Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunted Airport

Fatal

So there is a supposed haunted small airport here in the city I live. It's not a major airport, just a small one used for the small airplanes where pilots just fly for the hell of it. Anyway, back when this airport was a private airport just for this man and his wife, one night the wife went there to find her husband cheating on her with another woman in one of the planes. She killed them, then killed herself. Now, they say you can sometimes (at night) see the lights of a plane lifting off the runway, when no one is there to even fly the planes. Also they say you can smell a light scent of women's perfume at times, even in the highest gusts of winds. Just figured I'd tell you all about it.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• micklemas

• Fatal

• ivytheplant

• _Spawn_

Top Posters In This Topic

I`m now infront of my laptop reading "The field guide to ghosts and other apparitions" by Hilary Evans and Patrick Huyghe. I turn to page 132 and what do I see. A time slip ghost seen in Scotland in 1935 by Sir Victor Goddard. But not just any ghost. This is a ghost airbase. The witness saw The airbase in a field and it suddenly disappeared after a few minutes. Four years later, on the eve of WW2, a very very simmilar airbase oppened at the same exact spot.

So there is a supposed haunted small airport here in the city I live. It's not a major airport, just a small one used for the small airplanes where pilots just fly for the hell of it. Anyway, back when this airport was a private airport just for this man and his wife, one night the wife went there to find her husband cheating on her with another woman in one of the planes. She killed them, then killed herself. Now, they say you can sometimes (at night) see the lights of a plane lifting off the runway, when no one is there to even fly the planes. Also they say you can smell a light scent of women's perfume at times, even in the highest gusts of winds. Just figured I'd tell you all about it.

What is the name of the airport? What where the peoples names? Who says you can see the plane taking off? Who says they can smell perfume?

Sorry if it seems harsh that I want to know all these details but remember you have reduced credability already.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=85704

As for other hauntings at airports. http://www.hauntedlincolnshire.co.uk/html/airfields.html

These are the alleged haunted airfields near where I live. I have visited most and only had one strange thing happen. When in the old control tower at East Kirkby, (its now a museum), I heard the old style phones ringing, they are not plugged into anything to make them ring.

Edited by micklemas

I`m now infront of my laptop reading "The field guide to ghosts and other apparitions" by Hilary Evans and Patrick Huyghe. I turn to page 132 and what do I see. A time slip ghost seen in Scotland in 1935 by Sir Victor Goddard. But not just any ghost. This is a ghost airbase. The witness saw The airbase in a field and it suddenly disappeared after a few minutes. Four years later, on the eve of WW2, a very very simmilar airbase oppened at the same exact spot.

Does the book give the name of the airbase?

I know of some timeslip reports, concerning aviation, around Manchester, UK. Can't recall seeing one for Scotland.

I say, go check it out! Im a big fan of exploring abondened places/supposedly haunted.

Word, freddy, read about that one too. The uniforms, the fighter planes,... were all contemporary for WW2... strange, isn't it ?

Edited by Cernunnos

I am assigned to work at Houston Intercontinental Airport and people say that it is haunted in certain terminals. I have never seen a haunting in this airport but heard from reliable sources stories about luggages moved and items tossed around but nothing stolen. At first I thought it was either the baggage handlers or TSA screeners getting greedy but again nothing was stolen. Most of the haunting stories are coming from cleaning personnel that work the late shift.

What is the name of the airport? What where the peoples names? Who says you can see the plane taking off? Who says they can smell perfume?

Sorry if it seems harsh that I want to know all these details but remember you have reduced credability already.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=85704

As for other hauntings at airports. http://www.hauntedlincolnshire.co.uk/html/airfields.html

These are the alleged haunted airfields near where I live. I have visited most and only had one strange thing happen. When in the old control tower at East Kirkby, (its now a museum), I heard the old style phones ringing, they are not plugged into anything to make them ring.

Its called Tradewind Airport. Don't know the people's names, Im guessing thats not the important part. And who? Just stories I hear from people on the net who experienced it for themselves.

I am assigned to work at Houston Intercontinental Airport and people say that it is haunted in certain terminals. I have never seen a haunting in this airport but heard from reliable sources stories about luggages moved and items tossed around but nothing stolen. At first I thought it was either the baggage handlers or TSA screeners getting greedy but again nothing was stolen. Most of the haunting stories are coming from cleaning personnel that work the late shift.

Maybe it's the same people that dumped all that luggage from the Houston airport into a dumpster the day after Christmas....lol. BTW, they have made 5 arrests in that case.

Since you're there every day, you need to look into this in more detail. If you find some credible witnesses, we need to investigate :).

Its called Tradewind Airport. Don't know the people's names, Im guessing thats not the important part. And who? Just stories I hear from people on the net who experienced it for themselves

Are you saying you believe everything said online? If they told you that a spitfire flown by Bruce Dickinson landed in their garden would you believe that?

A list of Sir Victor Goddard's military service

http://www.rafweb.org/Biographies/Goddard.htm

He was no stranger to the paranormal.

"A group photograph clearly showing the face of a dead man, a terrible airplane flight through a storm into another reality, and a frightening, death-predicting dream were for British Royal Air Force (RAF) officer Victor Goddard glimpses into the mysterious world of the unexplained." Fate 2000-07-01

http://www.llewellyn.com/bookstore/article.php?id=37

Its called Tradewind Airport. Don't know the people's names, Im guessing thats not the important part. And who? Just stories I hear from people on the net who experienced it for themselves.

Unable to find anything on the internet regarding "Tradewind Airport" and a ghost aircraft. More detail would be appreciated to search with. Maybe some links to the "people on the net who experienced it for themselves."

Did find a quite interesting story about an exotic aircraft dubbed the A-17 flying near Tradewind Airport, Amarillo though.

Unable to find anything on the internet regarding "Tradewind Airport" and a ghost aircraft. More detail would be appreciated to search with. Maybe some links to the "people on the net who experienced it for themselves."

Did find a quite interesting story about an exotic aircraft dubbed the A-17 flying near Tradewind Airport, Amarillo though.

read all the topics he opened and you will see that this is a guy with quite an imagination ;) and he sure must live in the coolest city in the world with that haunted house, haunted lake and now a haunted airport, not to forget the ufo's... :no::hmm::rolleyes:

read all the topics he opened and you will see that this is a guy with quite an imagination ;) and he sure must live in the coolest city in the world with that haunted house, haunted lake and now a haunted airport, not to forget the ufo's... :no::hmm::rolleyes:

With all this weird stuff around him, you don't think he's got a poltergeist following him, do ya? :cry:

Around here, the Denver International Airport is supposed to be haunted. It's supposedly built on top of Native American sacred ground (I guess the ghosts like hanging out in giant circus tents). I've never seen anything the myriad times I've been through there, but I wonder how anyone would ever notice a ghost with the hordes of people moving through there 24/7. I can see it in Kansas City International airport, if that one is haunted. Every time I've been through there, it's been dark and deserted.

F.E. Warren Air Force Base, which is closer to me, is also supposed to be haunted by cavalrymen, from back when it was a frontier army post.

Around here, the Denver International Airport is supposed to be haunted. It's supposedly built on top of Native American sacred ground (I guess the ghosts like hanging out in giant circus tents). I've never seen anything the myriad times I've been through there, but I wonder how anyone would ever notice a ghost with the hordes of people moving through there 24/7. I can see it in Kansas City International airport, if that one is haunted. Every time I've been through there, it's been dark and deserted.

F.E. Warren Air Force Base, which is closer to me, is also supposed to be haunted by cavalrymen, from back when it was a frontier army post.

Have you ever seen this site or tried investigating the claims?

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Denver_Airport.html

Secret underground base, airport funded by the New World Order, weird murals on the wall.

I've heard about it, but never saw anything. Granted, I'm always running for the plane or running to the shuttles whenever I'm there. But the place is so huge and there's so many unmarked doors and access points it's entirely possible there could be a secret base under there. After all, just south of Denver is Colorado Springs which is the home of the Cheyenne Mountain Complex.

You know what, I dont need your smart remarks. [offensive comment removed - PA]

Edited by Paranoid Android

Recent revelelations are obviously going to make this thread a moot point, so in order to keep this from escalating into a flame war over credibility issues, this thread will be closed. Members are forwarned that the subject has been addressed and that further accusations directed at this member's 'truthfullness' will be meet with harsh consequences. Debate the merits of his claims rationally and civily and refrain from making personal observations by bringing up past indescretions.

Those who wish to discuss the issue of 'haunted airports' are welcome to start a seperate thread.

Magikman