Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pics Of Tree-Climbing Goats!

Bone_Collector

what happens if they cross breed this goat with that fainting goat. I think there would be a big mess at the bottom of those trees

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bone_Collector

• demonhuntergeneral

• coldethyl

• StoneAgeQueen

The fainting goats video was hillarious. LMAO! I just read about them, it's a genetic condition called myotonia, goats with this condition faint when they are startled. The goats muscle cells experience prolonged contraction when the goat is startled. This is not a true faint, but a muscular phenomenon unrelated to the nervous system.

Historically, shepherds often kept these goats with their flocks as insurance in case of predator attacks. If some predator came to attack a flock of sheep, the goats would become startled and faint. The sheep would make a clean getaway, as the wolves would focus on the stunned goats rather than pursue the fleeing sheep. Not that wonderful if you were one of the goats, sure, but downright dandy if you happened to be a sheep.

Edited by Bone_Collector

unbelievable...never have i heard such a thing, i want one!

my dads goats dont climb his giant willow tree,i wonder why? :lol:

What is even stranger than the goats climbing the tree is that people actually eat the nuts after the goats have ingested and then passed them. Link

What is even stranger than the goats climbing the tree is that people actually eat the nuts after the goats have ingested and then passed them. Link

Ewwwwww

LOL, that's quite a sight. Interesting what an animal will do to get a meal...

That's hilarious! it's always easier climbing up than coming down, I wonder how they get down lol

That's hilarious! it's always easier climbing up than coming down, I wonder how they get down lol

Like this: "aaaahhhh!" *splat* Well, that's my theory anyway.