Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ouija boards

KBA

Hey, I'm sorry if this is a re-post, but has anyone seen any hard evidence of all the ouija board stories that float around? As I get a little wiser I've learned to start with the world around me and accept anything else with proof.. I've become quite doubtful of ouija board stories. Sometimes when in the middle of something that you expect to end up strange, you will exaggerate natural things to make it seem strange.

On a side note: I have used a ouija board, and burned one, and nothing demonic has happened to me that couldn't be naturally explained.

Edited by KBA

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeneBrowne

• Neognosis

• LostLittleGirl

• Cadetak

I have never had or used Oujia Board. I never belive any of the stories about them. The Oujia Board was invented as a party game and nothing more. Anyone that belives any diffrent is deluding themselves.

I have never had or used Oujia Board. I never belive any of the stories about them. The Oujia Board was invented as a party game and nothing more. Anyone that belives any diffrent is deluding themselves.

I no how it sounds but i seriously wouldnt touch one anymore.THIS is the god honest truth.when i was about 15 me and my freinds decided to do an uiija board.after about 5 minuits of us asking it stupid questions like"do you watch me in the bath" somthing horrible happened,the glass started to count down from one to 10(i swear to you this is the truth) getting faster as it went down.my freind as it got to one picked up the glass and threw it againnst the wall of his own house(it seems unlikley hed do this for an act).Imediatly after he started silently picking up every peice of the glas and putting it in to a paper bag,and he put it in his wardrobe.He claims to have no memory of doing this but ill tell you he was so scary at that point he kept on saying strange stuff to himself like"do you no who i am!" and he was blacking out. i no how stupid it sounds but i swear its the truth.

My mum will swear blind that they are true. She retells a story every now and then of a wedding she went to for a good friend of hers. They decided to play a party game (ouija board) and after some harmless questions (there's always harmless questions), someone jokingly asked "will the marriage be happy". NO! was the reply. Three days after the honeymoon, the couple died in a car accident.

On the other side of the coin, I've used a ouija board and it predicted the imminent death of one of the guy's girlfriend's. They aren't together anymore, but she's alive and kicking (as far as I know, at least). that was 11 years ago now.

You decide.

Ive never used one, but Ive heard creepy stories. Just stories I suppose.

Those things are not to be messed with. :devil:

Ouija boards arnt toys. I believe that if they are used they should be used with caution.

My Aunts and Uncles had one when I was about 5-6 yrs old. I remember watching them play one time. One of them asked the board a question, and the next thing I saw was the pointer fly across the room into the wall all on its own.

My daughters friend had one that used to flip itself over upright if it was left face down. And a friend of mine had to burn hers in order to get rid of it. Every time she tried to throw it away or just hide it, it would return to her room.

I've used a ouji board once and nothing happened. I think most of the "experiences" are just simply a cause of the power of suggestion. You do a ouji board and you have that one person who is always "OMG, im not moving it i swear." stuff like that is soo easy to fake.

Lisa, if Oujia boards aren't toys they would not be sold in toy stores. I know this because I dated a guy that was the manger of a toy store.

Lisa, if Oujia boards aren't toys they would not be sold in toy stores. I know this because I dated a guy that was the manger of a toy store.

And they are manufactured by one of the biggest toy companies in the world....I mean their in the toy isle right next to monopoly and scrabble.

Well the toy store my ex worked at had them behind the counter and you had to ask the cashier for one.

Cadetak47 and the other non-believers

They are evil. The toy company's "modern version" is in the toy aisle, but who's to say whether or not one of the earliest versions was cursed, and the curse is still on it to this day no matter who makes the board. That is what I think. Too many people have had negative expeirences while "playing with it", so how can you just tell them it's all in their mind, everything that they expeirenced didn't happen, well, that's just wrong. Us, the ones that know it's evil are the lucky ones, we expeirenced it and now we stay away from it, and we try to warn others, but they refused to listen, so just live and learn the hard way, like we did.

Edited by archer95446

They are evil. The toy company's "modern version" is in the toy aisle, but who's to say whether or not one of the earliest versions was cursed, and the curse is still on it to this day no matter who makes the board. That is what I think. Too many people have had negative expeirences while "playing with it", so how can you just tell them it's all in their mind, everything that they expeirenced didn't happen, well, that's just wrong. Us, the ones that know it's evil are the lucky ones, we expeirenced it and now we stay away from it, and we try to warn others, but they refused to listen, so just live and learn the hard way, like we did.

Yes because I'm sure their is someone in the production line that curses them before their put in the box.

Me and my mom use to live with a witch who use to cast spells and had one of those boards...i played with all the time with her little girl and nothing happened. It wasn't even a toy version of it either it was like a cool one...that was made out of better materials then cardboard and plastic.

Edited by Cadetak47

that's not what I said, re-read my last post, then maybe you'll get what I said, which was: a curse was probably put on one of the orginal ones (centuries ago), that form of contacting spirits, whether you use the modern "game" one or you make one yourself, it really doesn't matter, it's still is evil.

And of course nothing happened when you and the witch's kid "played" with "the cool one", the witch knows protection spells, I'm sure of that, And I am sure she knows all too well what could happen with a ouija board, so she placed a protection spell on her kid, herself, and her property, just to be on the safe side.

The first ones were also made as games. Many people need to see proof of your claims before we take your word.

I say, even if you dont believe in the boards-then what is the use in even playing with one. From my own experiences, i personally believe that it is a gateway object-and opens the doors to both good and bad. Your playing with fire, i recommend to just stay away from it!

Take Care

~J

that's not what I said, re-read my last post, then maybe you'll get what I said, which was: a curse was probably put on one of the orginal ones (centuries ago), that form of contacting spirits, whether you use the modern "game" one or you make one yourself, it really doesn't matter, it's still is evil.

And of course nothing happened when you and the witch's kid "played" with "the cool one", the witch knows protection spells, I'm sure of that, And I am sure she knows all too well what could happen with a ouija board, so she placed a protection spell on her kid, herself, and her property, just to be on the safe side.

Thats a big assumption...but I think you could be right.

Of course there are some people who have had "experiences"...but what about all the ones who don't experience a thing?

The fact is that you are supporting a thing that is easy to prove...their is no faith required.

If someone where to get 100 people and monitor them while they use the board eventually something will happen if it is real. You can put them in any number of locations it doesn't matter.

Edited by Cadetak47

I've used a ouji board once and nothing happened. I think most of the "experiences" are just simply a cause of the power of suggestion. You do a ouji board and you have that one person who is always "OMG, im not moving it i swear." stuff like that is soo easy to fake.

yes i agree with that,i have had the experiance i stated but it could of been down to suggestion

I still think most experiences are just power of suggestion. It's like looking at a rock and going, hey that kinda looks like elvis presley doesn't it? and then everybody else can see it too. I'd have to see proof of something happening while someone was playing a ouji board and by proof i mean unexplainable phenomena not just someone asking it if there is a spirit in the room and the board answering yes. When someone can show me something like that I will start to believe, but I know a lot of people who have played with ouji boards and tried to use them to open doors and nothing happened.

Yes, I purposly moved the pointer around to spellout any answer.

And I'll do it again.

They are evil.

Nah. Have you ever tried to play Risk though? That game is evil.

I still think most experiences are just power of suggestion. It's like looking at a rock and going, hey that kinda looks like elvis presley doesn't it? and then everybody else can see it too. I'd have to see proof of something happening while someone was playing a ouji board and by proof i mean unexplainable phenomena not just someone asking it if there is a spirit in the room and the board answering yes. When someone can show me something like that I will start to believe, but I know a lot of people who have played with ouji boards and tried to use them to open doors and nothing happened.

There you go, that's a little bit more like it if you ask me. Again, everyone has a creepy story about a Ouija board but nobody seems to have proof.