Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dolphins may be from Atlantis?

jacekswieca

I'm no scientist whatsoever, but I've been reading this thread. Read up Wikipedia on Atlantis and Dolphins to get the big picture.

Conclusion: Dolphins are not evolved from Atlanteans, unless further research and technology can prove so.

Reasons are pretty much simple, I guess even a normal kid from Elementary School deduce.

Firstly, if dolphins are evolved from men, due to certain similarities, why aren't pigs said to be evolved from men? They have similar organs, and they have habits like men, for example laziness and greediness. How about primates? Why are they said to evolve to men, not the other way round? So all this things cannot be deduced just because we are all alike in a way.

Secondly, currently there are no hard evidence that Atlantis existed. Yes, there are those fancy buildings and roads underwater, but are they really Atlantis? The text written by Plato, could they be just a story, all based on Plato's own imagination? There is a story in Greek Mythology regarding some pirates who kidnapped Dionysus were pitifully turned into dolphins when they jumped into the water to escape (read more at Wikipedia). But that's just mythology, so don't think too much of it.

So to summarize, no one can actually deduce whether actually dolphins come from men or not. As for now, lets all take it that humans are humans, and dolphins are dolphins. The reasons we are close, as mentioned earlier, are because of mutual relationship.

End

P.S:

@jacekswieca

I have no rights to say whether you are a scientist or not, but the issue is certainly questionable. So its either you are a fake, or just an unemployed, boring scientist.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• M.A.D CapeBretoner

• jacekswieca

• Bosanchero

Hello everyone,

did You hear about this new theory?

Dolphins may be humans, who evaluate a little bit during living in the water. Human's body may evoluate and possibly if human species lives in water after long long time it would look like dolphins. That would explain dolphins' intelligence and friendship. Dolphins may be people from Atlantis, who moved to the water after Atlantida cataclism.

What do You think??

well, since this is not science but imagination, well why not?

But why turning them into dolphins? why not sharks or trilobites? :w00t:

But since atlanteian people were rich people, and must of the time rich people are FAT, well I wont be surprised they turned into BIG WHALES or at least

hyppos :tu:

dont u people agree?

Dear friends,

thank You for interesting dispute, but don't catch me on words, ok?

This is UM forum - are You all always posting only well- prooved data?

I was not expected anyone believe me. I was just wondering what are Your opinions. I wanted to provoke discussion.

And please, don't reffer to my other topics saying that I'm dellusional or a freud, because this is an insult. And read carefully my topics, before You begin to offence me, ok? I didn't write that gremlins exists, I only write that I read it sometime. And - reffering to time travel - I'm here for a very short time and I didn't checked if anyone write something like this earlier - if so, sorry for mistake.

Anyway - next time - post Your reply in a proper place, ok?

Thank You

I regret of posting this. Next time I will write something about Mothman - this is real science, isn't it Caayn??:)

I posted it because I have open mind, not because I'm ignoring the science. I'm not offending anyone because this is UM forum and it is nice to read everything here, even if we are scientist.

And some of You started to insult me, while You have no reason to do it.

And I care about my reputation - this is UM forum, not the scientic one.

I know that I am not endowed to close this discussion, but I only would like to thanks all of You.

I'm new to this forum and I hope that we will discuss a lot of topics together.

Don't regard me as the dellusion or fake, please.

I'm scientist and I respect all of You, I respect what are You writing etc.

Respect me too, please, and I'm sure that we together be able to spend a lot of effective time.

Best Regards to all of You.

I regret of posting this. Next time I will write something about Mothman - this is real science, isn't it Caayn??:)

No, Mothman is not real proven science either. However, I never claimed so, only asked if anyone had heard reports of the phenomenon associated with the Dec 2004 Tsunami. And I posted that topic 2 years ago. But think what you like.

ETA: And besides, never have I claimed to be a SCIENTIST. Therefore whatever crazy ideas I may hold are personal, not public. :)

Edited by Caayn

The trouble with this 'theory' is that it doesn't take facts into consideration.

Fact 1: Dolphins were never humans, and chose an aquatic existence over 10 million years ago.

Fact 2: Atlantis was just an interesting story, written by Plato around 360 B.C. (even though Plato's account strongly resembles the Minoan civilization, there is no concrete proof connecting them.)

A real scientist/researcher, would do some investigating, and realize connecting the two is simply preposterous... IMO

Well said Pax...This sounds no more than a made up story. There is no evidence backing it up.

Seriously where do people come up with this stuff?

I have a feeling someone was just really bored oneday and decided that maybe they should write it down!

And did a poor job of it as well.

Some people just like dolphins too much.

Why does this thread sound a lot like that "dolphins/whales are spiritually connected" one? Is it just me?

First of all, its "evolve' not "evaluate".

maybe Atlantis had different DNA??

Then they wouldnt be human.

Computer simulations show that human race after living in water for a few million years would evaluate and looked very similar to dolphins. Our legs would connect and our skull would evaluate making the nose part larger, our eyes going aside and our forehead going back. The simulation also showed that only human race could evaluate into the race similar to dolphins.

This can happen to *any* species, because mutations occure randomly, and its selection that takes care of which ones stay and which ones dont... as well as simple "luck". Im quite sure you have a poor understanding of whatever reference/source you got all this "info" from.

And I don't ignore science because I'm scientist myself.

I only want to show some theory, which is ONLY theory and hypothesis.

If you were a scientist, you would know that this isnt a scientific theory at all.

I'm biochemist and medlical scientist, but believe me I had very much to do with zoology.

Really? In what backwards country did you become one? Where Im from, in order to become anything related to biology, you have to take a course on evolution, which you obviously havent taken.

I know that I am not endowed to close this discussion, but I only would like to thanks all of You.

I'm new to this forum and I hope that we will discuss a lot of topics together.

Don't regard me as the dellusion or fake, please.

I'm scientist and I respect all of You, I respect what are You writing etc.

Respect me too, please, and I'm sure that we together be able to spend a lot of effective time.

Best Regards to all of You.

I quite enjoyed your musings!...there have been legends of dolphins turning into man...eg .."dreamtime"

http://www.people-oceans-dolphins.com/Mythology/index.html

I like the idea that in the past we had a great bond with dolphins...as much loved pets..friends... and that it is this memory of those bonds that bring about those miraculous stories of dolphins..and other sea creatures rescuing people on occasion...!!!

Edited by crystal sage

Thank You,

thank You very much.

I hope that some day the myth will come true,

that some day the story will come reality,

take care,

Sincerely

Thank You,

thank You very much.

I hope that some day the myth will come true,

that some day the story will come reality,

take care,

Sincerely

I highly doubt that this myth will ever come true.

If dolphins evolved from us, then why are they only as intelligent as your average household dog. A dolphins intelligence is always vastly over exagerated.

As far as I know they're more intelligent that dogs.

They often help people, they are using their names, they are capable to m********e and commite suicide.

Which animals know such things??

If dolphins evolved from us, then why are they only as intelligent as your average household dog. A dolphins intelligence is always vastly over exagerated.

Actually, they are much smarter than your average household dog.

:P;) ... I'd say that the average household dog is a lot more intelligent than some people !!!

Actually, they are much smarter than your average household dog.

Most species actually are not. At most two have shown higher levels of intelligence. (Orca and bottlenose)

As far as I know they're more intelligent that dogs.

They often help people, they are using their names, they are capable to m********e and commite suicide.

Which animals know such things??

2 species use names. Dogs save people far more often than dolphin do, most of these "savings" has been shown to be misinterpreted from their actual behaviour. Most primates m********e and only 3 of 40 dolphins species have ever commited suicide.

If you are going to lie on your posts though, you should be more careful about it and don't be suprised that when you post something about a well studied area that is in know way unexplained people will actually tell you that your idea is not possible.

When people say they are related to dolphins, I don't think people ever think of this

linked-image

or

linked-image

wovvvvvvvvvvvvvvv this is like saying monkeys are from PLANET OF APES :yes:

????

Are you refering to the pics?

Risso's dolphin

Australian Snubfin Dolphin

Both are true dolphin from the family Delphinidae.

Or are you refering to the thread?

Edited by Mattshark

????

Are you refering to the pics?

Risso's dolphin

Australian Snubfin Dolphin

Both are true dolphin from the family Delphinidae.

Or are you refering to the thread?

thread ofcourse :D

pointless discussion... i REFUSE to belive that HIGHER race of HUMANS are delphins :D

soooo ur city goes under the water ... u dont swim around until u turn into DELPHIN u swim to closest land mass and go on the dry landddddddddddddddddd