Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Your Life Already Written?

FOAM

A person life would never be written in a book because time is one second at a time so a person choices is a second at a time cannot be written because of the free will that we have to freely think what we want to[b

The real question is would you look into that book if it was placed in front of you for a moment?

DhA...OraCle

-Randy W.

But some people say that time is relative, time is nonexistent on the otherside, and time could easily be manipulated..., and countless scenarious. If there is a book, then the keeper of that book is a supernatural being, etc., beyond earthly construct -- surely. A second could be a lifetime away, if you know my drift.

When I die, I don't think that would matter to me - at least I don't think so - because I would have all the answers I could possibly need. The answers will be programmed into my system, like a download -- I believe. It's probably like knowing your real self, totally, as if waking from a long dream -- just a thought.

Edited by dlv

What if you could be downloaded and awake your real self in this world or reality then what. Would you then be erased from the book as then you own your life so there is no dying on your part??

So could their two books as if one for life and one for death!! Could there be a different life after death like a different log with your spiritual body living on throughout another world. Come on time is i think only a illusion because of the simple fact that we don't concentrate all the time and when we do it moves no where in our reality. So can it be that if we really pay attention to our lives that we can distinctively plan and organize our lives recognizing the real self that we should all trying to find!!

DhA...OraCle

-Randy W.

Hello, this is my first post so I hope I don't do it wrong or say something stupid.

The book I believe is referred to is the Akashic Book of records (spelling might be wrong, I'll look into it) Your life should be in there already, and you can't read it. Some holy people are said to be able to aty least read the book, and if you are God-like or even holier you can even change what's in it.

Hello, this is my first post so I hope I don't do it wrong or say something stupid.

The book I believe is referred to is the Akashic Book of records (spelling might be wrong, I'll look into it) Your life should be in there already, and you can't read it. Some holy people are said to be able to aty least read the book, and if you are God-like or even holier you can even change what's in it.

This book you speak of was written by Edgar Cayce, It is nothing more than a story.

Do you believe that life is already written? I ran into a friend today who's religion is Hindu. He was telling me that he knows a Chief Priest (Astrologer) like a psychic. He told me something interesting. That he believed that there is a book about life in general. Life is already written and its in this book. So your life, my life is written in this book. What are your thoughts and views. Do you believe that your life is already written?

Yeah fate controls everything we do. The way to get around it is by wanting what fate wants, that way nothing can go against your will. :lol:

Edited by brave_new_world

You are the making of your own fate!cause and affect of the paths and the way you move through and in your life!

This book you speak of was written by Edgar Cayce, It is nothing more than a story.

I don't recall Edgar Cayce writing fictional stories. And it's not a book that we know exists, since if it was it would be very big, give me the ISBN number ;)

• Like 2

Hey Lars, thanks for the info. (Your named after Lars Ulrich, did your parents worship Metallica?) lol...... I'll do some research on this while i'm at work. :w00t:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_Records

Edited by FOAM

I always wondered what's the point to arguing if our lives are predetermined or if we have a choice...because if we have a choice in what we do we pretty much can live our lives the way we normally do anyway. And if we don't it appears that you have free will... so it's a win/win ( or lose/lose if you're a pessimist) situation.

Yeah fate controls everything we do. The way to get around it is by wanting what fate wants, that way nothing can go against your will. :lol:

If life goes on forever, then how can it be written?

Hey Lars, thanks for the info. (Your named after Lars Ulrich, did your parents worship Metallica?) lol...... I'll do some research on this while i'm at work. :w00t:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_Records

No, I'm in Sweden, thanks for reminding me of adding the info to the avatar info. I like Lars Ulrich and Metallica. He is from Denmark originally, close to Sweden. But now he is in California consuming Danish cheese :D .

If life goes on forever, then how can it be written?

Ok then I'll rephase it. We are all the same eternity and all sense of separation is but an illusion. Really there is nothing written. Everything just "is".

• Like 1

I think we are lead toward's the path we are meet to follow, But i also believe we have free will and that we decide which road where going to travel....There is nothing written in stone if you ask me.....

My opinion on this is fate is a good excuse to not take responsibilty for your actions, but thats about it.

• Like 1

My opinion on this is fate is a good excuse to not take responsibilty for your actions, but thats about it.

thats definetly one way of lookin at it

Do you believe that life is already written? I ran into a friend today who's religion is Hindu. He was telling me that he knows a Chief Priest (Astrologer) like a psychic. He told me something interesting. That he believed that there is a book about life in general. Life is already written and its in this book. So your life, my life is written in this book. What are your thoughts and views. Do you believe that your life is already written?

I think if my life was written down and determined by now then that means that I had been screwed since birth! I mean with parent's breaking up, going suicidal having a best friend die... I din't think I want to believe that my life was already completely laid out already....

I come from the point of view that the universe always is as it should be no matter what. Hence My belief in determinism. At one level we do have free will but no matter what choice we make it is always with how the universe wants it and so how can it truly be free?? Nothing we can do can contradict the flow of the universe at any of it's levels. Ultimately i believe there is neither freewill nor determinism and that there is just an 'isness' that is eternal and infinite which we all are. And that one can unite with it with all their being thus actually becoming it well not becoming it but realizing it as their original nature. It's the same as being one with god or nirvana.

Edited by brave_new_world

Or probably we should ask " Did i wrote my own life story ? " at least no one's to be blame for if it go grainy or smooth.

As for me, life was already written.

No, I don't believe that our lives are already written. If this is so then it would be a complete negation of our free will.

Why would God give us free will then design our lives in such a way that everything is already "pre-written" and pre-determined? Why would a perfect Being like God contradict His own divine plan?

Why would a perfect Being like God contradict His own divine plan?

Maybe he's not perfect after all.

Maybe he's not perfect after all.

hmmm... but perfection is a prerequisite for Divinity and Godhood.

If He's not perfect, then that means He's not God

hmmm... but perfection is a prerequisite for Divinity and Godhood.

If He's not perfect, then that means He's not God

True...but we are using our own languange.

How if God has its own terminology?

then that means He's beyond our own comprehension

True...but we are using our own languange.

How if God has its own terminology?

possibly.

anyway, let's not expect that a finite human mind can fully understand an infinite God.

We can never really fully comprehend God, that's why He's called a Mystery