Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women Finds 37 Christmas Trees

m. Moe

Woman Finds 37 Christmas Trees Near Pool

Jan 13, 7:00 AM (ET)

ALLENTOWN, Pa. - When Carol Lopez let her Labrador retriever out for the morning the dog had an unusual number of tree trunks to attend to. Surrounding her aboveground backyard pool Lopez found 37 used Christmas trees.

"I had just woke up and boom, they're there and that's it," Lopez said Thursday.

Whoever put the trees there apparently took their time, neatly organizing and standing the trees upright.

Lopez said she called Allentown police, and an officer told her to call the city to have the trees removed. A city employee told her husband to drag the trees out of the backyard and they would be picked up free of charge, she said.

Lopez said she didn't know how someone climbed a tall wooden fence surrounding the yard, or got all the trees over it.

"People just don't have anything better to do," Lopez said. "That's someone who had time on their hands."

SOURCE

-------------------------

Either people have a great sense of humour or they need to get a hobby. :lol:

EDIT: I just realised that there is already a thread on this, sorry. :blush:

Edited by MR_MOE

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• _Nyx_

• Klown Face

• m. Moe

Top Posters In This Topic

man... i would be tripping my ass off if i woke up with a bunch of christmas trees im my backyard

man... i would be tripping my ass off if i woke up with a bunch of christmas trees im my backyard

Same here.... how in the world weren't they noticed.......Christmas tree ninjas :ph34r: ?

That sucks. That poor woman to have all these trees in her backyard.

Reminds me of the old newspaper prank:

Take out an ad just after the holidays stating, "I will pay $5 for every Christmas tree delivered to my home."

Then list the address of someone you despise.

Let them deal with the hordes of people knocking on their door, with Christmas trees.

Invariably, tempers flare and trees get thrown on the lawn, then the deliverer speeds off.

The same may be done just after Halloween with, "I will pay $5 for ever jack o' lantern delivered to my home."

Most newspapers are wise to this hoax, though, and will refuse to print it. The smaller newspapers are especially wise to it. It's an old hoax, probably dating to the 19th century.

Hmmm ... "I will pay one pound for every empty box of heart-shaped candy delivered to the offices of Unexplained Mysteries" ... <evil grin>

Reminds me of the old newspaper prank:

Take out an ad just after the holidays stating, "I will pay $5 for every Christmas tree delivered to my home."

Then list the address of someone you despise.

Let them deal with the hordes of people knocking on their door, with Christmas trees.

Invariably, tempers flare and trees get thrown on the lawn, then the deliverer speeds off.

The same may be done just after Halloween with, "I will pay $5 for ever jack o' lantern delivered to my home."

Most newspapers are wise to this hoax, though, and will refuse to print it. The smaller newspapers are especially wise to it. It's an old hoax, probably dating to the 19th century.

Hmmm ... "I will pay one pound for every empty box of heart-shaped candy delivered to the offices of Unexplained Mysteries" ... <evil grin>

:w00t: That's a great idea. I might just have to think of a twist to it that the newspapers might not recognize. B)

Why would someone play a joke like that unless she's very hated or very liked?

Weird.

I'd make a huge bonfire and keep warm.

edited for punctuation. darn it.

Edited by coldethyl