seems to be a lot going on in that state and no one seems to care much. This is really scary stuff. Enough oil or drug money can buy off almost anyone anymore it seems and there seems to be no sense of a nation being a family that should be protected anymore among many people.

I also have to take into account that they sent two latino border guards to prison for shooting a drug smuggler and that the judges in Arizona seem to be traitors, and that they may be getting paid off in foreign accounts to persecute border guards who do their jobs.

Edited by Bella-Angelique

Damn I would run to if some crazy drug runner was shooting at me, I'm kinda chicken when it comes to crazy guy's and guns lol Hmmm I wonder how long till the great wall of mexico is actualy built with snipers in turrets. Or just but a whole bunch of these things

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/viewnews.php?id=85483

At least they won't run away :P

Had to add this, Bella that is some pretty scary stuff. Wow does the government ever need an overhaul or what !

I guess the robot idea won't work now, they won't take bribes hmmm

Edited by The Silver Thong

Damn I would run to if some crazy drug runner was shooting at me, I'm kinda chicken when it comes to crazy guy's and guns lol Hmmm I wonder how long till the great wall of mexico is actualy built with snipers in turrets. Or just but a whole bunch of these things

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/viewnews.php?id=85483

At least they won't run away :P

These are supposed to be trained guardsman with machine guns. I wonder when they abandoned their post, did they flee while leaving their guns behind.

Had to add this, Bella that is some pretty scary stuff. Wow does the government ever need an overhaul or what !

It is in very serious trouble from both neglect and exploitation.

If congress knowingly neglects the terrorist build up, and with people like Beck airing about it they cannot claim they did not know, and a serious attack takes place that kills millions or thousands, we may see an event like we have never seen before.

I have talked with some political scientists and it is Constitutionally possible that if the executive and legislative branches can be proven to be seditionous towards the Constitution and the nation of the USA, the Surpreme Court can hand over control to the US Armed Forces until they are all removed from office and new elections take place. If the Court refuses to hear the case then they can also be removed. Wild stuff, huh?

Very worst case scenario but the current federal government leaders in power seem to be gunning for it.

These are supposed to be trained guardsman with machine guns. I wonder when they abandoned their post, did they flee while leaving their guns behind.

I think all of us would like to know much, much more about everything happening in that state.

If congress knowingly neglects the terrorist build up, and with people like Beck airing about it they cannot claim they did not know, and a serious attack takes place that kills millions or thousands, we may see an event like we have never seen before.

I have talked with some political scientists and it is Constitutionally possible that if the executive and legislative branches can be proven to be seditionous towards the Constitution and the nation of the USA, the Surpreme Court can hand over control to the US Armed Forces until they are all removed from office and new elections take place. If the Court refuses to hear the case then they can also be removed. Wild stuff, huh?

Very worst case scenario but the current federal government leaders in power seem to be gunning for it.

I did not know that, or I forgot. That would take a little research on my part, but I believe you Bella.

Dude this isn't the movies where Schwarzenegger and Stallone can kill fifty men while dodging bullets, this is real lfe

Dude this isn't the movies where Schwarzenegger and Stallone can kill fifty men while dodging bullets, this is real lfe

And your point is.....let me guess. They are just poor misunderstood kids, forced to take the guard position to feed their hungry families. And if I were in that position I would run too.

:wacko:

Abandoning one's post is a military crime.

I also had no idea this could be done, and wow just wow. This would almost be a good thing if it came to it,and ya they do seem to be pushing it to the extreme. Hopefully this becomes common knowledge and more pressure is put on the courts to possibley pursue this. Very wild stuff indeed.

And your point is.....let me guess. They are just poor misunderstood kids, forced to take the guard position to feed their hungry families. And if I were in that position I would run too.

:wacko:

Abandoning one's post is a military crime.

Retreating while under attack is not a crime, its sometimes good tactics (he who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day)

Retreating while under attack is not a crime, its sometimes good tactics (he who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day)

I suppose you mean like that disaster outside the bank in California where the police were out equipped and out gunned.

If things are that bad on the border then the Armed Forces should take over protecting it. Lets see them walk over them and into Arizona.

It would help to know how many gunmen and how many guards there were.

I suppose you mean like that disaster outside the bank in California where the police were out equipped and out gunned.

If things are that bad on the border then the Armed Forces should take over protecting it. Lets see them walk over them and into Arizona.

Its possible, which is why I think its unfair to label these guys wimps or cowards

Our Guarsdsmen ran not because of the Tugs, it is because they were afraid if they shoot one of the Tugs then all the ACLU lawyers, the liberals, Hugo Chavez and the Mexican government will call them criminals and charge that they over reacted to the situation.

They ran away from a possible lawsuit!

Edited by AROCES

If I remember, the national guard units that were sent to patroll the border are not permitted to open fire no matter what the circumstances

talk about tying their hands behind their backs

Our Guarsdsmen ran not because of the Tugs, it is because they were afraid if they shoot one of the Tugs then all the ACLU lawyers, the liberals, Hugo Chavez and the Mexican government will call them criminals and charge that they over reacted to the situation.

They ran away from a possible lawsuit!

So true. Kind of like how the ACLU types compare the illegal immigration crisis to the civil rights movement.

If I remember, the national guard units that were sent to patroll the border are not permitted to open fire no matter what the circumstances

talk about tying their hands behind their backs

A lot of them, I believe, aren't even allowed to carry guns and you're right they do have a whole lot of restrictions on when to shoot.

Pretty sad considering a whole lot of the drug smugglers and human smugglers have the corrupt mexican military to watch their backs with full military guns and transportation. Then right now they're having problems with Americans being kidnapped across the border for ransoms to be paid. Not much the FBI or SWAT can do in Mexico. Shots are being fired at citizens from the border. Mexican border towns are war zones... Just last week the Mexican military had to visit yet another town on the border because of the violence.

You've also got to remember that the entire military isn't infantry or even combat jobs. The area they were being attacked in was more then likely a base of operations for the drones, for logistics and such for border operations.