Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I Want to Believe

Artesian

I have read many convincing articles of extraterrestrial life on this planet. Such as a conference that provided more than enough evidence (don't remember the name of the conference, will have to look for it later) but the media gave no attention to it. I have also read about government cover-ups such as NASA holding photos from the first expedition to the moon. The photos we have seen are fakes as many have suspected. The true photos are considered to be non-existent to NASA.

I have heard of many stories. Sightings and such that are compelling for one reason, more than one witness. I find it hard to believe that a town of people would follow along with all of this because a single person asked them to help deceive the public. This is just my opinion. Allegedly the government often covers these issues up and the appropriate amount of attention is never given. Also such incidents as the MIB confrentations, which i still find quite hard to believe.

To me all of this may indcate the government knowledge of other life. The questioin is: why are they covering it up? Is it even truly out there?

There are many organizations just to find extraterrestrial life. Many even deny the supposed evidence that NASA knows and has picutres but they are showing nothing. This leads me to wonder, are my beliefs of government conspiracies and ET life wrong? I can think of various issues that the government would cover-up but I have no solid evidence.

I am a man that has used science to deny some things that are out there. I have not denied my belief in other life though. Recently I have shed these denials of truth that mask my mind though. I have decided that the only way for science to truly progress is for people to open their minds to the "impossible". That is why I must still enquire, and not simply go on impulse, what is being kept from us and should one truly believe?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PurpleStuart

• skaterblues

• Artesian

• theSOURCE

i do believe in e.t. 's

i have no written proofs or somewhat videos or anything but if you will just sit back and think about the probabilities that et exists you will realize that they are really true...

our galaxy is so vast that you can never tell what' out there...

and even in our own galaxy, mysteries are still left unrecovered and undiscovered and... going to smaller one, in our own planet, there are also mysteries that are left unsolved, organisms left unseen...

so, how can they be sure if there is no e.t...

nway, i know that we have different views here i'm just posting my own view... alien.gif

I do belive E.Ts exist. However,if they have actually visited us or not is another story.

A logical question to ask is: what is there to be gained by a cover-up? If stories of the supposed retrieval of crashed UFOs is true, and the government (of any nation) is in the possession of this highly advanced technology, then where is the proof of this?

If an alien species is advanced enough to have developed an interstellar drive, and the government has had it's hands on this for decades, why are we still using inefficient methods such as rockets to launch payloads into space?

Some people claim that the recent advancements in computers and communications is the result of either backward engineering UFO technology, or an exchange with an alien species that is hiding on Earth. So, if I understand this correctly, by having studied alien craft that can travel light-years through space and maneuver through our skies defying the laws of known physics, all we got out of it is a lousy cellphone?

I believe if the government is covering up anything, it's its own ineptitude and mistakes, rather than proof of alien life having visited Earth.

Hello Artesian original.gif ,

This is indeed a rather confusing matter if you'd ask me.I'll post a link here and to me,it will explain why the government would wanna cover all this alien,special craft bla bla....things up.

Right Here

There you go. original.gif Mind you,it's a lot of reading,but it's everything you need to know about the matter.So whether you would wanna believe it or not,it's really up to you but always bear one thing in mind,things are not as simple as we would have thought it to be.

As i have mentioned many times across this forum, i do not believe that intelligent alien life has visited this planet. There isn't a shred of proof. I do, however, belief alien life exists elsewhere in the universe, but the chances of it finding us is incredably slim in the vastness of it all.

Look around you today - if governments could cover up ETs wondering around amongst us (or even hidden from us) why the hell can't they cover up their own scandals, fraud and corruption? And why hasn't a politician not yet tried to further his/her career by exposing this cover up? I was at the Fortean Times Unconvention in 2002, and the last event was a question and answer session where the collected experts their near enough said that they didn't now think that intelligent alien life had visited us yet.

Thanks for the sites guys.

Perhaps the many scandals and frauds are part of the cover up? The government is known to bring things to our knowledge to move our attention from the bigger issue. I don't know if the smaller issues would be a part of this but I am sure some of them are. No one exposes the government and alien life on this planet (If there is any to expose) is likely because of the threat they would be undergoing. Often before they even have the chance, even if they are secretly writing a book about all the events, they come up dead and anyone that attempts to investigate the death will wind up the same way.

I think the government has us more maniptulated than it appears. They deliver the illusion that we know but in truth we have no idea. Not everything can remain a secret though. I am sure there are many that have had the opportunity to expose the government but they die suddenly afterwards or they are threatened and therefore never say a word.

Perhaps the reason they do not show us the enigmatic issues that they hold is because it would be a threat to them. Take the Project Paperclip for example. If America knew everything about it with evidence there would surely be civil disorder. If alien life is true and is revealed to us how do you think we would react? Furthermore, if the government knew something like the threat they pose and that information was released to us the whole world would likely be in panic. Perhaps it is their expirements they wish us not to know. You see there are many scenarios, the problem is finding the truth of these aspects.

Alien's must exist,somewhere out there,and if they dont then what a hell of a lot of space has been wasted.

Artesian - bear in mind people have written books exposing the secrets of various secret services and they are all alive and well (but admittedly living in exile in some cases)

Yes a government could cover things up by bunping people off, but have you heard of a load of politicians dying all of a sudden in mysterious circunstances after announcing that they were about to make some kind of candid expose? (sorry i don't have and acute accent to put over the second e in expose)

Nope, niether have i. And with the nature of our media, we would.

i believe in extra terrestrials but not all stories about them are true. as i have read on an article there are chances for an alien to meet from other planets or galaxies but the chances are so poor but still, it is possible... anyway life can exist from a simple form of particle so i believe that it is really possible... alien.gif

True Stuart, but perhaps that is because they do not pose a threat. I wouldn't know the kind of foundation these people have for what they say or write but I am sure there would be serious investigation if the government executed anyone that challenged them. Perhaps they only kill those that pose a severe threat with serious proof to expose the governments misdeeds. If someone holds that kind of information and expect to reveal it I would bet on their demise. If an ordinary person that speculates, and may have some proof but no serious foundation to support it with a lot of loyalty from others, said something I doubt they would meet that fate. That is just my opinion though grin2.gif

Ah, but it's the ones who could cause a threat that we are talking about - politicans love to uncover dirty laudry in the cupboards of rivals to further their own careers - whilst endearing themselves to their public. If there was a conspiracy it would of been exposed by now, if you argue that the government would try to kill anyone who could expose it then we should expect to see some some bodies somewhere or people going missing.

We haven't, therefore there is no conspiracy.

Being the sceptic that I am, I don't believe there are conspiracies over extra terrestrial visitors because you can't cover up something that has never happened.

It's part of man's character that when he witnesses something he can't explain, he attempts to come up with an answer to what it was he witnessed, this is called "plausable theory" and it explains ghosts, ET's etc etc.

But, to play devils advocate for a moment..... the thread of this conversation has been that governments deceive the public in these conspiracies ... the problem I have with this scenario is that governments come and go. One year it's this government and next year it's their current opposition who get into power, how could any conspiracy be maintained by both parties over any period of time? Someone would have to spill the beans to make a hero of themselves, that's in a politician's personality profile, they couldn't help themselves.

Now, let's look at this from a different angle..... would politicians (the government)really get to know any details in the first place? It's correctly been stated that governments only tell us what they want us to know.... why wouldn't that apply to governments also? Politicians crave the limelight, they love being the centre of attention ... but who are the people who have lifetime careers in the background behind the governments? Who are the lifetime career people who run the military? Who are the people in the upper echelon of the public service? If anyone was going to conspire it would be these people. They are the one's who see themselves as "really running things" rather than some transient politicians who come and go and can't be trusted. These career military and public service people are the one's who gain, disseminate and then supply the various governments with what they need to know.

If you want conspiracies... look to the men in the shadows, not the spotlight.

cool.gif

One Current theory, based on estimated star formation rates from

Hubble Telescope, and others.

Time begins> Universe accelerates.

2 bil.yrs.> Early stars. Fusion creates carbon. Outer gas layers lost

and carbon distributes. Cores remained as White dwarf stars.

6 bil. yrs.> Carbon production peaks.

8.5 bil. yrs.> Sun/Earth formed.

8 bil. yrs.> Life on earth appearing.

11 bil. yrs.> Multi-celled organisms appear.

12 bil. yrs.> Sea based life emerges onto land.

13.696 bil. yrs. > humans first appear.

13.7 bil. yrs. > man goes to earth's moon.

If we strictly use this as the benchmark for life, than it is doubtful

that anyone preceeded us by more than one million years.

It still creates a wide swath, within those million years.

If a civilization was 100,000 years older than ours, then perhaps

they have pushed the boundries of applied physics.

Four types of gallaxies. Spiral sorts are favorable to life, others much less so.

We live on the perimeter of our galaxy.

ftp://ftp.stsci.edu/pub/ExInEd/electronic...folder/TOPS.pdf (page 15)

Very true Nax, but evenso these conspiracies would only last for the lengt of their working career on average.

Anyway one question for any American here,how many missing children (say...3-7yrs old?) are reported in the States alone yearly??Just asking out of curiousity original.gif

I once believed in aliens and spacecrafts but not life on other planets the reason why I'm not a sceptic is because of a show of all things. I watched a show on the Space Channel on aliens and stuff the guy (that they interviewed) said he was abducted, and (and here's the bizare part) said that the aliens couldn't breath our air. (that got me thinking) And that they (meaning the aliens) used robots to inspect him! Sheesh! And I remember being kinda disapointed that he passed his lie dector test. The reason why now I'm a skeptic (and still am) is becaus of two things: 1) the aliens couldn't breath our atmosphere/air. 2) that they had to use robots to inspect him! That got be thinking about aliens. And thats why I don't believe, yes it sounds crazy because I watched a tv show about them. laugh.gif