Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Some truths about Global Warming

Test Subject

Earth's climate and the biosphere have been in constant flux, dominated by ice ages and glaciers for the past several million years. We are currently enjoying a temporary reprieve from the deep freeze. Approximately every 100,000 years Earth's climate warms up temporarily. These warm periods, called interglacial periods, appear to last approximately 15,000 to 20,000 years before regressing back to a cold ice age climate.

Follow this link:

http://www.clearlight.com/~mhieb/WVFossils/ice_ages.html

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greggK

• aquatus1

• frogfish

• drakonwick

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a truth:

The earths core is a hot ball of iron. So hot that if there was no buffer between the surface and the core, we would all burn up quickly. Nothing would be able to survive, nothing. On the other end of the spectrum there is the sun. And, guess what? It is a huge ball of burning iron. The same thing is in the sun as is in the core of earth, but the sun is so huge and so hot that not a thing will ever be able to touch the surface, ever.

The soil of the earth is made up of the heavy elements in the periodical table and that includes all of the metal elements; put 'em all together and you might get the surface of the core. And the soil is very conducive to heat. Now why haven't we burned up?

OIL . . . OIL . . . OIL

We have now reached a point to where the earth's atmosphere is becoming saturated with the elements that are given off from burning oil. And to top that or saying it differently, underneath that we are pulling out the buffer, the oil. We have disrupted the homeostasis between the atmosphere and the core. There is not much time left, but we cannot replace the oil that we have pulled out of the earth and in that we have failed in our jobs to 'replenish the earth.'

Earth's climate and the biosphere have been in constant flux, dominated by ice ages and glaciers for the past several million years. We are currently enjoying a temporary reprieve from the deep freeze. Approximately every 100,000 years Earth's climate warms up temporarily. These warm periods, called interglacial periods, appear to last approximately 15,000 to 20,000 years before regressing back to a cold ice age climate.

Follow this link:

http://www.clearlight.com/~mhieb/WVFossils/ice_ages.html

looks like one of bush's discrediting campaign sites :sleepy:

"Total human contributions to greenhouse gases account for only about 0.28% of the "greenhouse effect" (Figure 2)"

this is a pic of the earth at night just to give you an idea of the impact we humans have on this planet.

linked-image

all those lights you see are citys and towns all of witch are pumping out CO2 24 hours a day 7 days a week all year long. and your trying to tell me that dosn't make an impact? get real man. :no:

"Total human contributions to greenhouse gases account for only about 0.28% of the "greenhouse effect" (Figure 2)"

this is a pic of the earth at night just to give you an idea of the impact we humans have on this planet.

linked-image

all those lights you see are citys and towns all of witch are pumping out CO2 24 hours a day 7 days a week all year long. and your trying to tell me that dosn't make an impact? get real man. :no:

The greenhouse effect involves primarily METHANE.

Methane, like carbon dioxide, traps heat in Earth's atmosphere. Scientists have been studying natural sources of methane for decades but hadn't pegged plants as a producer, notes Frank Keppler, a geochemist at the Max Planck Institute for Nuclear Physics in Heidelberg, Germany. Previously recognized sources of methane include bacterial action in the digestive systems of ruminants such as cows and in the saturated soils of swamps and rice paddies.

In other words, they have just found out that the green stuff that people are trying to save is a factor in global warming. Idn't that nice!

On the other end of the spectrum there is the sun. And, guess what? It is a huge ball of burning iron. The same thing is in the sun as is in the core of earth, but the sun is so huge and so hot that not a thing will ever be able to touch the surface, ever.

Umm...no.

The soil of the earth is made up of the heavy elements in the periodical table and that includes all of the metal elements; put 'em all together and you might get the surface of the core. And the soil is very conducive to heat. Now why haven't we burned up?

OIL . . . OIL . . . OIL

We have now reached a point to where the earth's atmosphere is becoming saturated with the elements that are given off from burning oil. And to top that or saying it differently, underneath that we are pulling out the buffer, the oil. We have disrupted the homeostasis between the atmosphere and the core. There is not much time left, but we cannot replace the oil that we have pulled out of the earth and in that we have failed in our jobs to 'replenish the earth.'

...Wow...interesting...

Is there...anything...that you might offer to support your...claim?

The greenhouse effect involves primarily METHANE.

Methane, like carbon dioxide, traps heat in Earth's atmosphere. Scientists have been studying natural sources of methane for decades but hadn't pegged plants as a producer, notes Frank Keppler, a geochemist at the Max Planck Institute for Nuclear Physics in Heidelberg, Germany. Previously recognized sources of methane include bacterial action in the digestive systems of ruminants such as cows and in the saturated soils of swamps and rice paddies.

In other words, they have just found out that the green stuff that people are trying to save is a factor in global warming. Idn't that nice!

you think thats bad... http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=67244 this is thread i started on Global Dimming. the smog and ash we put in the atmosphere is actually helping to cool down are planet. but since we started putting filters in the smoke stacks were actually increasing the rate of global warming. now Idn't that nice :hmm: are planet is a very complex place.

Umm...no. (Find out what the surface of the sun is made of - there is a surface and it is metal)

...Wow...interesting...

Is there...anything...that you might offer to support your...claim?

Is there anything that you can offer to dispute my claim?

The inside of the sun is Hydrogen and Helium ions. Look at a photgraph of any nebula. Now, why do you think that they are that way? A planet blew apart. A copy of the 'big bang.'

Do you know why your heart beats or why you mind thinks?

Is it Hydrogen and Helium ions? No, it is a little farther down the periodic table. It is Sodium and Potassium ions. We are like first cousins of the sun.

Edited by greggK

The inside of the sun is Hydrogen and Helium ions. Look at a photgraph of any nebula. Now, why do you think that they are that way? A planet blew apart. A copy of the 'big bang.' This sun is the planet that blew apart in the 'big bang.'

Dude, do you even know what you're talking about? Yes, the core is hot. The same goes for the sun, but we are sooooooo far away from each (6400 miles from the core, 93 million from the sun) that we can enjoy the warmth they provide. There's no oil in the air!

Yes, a star is primarily made up of helium and Hydrogen, but nebulae is just "space dust". Supernovae remnants are called Planetary nebula...which is when a star "sheds" its out layers in brilliant rings.

Dude, do you even know what you're talking about? Yes, the core is hot. The same goes for the sun, but we are sooooooo far away from each (6400 miles from the core, 93 million from the sun) that we can enjoy the warmth they provide. There's no oil in the air!

Yes, a star is primarily made up of helium and Hydrogen, but nebulae is just "space dust". Supernovae remnants are called Planetary nebula...which is when a star "sheds" its out layers in brilliant rings.There's no oil in the air!

There's no oil in the air!

Burning oil creates what?

but nebulae is just "space dust".

That's what I said. A planet blew apart.

Considering the difference in the distance between the core and the surface and the surface and the sun is another thing that is in my favor.

Edited by greggK

Thanks for posting the thread that finally ends the global warming debate! It's debunked now so no more posts about global warming, ok UM? Move on people, nothing to see here. :lol:

(I'm not serious by the way)

No...not from a planet. From a star, or space just left over from the creation of the universe.

Considering the difference in the distance between the core and the surface and the surface and the sun is another thing that is in my favor.

Actually, no it isn't. It basic knowledge learned in 4th grade.

A whole concotion of gases, but do you think the dinosaurs burnt oil? How about early synapsids? Could Dunkleosteus burn oil?

If you could find ANYTHING that would support your outrageous and hilarious claims, please post them

but nebulae is just "space dust".

What in the world are you talking about?

linked-image

Thats kinda bad, but I still think that that picture is pretty cool.

But you cannot really deny global warming. It's happening.

Is there anything that you can offer to dispute my claim?

Yes, most of it from primary educcation, but then, It is not up to me to dispute every extraordinary claim that comes along, but rather it is up to the person making the extraordinary claim to provide support for it.

The inside of the sun is Hydrogen and Helium ions.
I thought you said inside the sun was a huge ball of burning iron? In all cases, yes, inside the sun, there is hydrogen and helium. There is no molten anything in the sun or on the surface. The entire thing is gaseous. No iron crust. The content of the sun that isn't hydrogen or helium is a little more than .10% of a variety of different elements.

Look at a photgraph of any nebula. Now, why do you think that they are that way? A planet blew apart. A copy of the 'big bang.'

Planets do not blow up to create nebulas. If you are suggesting they do, please support how this would come about.

Do you know why your heart beats or why you mind thinks?
Yes, I am quite familiar with human physiology.

Is it Hydrogen and Helium ions? No, it is a little farther down the periodic table. It is Sodium and Potassium ions. We are like first cousins of the sun.

What does that have to do with ANYTHING that we are talking about?

A whole concotion of gases, but do you think the dinosaurs burnt oil? How about early synapsids? Could Dunkleosteus burn oil?

This is to frogfish:

If burning oil creates a whole concoction of gases, what would happen when those gases were frozen again? I don't know but if the gases are gas because of the speed of the electron around the nucleus, slowing down the speed of the revolution will cause the atom to bind with cousins andd uncles and sisters and brothers and you'll get oil again and I've never seen frozen oil.

I'm on the side of the 4th graders.

I do not know how to post pictures here, but you find a picture of a nebula, look at it and tell me what you see and I will add, you do not see nothing and the Milky Way is not a nebula!

This is me:

And this is aquatis1:

me:

That is how you create the heat in your body! Since we are talking about Global Warming

QUOTE me:

Aquatis1:

I thought you said inside the sun was a huge ball of burning iron? In all cases, yes, inside the sun, there is hydrogen and helium. There is no molten anything in the sun or on the surface. The entire thing is gaseous. No iron crust. The content of the sun that isn't hydrogen or helium is a little more than .10% of a variety of different elements.

me:

The .1% is the surface and there are no elements in the sun. There are ions of hydrogen and ions of helium. Ions are unstable atoms. The atom of hydrogen has 1 electron and the atom of helium has 2. The sun is the sun through the process of fusion of the the ions of hydrgen an helium. When these two atoms fuse, what is given off is 'ta-da' heat and . . . a neutrino (a neutral electron). These neutrinos create the solar winds and you see these neutrinos when you look at the Northern Lights

I will add this:

The border between the sun and space is . . . I don't know the answer to that one but I wil find out. That is your .1%; that might not be iron, but it is a metal and why we have sunspots.

Edited by greggK

Is it me or is this topic getting further and further away from global warming with...

Quote greggk - The .1% is the surface and there are no elements in the sun. There are ions of hydrogen and ions of helium. Ions are unstable atoms. The atom of hydrogen has 1 electron and the atom of helium has 2. The sun is the sun through the process of fusion of the the ions of hydrgen an helium. When these two atoms fuse, what is given off is 'ta-da' heat and . . . a neutrino (a neutral electron). These neutrinos create the solar winds and you see these neutrinos when you look at the Northern Lights
Does this really have any point to global warming?

First and foremost, a quick primer on the QUOTE function:

By typing [**QUOTE] (ignore the asterisks; they are only there to keep it from activating for demostration purposes), and [**/QUOTE], anything in between the two QUOTES will appear in a quote box. This will make your posts much easier to understand. You can also use the quote button above your text box (it's the button with a little speech bubble on it, 2nd from the right).

So, where were we?

This is me:

And this is aquatis1:

me:

That is how you create the heat in your body! Since we are talking about Global Warming

No, it isn't. The only purpose of the K and Na ion transfer in your nerves is to create a charge that eventually results in the synapse discharging and sending a signal down the nerve. The heat in your body is created in two ways: the first is through the chemical breakdown of simple sugars in your bloodstream (metabolism), and the second is through physical friction within the muscles (shivering). Neither of these will have any appreciable effect on a global scale.

QUOTE me:

Aquatis1:

me:

The .1% is the surface and there are no elements in the sun. There are ions of hydrogen and ions of helium. Ions are unstable atoms. The atom of hydrogen has 1 electron and the atom of helium has 2. The sun is the sun through the process of fusion of the the ions of hydrgen an helium. When these two atoms fuse, what is given off is 'ta-da' heat and . . . a neutrino (a neutral electron). These neutrinos create the solar winds and you see these neutrinos when you look at the Northern Lights

So where does the huge ball of molten iron come in? Incidentally, an ion is still an element. Hydrogen atoms and hydrogen ions are identical with the exception that the ion has the electrical charge. And the .1 percent of various elements is mostly in the center, being that they are the result of the fusion process occuring at the core.

There...isn't a whole lot of cohesiveness in your claims.

Is it me or is this topic getting further and further away from global warming with...

Quote greggk - The .1% is the surface and there are no elements in the sun. There are ions of hydrogen and ions of helium. Ions are unstable atoms. The atom of hydrogen has 1 electron and the atom of helium has 2. The sun is the sun through the process of fusion of the the ions of hydrgen an helium. When these two atoms fuse, what is given off is 'ta-da' heat and . . . a neutrino (a neutral electron). These neutrinos create the solar winds and you see these neutrinos when you look at the Northern Lights

Why don't you find out for us huh?

Why don't you find out for us huh?

Well greggk i personaly feel we are not having much of an effect on global warming, to me it is just a natural cycle that our planet is going through.

As i said though this is just my opinion!

:tu:

~Moro

This is to frogfish:

If burning oil creates a whole concoction of gases, what would happen when those gases were frozen again? I don't know but if the gases are gas because of the speed of the electron around the nucleus, slowing down the speed of the revolution will cause the atom to bind with cousins andd uncles and sisters and brothers and you'll get oil again and I've never seen frozen oil.

I'm on the side of the 4th graders.

I do not know how to post pictures here, but you find a picture of a nebula, look at it and tell me what you see and I will add, you do not see nothing and the Milky Way is not a nebula!

This is me:

And this is aquatis1:

me:

QUOTE me:

Aquatis1:

me:

I will add this:

The border between the sun and space is . . . I don't know the answer to that one but I wil find out. That is your .1%; that might not be iron, but it is a metal and why we have sunspots.

You have not even the smallest inkling of what you are even talking about. Have you ever burned a piece of wood before? And if you have I would love for you to show us a demonstration of how the ash and smoke can be put back together to form another piece of wood.

I've always wondered about Global Warming, those who are in agreement and present it well, sort of make me lean towards them. However when I read the skeptics arguements, I lean back the other way :wacko:

Global Warming caused by humans: An Inconvenient Truth

An Inconvenient Truth: Wikipedia

-------------------------------

Researchers who tried to replicate Oreskes findings came up with quite different results. Searching the same database using the same keywords, Benny Peiser, of John Moores University, found 1,117 peer reviewed publications with abstracts. In contrast to Oreskes, he found that:

Nearly three times as many studies (3 percent) either rejected or doubted that humans are a cause of the current warming as those that explicitly endorsed the “consensus view” that humans are causing warming (1 percent).

Another 29 percent implicitly accepted the consensus view, but most focused on the projected impacts of climate change rather than its causes.

Two-thirds of all of the studies either made no mention of human influence or dealt with methodological issues, possible responses to climate change or natural factors that contribute to it.

Scientists Hans von Storch and Dennis Bray — both of whom accept the consensus view — surveyed their fellow climate scientists worldwide in 2003.

Natural Occurence: The Truth About Al Gore's Film: An Inconvenient Truth

You be the judge.

Edited by Scorpius

Global warming is just natural our plant goes through cycles, Global warming started long before the "Industrial Revolution" I'm sure it began 18,000 years ago or so as the earth started warming its way out of the Pleistocene Ice Age a time when much of North America, Europe, and Asia lay buried beneath great sheets of glacial ice.

Around every 100,000 years Earth's climate warms up temporarily. These warm periods, called interglacial periods, appear to last approximately 15,000 to 20,000 years before regressing back to a cold ice age climate. At year 18,000 and counting our current interglacial vacation from the Ice Age is much nearer its end than its beginning.

Global warming during Earth's current interglacial warm period has greatly altered our environment and the distribution and diversity of all life. For example:

15,000 years ago the earth had warmed sufficiently to halt the advance of glaciers, and sea levels worldwide began to rise.

By 8,000 years ago the land bridge across the Bearing Strait was drowned, cutting off the migration of men and animals to North America.

Since the end of the Ice Age, Earth's temperature has risen approximately 16 degrees F and sea levels have risen a total of 300 feet! Forests have returned where once there was only ice. Link - ice age/sea levels

Your knowledge of basic chemistry is next to nothing. When oil, gas, coal, etc are burned, the chemical bonds between atoms are broken. Most gases produced consist of just one or two elements. For gases to condense again, the temps would have to get really cold...approahing absolute zero. You would get frozen methane, water, CO2, etc. No frozel oil.

The Milky Way is a galaxy, not a nebula :tu:

My fave, the Trifid Nebula:

linked-imageStar dust :yes:

Planetary nebula:

linked-image

The star hasn't gone supernovae (exploded) yet, but it is shedding its massive outer layers.

It is Sodium and Potassium ions. We are like first cousins of the sun.

Like Aquatus said before, the main use of K and Na in our bodies are in synapses. It is the flow of K and Na (Polarization) that send the "message:

Action Potential:

linked-image

Edited by frogfish

At least people are not denying it now. Not surprisingly temperatures in the northern hemispheare are rising faster than in the south (this is due to the current location of Antarctica over the south pole and the north pole just being a frozen ocean). There temperature raise in the north is recorded at about 3.5°c in the past 10 years, while the south has seen a 0.5°c rise in temperature. This is the fastest recorded temperature change however ever recorded. With Antarcticas location combined with global dimming the earth should actually be getting colder and climate models currently show this. (I will search the references out for you tomorrow). There are also higher levels of CO2 in the atmospheare than record levels in recent years. This is the combination of two things 1)Out put from industry through consumption of fossil fuels etc and 2)removal of carbon sinks across the world. Massive declines in the Amazon, Congo and the rain forests of South East Asia. These are all made effects and these are what have pushed us to these rapid temperature rises and this is what is fueling global warming.

Please not models can be wrong, I am just stating my opinon on the matter for parts of this. :tu:

Edited by Mattshark