Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

feathered dinos

speshall mareens

when you look through the historey of dinosaurs, the closest thing to a feathered dinosaur was archeopterix and heronis or however its spelled, i forgot. but within the last 30 years the abundance of feathered dinosaurs has jumped to sa many one must woner, where were they 100 years ago? othere than denial of evolution in a still religion heavy world. i just want to know what you think.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• speshall mareens

• frogfish

• Jack_of_Blades

Hersperonis was a sea bird, not a dinosaur :tu:

where were they 100 years ago?

We just didn't them back then. The Liaoning province in China, where most of the feathered oddities were found was even looked over by paleontologists!

yes i realize that its a bird, but they dind't find anything else that was feathered, there are other places that they are found, however yes most are from the province bringing up another question; why are they all there?

That was probably an area where feathered dinosaurs started evolving...

speshall mareens

that was a mistake whatever it was. it could be where they evovled but ti certantly isn't the only, there had to be other places. NOW STOP ARGUING I AM RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS!!! LOL :P no my imagination has plenty left. if only i could remember... :mellow:

It's possible that the conditions where exceptionaly

good for preserving feathers at The Liaoning Providence

what about the shale quarries at germany where archeopteryx was discovered. perfectly preserved feathered feathers have been discovered there.

It's possible that the conditions where exceptionaly

good for preserving feathers at The Liaoning Providence

so the conditions in germany were good for fossilization there to, that was all i was saying.

so the conditions in germany were good for fossilization there to, that was all i was saying.

Just because a well-presevered archeopteryx was

found in Germany does not make it as well of a

presevation site as Liaoning. The odds of ANY

creature being fossilized is very slim.

Basicly the archeopterxy that was found

in Germany hit the prehistoric lottery.

yes but all i was saying is that conditions there were very good. not only archeopteryx was discoverd there, almost any sort of see life, pterosaurs, land animals (such as compasgnathus) and almost perfectly preserved feathers have been found in the layers of shale. almost any sort of wildlife that might find its way to a seafloor has been nearly perfectly preserved there. there's more than one way to skin a cat; i think... :unsure2: