Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Zodiac-true life movie coming out in marc

Hans Dolbrook

i do'nt know if this is was a paranormal type of movie,but there were a lot of weird things associated with the

zodiac's brutal murders.he sent his real complex codes to the sfpd and dared him to guess his name which was encoded into letters he

sent them and the sf media.he murdered with a bizzare hood on his head,and he was an extremely vicious killer.

it stars jake glyenhall,robert downey jr,and mark ruffalo.i'm hoping this is a lot better than the"Black Dahila"movie which

came out in in october 2006.anyone hear ever get intrested in the zodiac killings here,other than me?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hans Dolbrook

• Gatofeo

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the book, "Zodiac" in the late 70s, then the updated version of the same book in the late 80s or early 90s.

There was another post on this killer, which discussed him at length. Do a search and you'll find it.

One man with a book to sell claims that the Zodiac killer died in Olympia, Washington in the 1980s, as I recall.

I'm dubious. Read his website and decide for yourself.

Myself, I believe that Zodiac either got locked up for some other crime entirely, died, or was killed by one of his intended victims --- who practiced the Rule of Three Ss: "Shoot, Shovel & Shut Up"

Who knows what happened to him?

As for his cryptic messages, I believe he told the police his name was in the cryptograms merely to waste their time. He probably got a chuckle out of that, knowing they wouldn't find a clue as to his identity, but believing all along they might.

Serial killers like Zodiac have massive egos. They believe themselves to be almost invincible because they're "so much smarter than anyone else."

Look at Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy and Jeffrey Dahmer. They never believed they'd be caught. And when they were, they believed their superior intellect would eventually free them.

I never saw the Black Dahlia movie. I read the most recent book, in which a retired Los Angeles police detective came to the startling conclusion that his father, a doctor, was the Black Dahlia's killer. The book was interesting but I remain unconvinced.

I work with a man who was a Honolulu police officer in the early 1970s. He had an interesting discussion with one of the Black Dahlia investigators back then, who revealed a tidbit of evidence never disclosed at the time --- and to my knowledge, not disclosed since.

If the real killer is ever identified, this tidbit of evidence may be a major determinant of guilt. Therefore, I'm not going to reveal it.

I doubt her killer will ever be identified. Too much time has passed. But who knows? The crime happened 60 years ago. A man of 85 today would have been 25 back then, and could have been her killer. So, it remains conceivable that her killer is still alive.

I hope the Zodiac movie is factual but I doubt it. I expect it will be yet another slasher/horror movie in disguise, designed to titillate rather than inform.

Hollywood is the absolutely last source you'd want for historical accuracy or the proper handling of firearms.

Black Dahlia investigators back then, who revealed a tidbit of evidence never disclosed at the time --- and to my knowledge, not disclosed since.

back when the movie came out,48hrs on cbs did a special on the short murder,and they iterviewed a cop that had written a

book on the case.his dad was a famous la doctor who also happened to be a sadist/child moleseter.this cop was convinced his father killled her.i know that the main suspect in the zodiac killings was arthur lee allen,a convicted child molester/petty thief,and the una bomber who was living in valleyjo during the zodiac killings..i hope the movie stays true to the story too.like jack the ripper,the short murder,and the clevland tors omurders o f the 1920s,these killers will never be found!