Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Snow in Malibu!

receivingendofsirens

Snow Snarls Traffic In Malibu!- The southbound lands on I-5 through the Grapevine

area were closed due to snow Thursday. About three inches of snow accumulated on

the

freeway, with a layer of ice underneath.

Snow also fell on the palm trees of West Los Angeles and Malibu Wednesday.

Residents in West Los Angeles said that several inches of snow fell in their yards.

The last snowfall recorded at LAX was in January 1962, according to the National

Weather Service.

In Ventura County, northwest of Los Angeles, a portion of State Route 33 about

12 miles north of Ojai, was closed due to snow and ice.

http://knbc.nbcweatherplus.com/weathernews...559/detail.html

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• frogfish

• girty1600

• receivingendofsirens

I wonder if Mel Gibson will blame the snow on the Jews since he has a personal interest in Malibu. He did claim he owned it. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Mel Gibson will blame the snow on the Jews since he has a personal interest in Malibu. He did claim he owned it. :rolleyes:

:o Snow...

Weird weather we're having. There was an ice storm in Dallas a week ago!

Weird weather we're having. There was an ice storm in Dallas a week ago!

It sucked. People go crazy when there is ice on the roads.

That's cause you're in Dallas. They've never seen ice before :P Try living in MI, or Canada!

The weather in Michigan is real weird.

In New York we had 70 degree weather in December! Go figure.

That's cause you're in Dallas. They've never seen ice before :P Try living in MI, or Canada!

its not actually that bad up here this year, the weather has been quite mild compared to most years when its freezing

Lessee... in November we had savere floodings(worse for even this area where winter and rain go hand in hand) December we got hit with those 100-115 mph winds that knocked out electricity for half of western washington. Somepeople not haivng power restored for 2 weeks.

Then this month we had those snow storms... (while snow really isn't that rare here... snow in that amount is...) And we're supposed to have an even bigger on in February.

As I said earlier... Moscow is having temps in the 40's and it's raining... when they normaly have -30 and a blanket of snow and ice.

Though the Adirondacks are now having their normal snow... how long it lasts, who knows. They didn't get the top frost that usually keeps the snow around this year.

Well if anything, can't say that this winter has been dull, grey and depressing. Just spaztic, dangerous, and scary.

Speaking of Snow & Ice... This YouTube vid will make you laugh... At least it did me, because I live in this area! :lol:

But I KNEW to stay home & off the roads.

This is news footage of Portland, Oregon (not to be confused with Portland, Maine) filmed Jan. 16 2007

Ice is Dangerous, even in Portland

Cracks me up everytime I watch this..

This is also reported here on KING5.com as MOST Watched video! LOL

Amazing home video of icy collisions in Portland

January 16th, 2007

Elementary teacher Derek Porter witnessed 15 different car collisions on icy roads outside his Portland apartment Tuesday morning and caught several on home video.

Link to video & Report:

http://www.king5.com/sharedcontent/VideoPl...54&catId=80

Edited by Cinders

Ah yes... Said gov. friend of mine was telling us about that. XD But yeah... that's just insane...

Two years ago I was teasing a very pretty lady friend on the internet, who lives in L.A.

I jokingly flirted with her and said, "When you gonna try an ol' desert cat like me? I could rock your world, babe!"

She laughed and said, "I'll sleep with you when it snows in Malibu!"

Welllllllll ... sent her an email last week, reminding her of her statement!

No response. ROFL

Stay tuned .. the ol' desert cat may get lucky yet! LOL