Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Your Life Already Written?

FOAM

This attitude is entirely my point. All things new are considered by fuddyduddies to be in wowoo land by the status quo huggers. Time and time again it ends up being the other way around in the end.

Science progresses, while woowoos still stand at the start line pulling stuff from their bums.

Hugh?

For specially gifted I can put it in simpler way: "challenging status quo" with fairy tales, sheer ignorance and delusions is not only stupid, but dangerous as well

Tooth fairies, nor figments of imagination don't kill. Kills void/vacuum between the ears plus brainwash.

How convenient.

All words, none of the substance...

Kinda became a rule: believer throws huge word salad, pile of philosophical rambling.

You mean

A) you can't speak in more abstract sense about this stuff, you must always have a very firm touch to what YOU and only YOU perceive as reality.

B) you dont simply understand what I say, a communication problem on both ends.

C) you say you're too lazy to read even if you bypass reasons A and B?

I dont do philosophical rambling, I just put my thoughts in a form that comes out as one. The thoughts themselves, if you are capable of picking them up, are something else too. To put it simply, in order to research this stuff, all you need to do is TRUST other people and what they say, even if you keep the possibility of them having hallucinations or lying or whatever, open, and more importantly, to TRUST your own instincts, to listen to your self and reflect your life.

You say this stuff isn't researched... your lifetime wouldn't be enough to study half of all the seriously done research about psychic phenomenas alone, even if you could open yourself enough to study it properly. Not because you wouldn't have time to read and study every important language (chinese, vedic etc) to understand the meaning of original writings, but also so that you could really relate with them in some way and try connect them together and use your intuition and everything you got to challenge that research and find your own theories. It's all based in what people experience as reality, and many people don't pay it no mind nor think it as paranormal or special in particular, whether you like it or not.

Science progresses, while woowoos still stand at the start line pulling stuff from their bums.

For specially gifted I can put it in simpler way: "challenging status quo" with fairy tales, sheer ignorance and delusions is not only stupid, but dangerous as well

So I gues quite a number of respected scientists that do not cow toe to the established doctrine are just ignorant and deluted? Your ill mannered flameing only points to your own faults. I guess it's soooooooo dangerous. Actually it is. The dogma that exists does threaten their careers and reputations. At least we have progressed from burning people with new ideas at the stake.... But not that far I'm afraid. Scientist that start to learn and understand then express a new paradime are symbolically and professionally burned. I think there is change in the wind however.

At one point tomatoes were considered death apples because it's related to the nightshade family. One guy even made a living eating tomatoes in front of live audiences.

Well here is some part of the story anyway. The point being that if we just listen to status quo we would not be eating tomatoes. No pizza sauce, no spagettie sauce, no ketchup. OMG could you imagine a world without ketchup. What a travesty!!!

http://robie2.hubpages.com/hub/History-and-Lore-of-the-Jersey-Tomato-Recipes-Tips

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

You mean

A) you can't speak in more abstract sense about this stuff, you must always have a very firm touch to what YOU and only YOU perceive as reality.

B) you dont simply understand what I say, a communication problem on both ends.

C) you say you're too lazy to read even if you bypass reasons A and B?

I dont do philosophical rambling, I just put my thoughts in a form that comes out as one. The thoughts themselves, if you are capable of picking them up, are something else too. To put it simply, in order to research this stuff, all you need to do is TRUST other people and what they say, even if you keep the possibility of them having hallucinations or lying or whatever, open, and more importantly, to TRUST your own instincts, to listen to your self and reflect your life.

You say this stuff isn't researched... your lifetime wouldn't be enough to study half of all the seriously done research about psychic phenomenas alone, even if you could open yourself enough to study it properly. Not because you wouldn't have time to read and study every important language (chinese, vedic etc) to understand the meaning of original writings, but also so that you could really relate with them in some way and try connect them together and use your intuition and everything you got to challenge that research and find your own theories. It's all based in what people experience as reality, and many people don't pay it no mind nor think it as paranormal or special in particular, whether you like it or not.

You dead right on one thing: 21st century, and still there are people with stoneage caveman mentality, medieval superstitions and blind beliefs - THATS beyond my comprehension.

So I gues quite a number of respected scientists that do not cow toe to the established doctrine are just ignorant and deluted? Your ill mannered flameing only points to your own faults. I guess it's soooooooo dangerous. Actually it is. The dogma that exists does threaten their careers and reputations. At least we have progressed from burning people with new ideas at the stake.... But not that far I'm afraid. Scientist that start to learn and understand then express a new paradime are symbolically and professionally burned. I think there is change in the wind however.

At one point tomatoes were considered death apples because it's related to the nightshade family. One guy even made a living eating tomatoes in front of live audiences.

Well here is some part of the story anyway. The point being that if we just listen to status quo we would not be eating tomatoes. No pizza sauce, no spagettie sauce, no ketchup. OMG could you imagine a world without ketchup. What a travesty!!!

http://robie2.hubpag...to-Recipes-Tips

One thing I'm sure about: your attitude to science would make T.D.Lysenko ecstatic.

You pretty much decide the route your life will take, sure there will be things that will affect this but again you decide "how" that affects you!

You dead right on one thing: 21st century, and still there are people with stoneage caveman mentality, medieval superstitions and blind beliefs - THATS beyond my comprehension.

On just one thing though?

Really think about this one. There are seven billion of us. Just how big is this book. Imagine sitting down to write a book about the lives of everyone living, dead and yet to come. The task is Herculean.

Yes well I agree. Totally actually. Something else happens when a conciousness being can now predict and be aware of the future to a degree. The Past then starts to be dependent on the future. Surprising this is exactly what quantum physics tells us with the delayed choice quantum eraser.

How does a conscious being predict the future?

Thankfully science values evidence and experimentation far more than Seeker's opinion. If it was your way, anything "wacky" in your opinion would be thrown out, no matter how much evidence supports it.

Mr. Rlyeh, evidence and experimentation are important. But do you imply that they are the only things science should value at all? What about new, even absurd-sounding points of view? Do you dismiss them as absurd if you dont find enough evidence and the experimentation fails?

Those who form hypothesis can be ahead of their time or take a wrong step. What do you call an incomplete formula of physics laws? A misunderstanding of the world. It's through those incomplete hypothesis that we keep burning in order to give way for new and more accurate hypotheses in sciences.

Really think about this one. There are seven billion of us. Just how big is this book. Imagine sitting down to write a book about the lives of everyone living, dead and yet to come. The task is Herculean.

Akashic Records, or the Book of Life. It's said that the sensitive (everyone) can read it, but like the apple guy misunderstood the laws of physics, many people read them through their "mental sunglasses", coloring them and blurring them with their own selfish intentions and views of the world. We wear those same sunglasses in our material lives.

How does a conscious being predict the future?

Quite simply actually. Tomorrow I will wake up, take a pee. Play with the baby while my wide takes a shower, while she is getting for work I will make breakfast. We will eat together as a family minus my four year old who will still be sleeping. I will mess with the kids, get some accounting done on my computer, then at noon I will pick up my six year old from school. Then me, my six year old, and my four year old will go get something to eat and eat it in the park. While they play I will be messing with a rock and a new dead fall trigger I had a dream about, and I will probably mess with my I phone intermittently arguing with you good folks. ...... I could go on. I don't expect much deviation from that.

Thankfully science values evidence and experimentation far more than Seeker's opinion. If it was your way, anything "wacky" in your opinion would be thrown out, no matter how much evidence supports it.

There is evidence.... And dogma

Shall I point to the scientific papers or can you find them?

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=227586&pid=4304717&st=0entry4304717

Uuuuugggggaaaaa booggga. Me want you see how not smart you words. Follow above path to moving picture. Dogma no good for science . You no skeptic... You cynic and pseudoskeptic. But you prob no watch.... You scared.

So it is a two-alternative proposition, either the future is locked in or it is wide open ? How about a mix of the two, or is that just a little too hard to process ?

Uuuuugggggaaaaa booggga. Me want you see how not smart you words. Follow above path to moving picture. Dogma no good for science . You no skeptic... You cynic and pseudoskeptic. But you prob no watch.... You scared.

Its hard not to be cynic when you hear half year old baby dies because their brainwashed "open minded" moron parents (mother in particular, but father ain't better either) were curing him with "natural remedies", instead of bringing him to the professionals.

And yes, in some way I'm scared, cause one day I may wake up hearing "Long live Idiocracy" anthem.

There is evidence.... And dogma

Shall I point to the scientific papers or can you find them?

http://www.unexplain...0

Want to show me what relevance this has with your disregard for science? Or are you just running with any **** you find?

If your life is already written then who has decided which life you will live? If life is already written then the people who committed crimes of rape, murder it was meant to be and life they affected or took away was also meant to be. If someone is drug addict that was just how their life was written. If that is the case should we just sit around and wait for our written life to unfolded. No point making goals or trying to change because whatever is written will be. Or if it is written you where meant to make the changes???

So it is a two-alternative proposition, either the future is locked in or it is wide open ? How about a mix of the two, or is that just a little too hard to process ?

Yea I think that it a bit more complicated then yes or no or black and white. I think that everything you do effects the possible route of your future. :)

Toadie

I see you are a true seeker. "If you never doubt your beliefs, then you're wrong a lot" Doubting your own beliefs leads you to discovering more of the truths that you never thought you could understand. There are many truths that can be discovered and proven when you sincerely seek. I wish you luck on your path!

I will try to explain a few concepts that you or others may find helpful when thinking about the Book of Destiny as it is sometimes known. The Book "Written" exists and HAS to exist but in a form that is usually misinterpretated because the people contemplating them have not personally experienced all the particular truths and usually unintentionally develope false concepts about it.

The so called Book is very complex yet the principle is really simple, kind of like we study DNA or RNA. It's PURPOSE and EFECT is simple, it is meant for evolution and life. DNA is perceived only in the parts of its complexities but really it's purpose is not. It can be altered by man, viruses, bateria, radiation, etc and then is called evolution. Like man it has a destiny, it is created to to change or evolve. It is in all life forms through their generations. Instead of generations think of right Paths to follow and there is the Book of Life in a nut shell. There is a unity of physics, soul or consciousness and a massive interaction one form of life to another,this is both free will and a destiny. Man is not just a being of matter but a harmonious soul with life. Man is physically unified internally with helpful bateria and externally reliant on enviroment but most of all is man a being of conscious life and free will. The interaction of free will between conscious life beings at a specific time and place is Destiny. Like it or not , we are very dependent upon the free will of other life forms and energies and they upon us. Some people have a gift to see- what I'd call destiny gates or paths because they are in a unifying state of perception when they can KNOW the EFFECT of a certain choices of free will that they face. Karma is the effect of all these choices good or bad. The Book of Destiny is sort of like a DNA code within all life but it can be changed as long as TIME exists. Destiny is the most probable of events within a certain time and enviroment for each individual.

Karma is VERY weird because the destiny may be outwardly appear to be bad but in the end it is has the best ending or visa versa.

Concerning your drug addict, he may have been a victim to his time and place and became apparent loser in life to others. His life and ultimate overdose seen as a bad thing might have actually protected a little girl from being killed by his car.

He may have even seen several his "destinies" before him in a shaman like drugged state, he may have even comprehended several choices where his destiny led!

Those destiny paths may have been revealed to him as

1) I see myself accidently killing a better person.

2) I don't like this life and I don't care but I do like being high.

3) I'm high and going to rape that vain girl I see down the street it'll be

fun.

4) I can over come this addiction and start over with goals but I see no fun in

that kind of life and its too hard for me.

1 He overdoses and saves a little neighbor girl from being hit with his car.

She grows up and opens an adddiction center because she saw how he lived and

died. He was was good to her even though Mom told her he had bad luck and was

sick. Its kind of a good that he chose to overdose.

2 He accidently overdoses on bad drugs. Some other's free will outside of

himself actually brought

the effects.

3 He rapes the girl and kills her when she fights back. He made a bad choice

for himself and the effect is others hate. Through their revenge they

actually do more harm then good to themselves and others without knowing it.

One pathetic action of the addict becomes a complicated mess to many. But on

the hidden side of this destiny, he prevented her son from being

born, who had a destiny path of being the discoverer of a drug that ends up

killing masses of people.This is where the Destiny gates get really complex

because of the interaction of free will at certain points in time and

place.

4 He choses to help himself along the tough road of recovery, Unexplained luck

with his efforts bring him success. He ends up marrying the intended rape

victim and they have one son who becomes a successful researcher and a

daughter. Dad is not really happy because the his family life has been

too materialistic except for his relationship with his daughter. If his

son "sees" his destiny he can avoid it like dad did. But most likely the son

came from his mother's materialistic upbringing will not be open to change

destiny-the most probable of events that lead to a grave mistake.

Son brings his discovery to the world too soon because he wants more money

and notoriety- right now.

At that point his destiny can only be altered by an outside force of

another's interaction such as happened in the case of his father overdosing

on the accidental bad drugs scenerio.

Very complex topic in human existence, imagine it on a universal scale of alternate universes of quantum physics!

It can be made simple if you comprehend on a spiritual level that Time and Place are manifested so we as evolving conscious souls can comprehend ourselves and the Unity of All.

It's kind of like a talented musician writes a composition. Many performers freely interact and ultimately play it in a symphony like he created to be. Each concert can be different or really destoyed but it's the same song or composition. Only when all the performers do it harmoniously in the way the artist intended is it achieved. The book of life is like that in a way. Individual musicians have to practice over and over until they get it just right become the symphony not just the performer. Karma is the practice part. We do that until we are are able to perform and unite as the symphony.

Its all about cause and effect. Destiny is more or less the idea and effect that comes before the causes. The causes in turn bring effects that become the reality of the idea or the Destiny.

People can see a Destiny because they come to that point and place where time doesn't exist, it is only a perception. It's like everything exists at one "time and place" within the Idea of the cause of all causes.

Want to show me what relevance this has with your disregard for science? Or are you just running with any **** you find?

I thought you were obsessed with papers so read them. Or do you dismiss things before reading it?

• 5 months later...

QUOTE(Moro Bumbleroot @ Jan 25 2007, 07:54 AM) 1514875[/snapback]

This book you speak of was written by Edgar Cayce, It is nothing more than a story.

I don't recall Edgar Cayce writing fictional stories. And it's not a book that we know exists, since if it was it would be very big, give me the ISBN number wink2.gif

I know thats right.

No your life is not already written. Another question where exactly would it be written? You are given a choice well a path and you choose it there is no way to determine which one you will take you are the only one in charge of that that. I know you have seen people that come from all the ammentities and wealth and still turn out to be bums and worthless people. You are the keyholder it is up to you decide. Which path will you take???

Think of life as a computer game.

The creator has programmed all the moves, maps, items, skills, stunts, e.t.c. The player has every right to make his own decision. If he plans to go right, he will confront the things preprogrammed on the right side.

We are all players in this game (world). Every decision we make is based on our previous knowledge and with full freedom. Not all players are same and not all take similar decisions.