Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

dinosaurs and time

mowo

huh.gif ever noticed how a lot of cryptids, the jersey devil, nessie, thunder birds, mkola mbembe(sp?), bigfoot and even dragons can all be likened to extinct reptiles. Maybe it is possible that a few dinosaurs could have survived extinction. Or could these sightings be ghost like apparitions, somehow recorded in time and replayed? Or could dinosaurs have evolved to a higher plane of existance, sharing our space but at a different frequency? do 'portals' in time exist, creating cross time encounters? thoughts please

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• man_in_mudboots

• Seraphina

• mowo

• nickma71

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Porttal's,time portals,and other plains of existence do exist,if you look at Bright Eyes(big shout to her thumbsup.gif )topic on the existence of Unicorns,the suggestion of ethereal plains of existence are given there.

yeah .. maybe they did Survive the Ice Age .. maybe earth did not freeze as an Ice cube .. maybe lands at the euator did not freeze and they all moved there .. then went back home after the ice age .. Just a stupid thought tongue.gif!!

Many Sea creatures survived .. How come? dontgetit.gif

I'm not an expert or anything, but don't you think all the dinosaur bones are a little close to the earth's surface for being that old. I think the time line is a little screwy.

just my thought

often dinosaur bones are so close to the surface because of things such as erosion, even then several meters down can be a huge amount of time depending on the movement of soil in layers above it

• 2 months later...

some gooffs theorize that the dinosuars were frozen in glaciers in the ice age, in suspended animation, and then unthawed alive.

Wait a sec.. i think dinos are already extinct before the ice age

Yes, long before it...stretching into the tens of millions of years I think huh.gif ...before the first ice age that is tongue.gif Our planet's seen two of them...or is it three, I can't remember...

thier are several species of snake and turtle that ca nbe frozen and then be alive when unthawed...so if some dinosaurs had this ability then it would not be so far fetched.

*would be very interested to know how their cells didn't die out with the lack of enzyme activity that would result in frozen temperatures*

Even if you're right...there's a difference between "surviving being frozen"...and "surviving being frozen....for 65 million years" wink2.gif

There is an animal that can survive being boild and beingn frozen its called a waterbear and its found in loads of places, I am not lying look it up on the net you will fing it looks like a transparant jelly baby but is in actual fact a whickle insect like creature.

As for thunderbirds they are seen to be surviving Teratorns (look this up also) Teratorns for those who don't know where the largest no dinosaurian flying birds that ever existed.

Wait a sec. i think dinos are already extinct before the ice age

they were. thats why i called them 'goofs'. thumbsup.gif

if all life had ceased to be for any reason, where are we really from...........even if it didn't kill everything, where are we really from...yup, the timeline's screwy. alien.gif

post-9-1077450723.jpg

if all life had ceased to be for any reason, where are we really from...........even if it didn't kill everything, where are we really from

All life didn't cease to be tongue.gif Only large creatures, or those that couldn't adapt to the sudden change in climate, died. Mammals, since we can adapt to survive almost anywhere, rose to be the dominant species in the aftermath (After a short and often forgotten reign of birds). It's from those small pioneer mammals that we evolved wink2.gif

OK, tangent here:

people constantly make the mistake of thinking that dinosaurs went extinct over night, and that everything died with the KT event, but the truth is that it took million years or so for the total extinction, and that the only 'catastropic' events were almost completly confined to central america, where the meteor is thought to have struck. the dinosaurs in that area most likely died form poisoned air. also, many dinosaurs, especially those in the southern areas. seemed to have escaped extinciton for a over half a milion years, only to be killed off later by osmething else. another mistake is thinking that this KT event is the only one of its type, or that it was the greatest of all extinctions. in fact, each era of the geologic time scale ends with a large extinction event. the KT is surpased in intensity by the end-permian event and the pre-devonian event. in the end-permian, the greatest of all extinction events, 75% of all organisms died, where as in the KT, only 48% went extinct, and over a much longer time frame.

• 2 months later...

Yes, long before it...stretching into the tens of millions of years I think  ...before the first ice age that is  Our planet's seen two of them...or is it three, I can't remember...

Actually, there's been about 20-30 of them in the last 2.5 million years......and before that even. Actually there has been several extended periods of cold during Earth's history. The coldest and most extensive was in the late Proterozoic, between 1000-780Ma. 3-4 distinct periods which lasted 10 million years or more, each where the entire planet froze over.

here is something interesting. do you know why greenland is called 'green'land? because, when it was found by Eric the Red, it really was green. its all iced up now because we are just coming out of a period called 'the little ice age', which was a period of colder weather that started in the 1400s and ended about 1950. greenland has only unthawed in small waves, which people have been mistaking for global warming, when, in fact, it is just a return to our normal temperature. neat, huh?

I can't find the argument that all these cryptids look like dinosaurs to be too valid. After all, before dinosaurs, they looked exactly like giant lizards and bats. Before that, they looked like dragons and demons.

I remember reading a story of a man hiking in China once. Since it was raining, he put on a large yellow slicker. As the rain got harder, he started thinking about diggin in, when he saw a local down the road. He called out and the old man took one look at him and began traipsing down the road at a quicker clip. The hiker followed him to the village, where he was met by the apologetic daughter of the old man. Seems the old man was convinced that he was being followed by an evil spirit of the mountains.

You could pretty much take the same story, set it in Central Park, and have the old man think he was being followed by a psycho. Fear just tends to be interpreted in the knowledge of the time is all.

yeah .. maybe they did Survive the Ice Age .. maybe earth did not freeze as an Ice cube .. maybe lands at the euator did not freeze and they all moved there .. then went back home after the ice age .. Just a stupid thought !!

Many Sea creatures survived .. How come?

Well, an ice age in and of itself can not be proven. In order to snow, you need warm wet air. If for some reason, the sun stopped working for a long time rolleyes.gif then the earth would freeze, not snow and all life would become extinct. Geologic evidence could also be interprited as a flood. The surface of the earth changed dramatically after the flood. The Bible says the Earth was one land mass before the flood. That is obvious, look at the shapes. The Earth has changed. Animals post flood had a difficult time adapting, and many went extinct. Now we have oil. grin2.gif

If dinosaurs evolved into birds, why isnt the fossil evidence show it? We should see lots of animals where they were in the inbetween stages. The wing is not good yet, and the old leg is no longer useful. The picture is an example. Macro evolution is an example of transition of one species to another, as opposed to micro which is vartions of a species, like in dogs, or lizards.

user posted image

Macro evolution is an example of transition of one species to another, as opposed to micro which is vartions of a species, like in dogs, or lizards.

really. none of us knew that.

I just don't understand how a reptile could backtrack its evolution to become a bird, surely birds must have come from another line, maybe a different kind of amoeba even, but then I never did pay attention in biology.

Also, how could an ice age be in any way responsible for the extinction of dinosaurs when crocodiles and alligators are still here to tell the tale? Or am I just being a bit of a ditz? (wouldn't be the first time)