Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Phantom Attack

dancin'hamster

I was trundling around trying to find an article on Phantom Attacks and found this instead. It's not what I wanted but I thought it may interest a few of you who have had similar encounters.

"This is an odd tale that happened to my closest and oldest friend and started about five years ago. My friend has had in all, four encounters with what we believe to be the same being.

It first started here in my home in Bradford, UK, when my Friend (Mark) was staying over. This house has been the family house for many years being my mothers and her mothers before her etc.

It was while Mark was asleep in the room above mine when he dreamt that he was wide awake in the room when all at once he was grabbed violently by something by the backs of his arms and was thrown around the room. He describes it as having big, cold hands that wrap around his muscles completely and though he cannot see this being he can sense that it is somehow teasing him and laughing at him when he tries to fight. As this first 'attack' happened he could only think of getting to the door and getting down the stairs to my door. He says he shouted for me and fought his way down the stairs until he reached my door and at that point, when he reached for the handle, he was let go and he woke up.

The same type off attack has happened another three times in his home not far from here. But this time he kind of had a witness. He says he was in his bedroom dozing on his bed whilst his girlfriend (Esther) was reading beside him. He described the same type of thing, being grabbed around the arms from behind and pulled backwards as if through the wall. He says the more he fights, the more he can feel this 'thing' delighting in it. It is only when he stops the fight and gives into it that he is left alone.

Now these could so easily be put down to a bad dream except for the fact that during the last three times, Mark has been able to see everything in the room. When he awakes he can tell us what had been on TV at the time, what Esther had been reading, even where the dog was. Esther noticed that Mark looked to be having a nightmare and went to wake him at which point he awoke and almost gave her an injury.

The second time it happened in his house he decided not to fight and was instantly dropped, as if he refused to fight, his attacker wasn't interested.

The third and last time he tried to reason with whatever was bothering him and asked what it wanted and why it was bothering him and though this thing didn't talk back, he says he could just feel it making fun of his questions somehow.

Both Mark and myself have our own little tales of strange happenings in our lives and look for answers to them but this one has me baffled. If it wasn't for the details that he clearly sees although he is asleep at the time, I would put it down to dreams.

His mother went and asked a spiritualist about it who asked the strange question of 'Has Mark ever been into drugs?' to which his mother replied 'Yes. Is that what it is, the drug use?' and the spiritualist said that not at all, it could simply be that the long-term drug use had opened a third eye. She said she has heard of it hundreds of times. "

Hammy x x x

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• Thistle

• Cufflink

• dancin'hamster

Top Posters In This Topic

Another sleepless night for me then screama.gif. That is just so creepy, thank God I've never dabbled in drugs if that's what happens.

Cheers Hammy

What was that, then? Another form of sleep paralysis? The muscles not working when the brain was half-awake, giving the mind the impression he was being held?

Or you could ask Teddy. He'd know. wink2.gif

I wouldn't think it was drugs that caused it . When I went through my little experience I was only around 15 years old just a wee innocent girl hardly a long term drug user , oddly enough it does help to know other people have experienced similar physical effects .

What was that, then?  Another form of sleep paralysis?  The muscles not working when the brain was half-awake, giving the mind the impression he was being held?

Or you could ask Teddy.  He'd know.  wink2.gif

Could be what they call Night Terrors, not sure if it's the right term as it's too early in the morning and I've only had one cup of coffee so far sad.gif