Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chiller

dancin'hamster

*scampers back int forum, fresh from weekend Ghost Hunt*

laugh.gif

Well, what a fantabulous weekend I've just had!!!!!!!!

*squeal*

tongue.gif

met the fabbest people and was filmed dowsing and sitting on the stairs like a lemon..............anyhoo, enough of that.

Found this odd little story last week and thought I'd stick it up for your enjoyment......(oooer Matron)

'The following story is from a San Francisco newspaper article, dated 1991.

At 3.40 a.m. on the morning of October 30th, 1991, at a large hypermarket in San Francisco, a security guard named Sean Farrel was patrolling the aisles near the frozen foods section, when he was startled to see a woman in a long coat wearing a beret, standing near a freezer. Her expressionless face looked pale - almost pale blue, and she looked as if she was dead. She had heavy mascara around her eyes, but looked around 75 years of age.

"What are you doing in here?" said the guard, and suddenly, the woman was gone in the blinking of an eyelid. The guard just stopped dead in his tracks, and turned around with the hairs standing up on the back of his neck. He started to walk faster and faster and was soon running to his old colleague Tony Preston, who had been a guard at the hypermarket for a number of years. Sean had only worked at the store for 3 months.

Tony was sitting in the manager's office, listening to the radio. Sean burst in and blabbed out an account of the ghostly old woman he had seen.

"Okay, calm down pal. It might have been a reflection." said Tony, and he unscrewed his flask of hot black coffee and poured a cup for Sean, who was visibly trembling.

"It was no reflection man," said Sean, and he gulped some of the coffee down, "It was a friggin' ghost. Jesus, it was horrible."

"The light can play very funny tricks of a night." said Tony, and he gave his explanation. "There's an old bag lady who walks past the store around this time. A real bum. You've seen her reflection - "

"It was no reflection. Read my lips. No reflection." said Sean, and he dreaded the thought of patrolling the aisles around the frozen foods.

"Look pal, pull yourself together. You're a damned security guard. If you can't cut it because of something you thought you saw, you'd better start looking for another job." Tony told him. Sean nodded, and started to calm down. "You're right."

"Now look, I'll go with you down to the aisle, and you'll see there's nothing there. It's all in here." Tony said, tapping Sean's forehead. "Once you let your brain start imagining things you go nuts. After midnight pal, a security guard's biggest enemy is his imagination. Always remember that."

"Okay! I get the message man. Forget it." said Sean, and he pictured the old woman he'd encountered and the way she just vanished in a heartbeat.

"So let's go down there now." said Tony, looking at his colleague to see how he reacted. "What - now?" said Sean, surprised, and looking reluctant.

"Yeah now. Come on." Tony pushed the door open and walked into the dimly lit aisles. Sean followed closely behind, as he even felt nervous in the office.

When the men got down by the frozen foods section, Tony stopped in his tracks and said: "This where you saw the woman?"

"Yeah," said Sean, and his eyes darted about, and his stomach somersaulted.

"It's definitely been a reflection of the bag lady in the window." said Tony, and he suddenly tapped Sean excitedly on the arm and pointed beyond the plate-glass windows of the hypermarket, to a lone figure in the street outside. "Look! There's your ghost! It's just the bag lady."

But the large, obese-looking lady with the woollen cap on in the street looked nothing like the old woman with the heavy mascara on, and Tony shook his head, saying, "That's not her man. Now let's get outta here."

But suddenly, there was the woman he'd seen earlier, in the same spot near a freezer where the frozen meat was stored. Sean couldn't speak, he was so scared.

"What's wrong pal?" said Tony, then he turned around and saw the old woman standing there. "Jesus H Christ. Oh my God. It's the ice maiden."

The woman just looked at the two alarmed security guards, then vanished like a light bulb going off.

"Now do you believe me?" asked Sean, and he walked away back to the manager's office. Tony remained where he stood, flabbergasted. He pushed back his hat, scratched his head, then followed Sean, but kept looking back to the spot where the men had seen what had obviously been a ghost.

In the manager's office, Sean switched on the radio and switched on all the lights in the hypermarket. He sat down and started to bite his nails as he contemplated what he had seen. Then he said to Tony, "What did you say about an 'ice maiden'?"

Tony sat on the table, deep in thought, and said, "Yeah; Christ, I recognised that old woman. She died in the aisles around there this time last October; I'm sure it was on this day."

"I'm quitting this job man. No way am I stickin' here. I can take robbers and hold ups; you know what you're dealin' with there man; but no ghosts. No way!"

"Just be quiet a minute, " said Tony, then he said, "yeah, that's it. There was an old woman in here who used to shoplift. It's all coming back now. She used to put frozen food items inside special pockets in her coat. She had packets of frozen steaks and fish and stuff under her coat, and according to one of the staff, the old lady even put a packet of frozen cutlets under her hat, and with walking around with all this frozen stuff on her, she caught a chill or hypothermia or somethin' and she sort of keeled over and collapsed. She died before the paramedics got here."

"Jesus." said Sean.

"Yeah, that was definitely her." said Tony, and he added that he hadn't been on duty that day but he had seen her around the store most days.

At sunrise, the two guards went back to the spot where they had seen what they assumed was the restless ghost of the old lady, and in the middle of the aisle, they saw a pile of frozen food slowly thawing on the floor. This naturally gave the guards the creeps. Tony stayed on at his job, but his younger colleague Sean quit the job after the chilling encounter...'

Hmmmmmmmm.......sightings in the super-market eh? What-ever next? Two For One on Demon Of The Week? Buy One Ghoulie, Get Second Half-price?

rolleyes.gif

Hammy x x x

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dancin'hamster

• Thistle

• algernon the 3rd

• xgaryedgex

Top Posters In This Topic

*scampers back int forum, fresh from weekend Ghost Hunt*

laugh.gif

Well, what a fantabulous weekend I've just had!!!!!!!!

*squeal*

tongue.gif

met the fabbest people and was filmed dowsing and sitting on the stairs like a lemon..............anyhoo, enough of that.

Wha....U gotta tell us how it went Hammy, we want all the gory details lol.

Creepy story * note to self * never gonna take a job on night shift again lol.

Welcome back, Dowsin'hamster. tongue.gif

That's another reason why you shouldn't get a nightwatchman's job. Definitely a chapter for the next book, Hams.

The thawing food sounds a bit dodgy, though. Or am I just being cynical? huh.gif

Hooray Hammy is back original.gif

Any good tales to tell from your weekend of ghost hunting??

After all these stories with night-shift guards in I'm beinging to get a really strong feeling that it's a really bad idea to be a night-time security guard ph34r.gif

i couldnt stand being a night guard,scary stuff,only if i had someone with me would i do it ph34r.gif

i couldnt stand being a night guard,scary stuff,only if i had someone with me would i do it ph34r.gif

I work in security at a University which means working some nights. Scariest thing I've seen is the Students at 3 in the morning (future of our country sad.gif God help us).

Good story that, i wonder if there were any more reports of her since then

Hooray Hammy is back original.gif

Any good tales to tell from your weekend of ghost hunting??

Hi Algie sweetheart!

I have to say that nothing much happened on this investigation (unlike the one 5 weeks ago), but we did capture some strange things on film, and a veeeeeeeeeeeeerryyyyyyyyyyyyyy creepy voice when we did the seance blink.gif

I used to work nights, and it's amazing how strange things become in the dark. Every-day normal sounds appear louder (because of no traffic noise) and places look forbidding and creepy........... and of course, our bio-rythyms are very low between the hours of 2.00 - 4.00 am............the hours when most people die, are born, and see ghosts.......

nope.........but it was definately a deep, throaty masculine voice.........and it wiped the smile right off my face!!!!!!!

dontgetit.gif

it was also the room where one member of the team 'sensed' a strong male presence who was annoyed because it was his room......

*whispers ~ it actually made my hair stand on end*

*whispers ~ it actually made my hair stand on end*

* whispers ~ it woulda made me pee mesel * laugh.giflaugh.gif

Creepy Hammy, Did you manange to find out who the voice may have belonged to ?

And Oooh, what kind of things did u get on camers ?

Nosey Nosey Thistle original.gif

* whispers ~ it woulda made me pee mesel *  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Creepy Hammy, Did you manange to find out who the voice may have belonged to ?

LMAO!!!!!!!!

Thankfully, I'd just been to the loo! (all that tea we investigators chuck down our necks)It struck me as odd that this voice was captured in that particular room, and after the de-briefing, we were informed that a man has been seen in that room by members of the public, and by several members of staff.

The sound will be analyised to see if it was an inexplicable voice, or of something more mundane was to blame.

The pics were a bit odd. On one particular set, Ross was sure that a presence was with him. On the pics I took, the shots were dark even though the flash went off, as if a shadow was between him and the lens................and when we tried to re-create it, we couldn't get the same effect. Before we left, Ross called the woman back, and we got an orb. Now, I'm not convinced about 'orbs' - but this one was a corker..........looked like a plasma ball and it was moving towards Ross..........odd.....*scratches head*

Watch this space...........it may well be on the telly!

Woo Hoo , now you will be a good little Hamster and tell us before it comes on won't you ? It's gonna be no good if you come back n say " did u see me on telly last night ? "

Can't wait to see what the analysis of the tape comes up with.

thumbup.gif

Wow famous hammy! thumbsup.gif

How did the voice sound (it's sometimes possible to tell)? Did it seem agressive, benevolent or just creepy?

Piccies sound Very interesting, wouldn't mind having a peek at 'em.

Never worked nights, apart from when I was a student and busy cramming till the early morn', but then I'd be so tanked up with coffee everything took on a sureal tint. laugh.gif

How did the voice sound (it's sometimes possible to tell)? Did it seem agressive, benevolent or just creepy?

it sounded blimmin scarey grin2.gif

like I said, a deep, throaty, masculine voice ........ low and rumbley ...... and in his study wacko.gif

it sounded blimmin scarey  grin2.gif

like I said, a deep, throaty, masculine voice ........ low and rumbley ...... and in his study  wacko.gif

I can well imagine original.gif