Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

sleep talking in a different language

Lawna

ok this may sound completely odd, but that is only because it is completely odd...

i was sleeping at my friends house awhile back and our eqytian friend was also sleeping over. our eqytian friend just moved near us and also speaks arabic.

anyways, in my dream an angel came to me and he continuously told me to read this language that i didn't speak. i repeatedly told him that I can't read, and even if i could, i can't speak that language. the angel told me to try, and i did, and suddenly i could speak that language fluently. the angel told me that it was the koran, and that i have to spread the word about it, because it is very important for others to know.

during this entire dream i guess i was sleep talking, and i was speaking arabic. the egytian girl told me everything i had said in my sleep. please note that i don't speak arabic, and i had no idea what the koran was until i researched it. i didnt even hear the word before my dream.

• Like 1

What an interesting dream! I've never spoken alloud in another language before from what I was dreaming; but I have had dreams where I spoke a different language fluently. Weird, huh?

That is weird I remember a few years back my dad told me that one night my mam was sleep talking. Apparently she was shouting in what my dad thought was some sort of Chinese/oriental dialect. I never give it another thought until i opened this topic so i find this very interesting.

anyways, in my dream an angel came to me and he continuously told me to read this language that i didn't speak. i repeatedly told him that I can't read, and even if i could, i can't speak that language. the angel told me to try, and i did, and suddenly i could speak that language fluently. the angel told me that it was the koran, and that i have to spread the word about it, because it is very important for others to know.

Wow! This is amazing. Well, I have had a couple dreams where I was speaking in Italian with an elderly couple. I have also spoken Spanish in a few of my dreams. But I have never spoken a language in my dream that I didn't know.

during this entire dream i guess i was sleep talking, and i was speaking arabic. the egytian girl told me everything i had said in my sleep. please note that i don't speak arabic, and i had no idea what the koran was until i researched it. i didnt even hear the word before my dream.

Lawna, have you had a chance to read the Koran since your dream, and if so, what effect did it have on you? Because of your dream, do you feel you should spread the word about it? Also, I'm curious, what did the angel look like in your dream?

http://ashiana.conforums.com/index.cgi

~ Isis2200

linked-image

suppressed past life languages?

suppressed past life languages?

Maybe you should try to remember what the angel told you and analyze the dream more thoroughly...because, as i understood, you weren't just talking in Arabic, you were also reading it and that is really really weird. :blink::blink:

• 5 years later...

Hi my names salma. Im muslim and i jus read ur blog. I was so shocked because your story pretty much matches up on how the prophet Muhammad S.A.W started speaking arabic. The angel also asked him to read arabic even though he couldnt. The angel asked him several times, till he jus started speaking it, thats how he started reading the quran. I story goes something like this.

• Like 1

Its obvious that the angel came in ur dream for a reason. Subhanallah. You should be considered lucky to have this kinda. . Dont jus forget about it

• Like 2

When my son was 10 he talked in his sleep in a language I couldn't recognise. He was sleeping on one side of the room and my sister and I were on the other side of the room talking quietly to each other. He suddenly sat bolt upright in his bed and started talking loudly and clearly. It wasn't gibberish, it was paced like ordinary speech and had inflections and changes of tone and emphasis. There was an overall 'cohesiveness' to it, as opposed to random sounds jumbled together. It lasted for about a minute and he never did it again(as far as I know). My sister speaks three languages and she was unable to make a guess at what language was being spoken, not even a very generalised guess. When he stopped talking, my son lay down again and continued sleeping. In the morning I asked him what he had been dreaming about but he couldn't remember.

• 7 months later...

Hi Lawna,

Please treat this as a sign, not everyone is fortunate enough to get an opportunity like this.

Mohammad s.a.v was and is the greatest prophet of all time. If you get the chance to read the Koran, you will find that he loved to help people, would feed the hungry before feeding himself and wanted people to treat women like precious flowers. Islam is definitely a religion of peace and one that you should be spreading the word on.

I advise those who havent read the Koran to read it because you will find that many of the negative things we hear on the media about crimes committed by the Arab world, have nothing to do with the religion itself.

Islam is the most peaceful and tolerant religion - it is the only religion which acknowledges the existence of prophets who belong to other religions.

I hope everyone gets the chance to see how beautiful Islam is.

• Like 1

ok this may sound completely odd, but that is only because it is completely odd...

i was sleeping at my friends house awhile back and our eqytian friend was also sleeping over. our eqytian friend just moved near us and also speaks arabic.

Did she tell you what you were saying?? This is truly amazing. Reminds me in the bible in the book of Acts when the apostles received other tongues at Pentecost. Many christians think talking in tongues means just babbling incoherently, which can put you in a meditative state but is in no way a divine impartation of another tongue... this was the holy spirit that came upon you. The bible says that the people that were near and knew the language testified that the apostles were giving glory to god... what did she say you were saying?

When was this and has anything else happened since?

Edited by SpiritWriter

Well now I see this post is really old and you probably wont reply. But god bless you wherever you are... this is an amazing blessing. I am sure you are blessed..

Pretty coincidental that this is the SAME EXACT STORY as the origins of Islam.

The prophet Mohammed was camping out in the middle of the desert (probably on hashish), when he visited by an angel. Then, the same story plays out word for word.

I really hope you arent trying to fool people who arent familiar with the origins of one of histories' largest religions.

• Like 1

Pretty coincidental that this is the SAME EXACT STORY as the origins of Islam.

The prophet Mohammed was camping out in the middle of the desert (probably on hashish), when he visited by an angel. Then, the same story plays out word for word.

I really hope you arent trying to fool people who arent familiar with the origins of one of histories' largest religions.

I hope not too...