Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The new Color

R3LOAD

I have always wondered this, do you believe that somewhere in the universe there is a color that we have not seen, not like a different shade of a certain color. for example when we see maroon, its a color, but a different shade of red. Do you believe there is new colors that would fit into our main colors (red, yellow,green, white, black) idk lol i know it seems like a weird question but its weird to think about

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raptor

• R3LOAD

• TeraLink

• mystery dude

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course. There are infinite colors out there, but only a small spectrum (Red to Violet, Brown, Grey, Black, White, etc...) is visible to the human eye. Some people who are colorblind see an even smaller part of the spectrum. Beyond red is infrared & beyond violet is ultraviolet. But then again, one's to remember that color's only the light that's reflecting off of an object- like in plants. Plants are green because they take in most colors except for green, which is reflected. So one sees green. Blah... That should be right.

TeraLink Was Here! :(

Ive always thought of that.........but can there be a differnt color from a differnt sun in another galixy? :huh:

linked-image

Light is part of the electromagnetic spectrum (image), you can see that it only takes up a tiny portion of the whole spectrum. There are arguably loads of different colours already surrounding us, composed of different parts of the spectrum, such as microwaves and infra-red etc. The only problem is, we're unable to actually see them. As far as I can tell, the only reason we're not able to see them is because we haven't evolved the need to, some animals (rats, i think?) can see a tiny portion of the ultra-violet portion. Our eyes just simply don't respond to them.

So if you turn on a microwave, there's really a new colour coming from it, you just can't see it.

Unfortunately there isn't any chance of you being able to see any of these other parts of the spectrum.

Ive always thought of that.........but can there be a differnt color from a differnt sun in another galixy? :huh:

No, the electromagnetic spectrum is universal.

But pretending that another region of the universe did have another spectrum (ignoring the fact that makes no sense at all), it's highly unlikely we'd be able to see any thing from it. Remember that we are only about to see around 1/26th of the electromagnetic spectrum, and that's only because we strictly need to.

I have always wondered this, do you believe that somewhere in the universe there is a color that we have not seen, not like a different shade of a certain color. for example when we see maroon, its a color, but a different shade of red. Do you believe there is new colors that would fit into our main colors (red, yellow,green, white, black) idk lol i know it seems like a weird question but its weird to think about

The human eye only sees in a certain spectrum and there is no way to squeeze in a "new color" into that spectrum, it just doens't work like that. Sorry, but you will never see any more colors than you see now. There is however the possibility genetic mutation may allow someone in the future to see a greater part of the spectrum, but that is about it.

Here is a link explaining how we see color:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichromat

Edited by Razer

Someone on here a while back claimed that there was a new color. It was a fake.

thanks for all the info

Don't expect to see a completly new colour becuase the human eye can see only so much. Other animals can see more or less and different coulours than us, so I really can't imagine what that would be like.

The fact that we were looking at another world wouldn't change the fact that the structure of our eyes had evolved here on earth. So we would still be limited to earth colors.

Insects have a much broader visible spectrum than we do (they can see infared and ultraviolet). Some flowers that look white to us are actually covered with ultraviolet and infared spots, stripes, etc. The color of flowers is meant to attract bees, not us, so flowers have colors we can't see.

What a cool thing to think about though... a color we've never seen...

But then again, one's to remember that color's only the light that's reflecting off of an object- like in plants. Plants are green because they take in most colors except for green, which is reflected. So one sees green. Blah... That should be right.

Plants are green because of chlorophyll.

I thought i had found a new colour once, but my art teacher told me it was a pigment of my imagnation..........lol...... :rofl:

Plants are green because of chlorophyll.

Because of what TerraLink said, the chlorophyll absorbs most colours, but reflects green.

I thought i had found a new colour once, but my art teacher told me it was a pigment of my imagnation..........lol......

That was so not funny I actually laughed. lmao