Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

?racist?

X-KID

The Globetrotters>>>Batman and Robin.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OlDrippy34

• eqgumby

• MakeshiftSage

• m. Moe

The Globetrotters>>>Batman and Robin.

haha I agree there. The Joker was just too cheezy.

Didn't Scooby Doo end up fighting the Legion of Doom or something? Those crossovers were bizarre.

I just remembered another Bugs Bunny I saw when I was really little, but I loved...it was a typical Bugs Bunny cartoon, only instead of being hunted by Elmer Fudd or someone like that, he was being hunted by some little stereotypical Sambo type character. It was great.

And that one where Elmer Fudd is a Mountie, and he's about to execute Bugs Bunny via firing squad, but then the firing squad puts on blackface and starts singing Dixie instead. Glorious.

i think the Flintstones and the jetsons are racist because the flint stones takes place along time ago and in that show there are no hispanic people , african-americans , or asians and the jetsons take place in the future and still no hispanic people or african-americans or asians

what do you think

I think you could have tried to make that tongue in your cheek a little less obvious! :lol:

Reminds me of Pat Robertson saying Tinky Winky was a obviously a gay icon, because it had a triangle antennae and carried a purse! Like anyone actually believes a tele tubbie is a role model for sexual preferences and activity! ~looks at Barney the Dinosaur~ Yeah, you heard it grape boy! Work that purple! :w00t:

How about Speedy Gonzales? Didnt he get canned because it was deemed racist? Apparently, its untrue that mexican mice are all lazy and slow (except Speedy). We lost the frito bandito to. The list goes on and on.

linked-image

Edited by el midgetron

Does anyone remember that song 'young, black & gifted' by Nina Simone.

I've often wondered if there would be an outcry from the black community if a white artist had brought out 'young, white & gifted' !!!

Does anyone remember that song 'young, black & gifted' by Nina Simone.

I've often wondered if there would be an outcry from the black community if a white artist had brought out 'young, white & gifted' !!!

Well, how's about "White an' Nerdy" by Weird Al? I thought that was pretty special...

Well, how's about "White an' Nerdy" by Weird Al? I thought that was pretty special...

But seriously tho'.....

Special Ed...................

Ugh... the word "racism" has lost all meaning, due to the fact it's thrown around like a frisbee...

tbh, I think the only reason every little thing said or done is deemed racist, is because of PC groups deciding race is a bad thing...

I think our society is becoming so anal retentive and obsessed with PCSpeak , that one day we'll see an end to all parodies, in media. There was a movie some years ago , it might have even been "I Robot", (Will Smith). But there were protesters at the premier! Their cause? They were appalled at the violent depiction of cybernetic life forms. :wacko: I can see their point, given they're a huge political constituency, in America. Though I somehow think it odd that their cousins enliven the microphones and audio equipment on both sides of the Aisle! :P:lol: Dont tick off the robots people! They're here, they have feelings implanted in their chips and they vote! Damn it. It's simply not PC to call your computer a PC! It could imply an ism, ya know.

I think the whole pc thing is way out of hand. Remember the huge black maid on the Tom and Jerry cartoons? I saw one recently and they'd changed her voice. Why? Why edit the old cartoons and pretend it never happened? It's ridiculous. People just need to get a sense of humor. Or just freaking die.

I think the whole pc thing is way out of hand. Remember the huge black maid on the Tom and Jerry cartoons? I saw one recently and they'd changed her voice. Why? Why edit the old cartoons and pretend it never happened? It's ridiculous. People just need to get a sense of humor. Or just freaking die.

:lol: wow coldethyl! I was just going to mention the same thing! Tomas... where's that damn cat :lol:

I tell ya she a positive role model.

Song of the South is deemed racist and you can't buy a copy any more unless it's an old one.

What version is that? I never heard of that before, unless it's a different version or different song all-together.

I think our society is becoming so anal retentive and obsessed with PCSpeak , that one day we'll see an end to all parodies, in media. There was a movie some years ago , it might have even been "I Robot", (Will Smith). But there were protesters at the premier! Their cause? They were appalled at the violent depiction of cybernetic life forms. :wacko: I can see their point, given they're a huge political constituency, in America. Though I somehow think it odd that their cousins enliven the microphones and audio equipment on both sides of the Aisle! :P:lol: Dont tick off the robots people! They're here, they have feelings implanted in their chips and they vote! Damn it. It's simply not PC to call your computer a PC! It could imply an ism, ya know.

That might have been for Star Wars. I remember there were a lot of protests because all of the clones were Latino, and the Latino community got angry about that and said it was racist.

That might have been for Star Wars. I remember there were a lot of protests because all of the clones were Latino, and the Latino community got angry about that and said it was racist.
I remember the star wars fiasco. Implying racist propaganda seeded in all the character associations and the story line. There's a 9 foot fur ball packin heat and someone thinks there's a racist slant involved in Wookie peccadillo's! Yeah, right! Like people need another vehicle for hate, so why not hit Sci-Fi!

Darth Vader is a helmet head! :P

Oh hell,now I'm in for the law suits. I have to remember to be sensitive to the many cultures across the world that frequent theaters and may take offense to such an observation! :blink:

I think the Star Wars thing was actually an insult, by those groups that sought to bring the allegations of racism in the story, to the people they implied the story insulted with racial undertones. I swear, it's as if in saying Lucas did that purposefully, the reactionary activist groups are as good as saying there's a relevant correlation to imply a cultural representation in sci-fi characters! Even when George Lucas had no intention along those lines at all. To say that's what those groups believe is there in subtle allusion, is to say the allusion fits! Who's fault and insult then, is being broadcast?! ;)

I agree PC think is getting to be like the Orwell classic "1984" and newspeak! Thought police, blackwhite, etc... all those key phrases in the book that alluded to fearing to think or speak outside the approved norm, under authority of "Big Brother". http://www.newspeakdictionary.com/ns-dict.html

I remember the star wars fiasco. Implying racist propaganda seeded in all the character associations and the story line. There's a 9 foot fur ball packin heat and someone thinks there's a racist slant involved in Wookie peccadillo's! Yeah, right! Like people need another vehicle for hate, so why not hit Sci-Fi!

Darth Vader is a helmet head! :P

Oh hell,now I'm in for the law suits. I have to remember to be sensitive to the many cultures across the world that frequent theaters and may take offense to such an observation! :blink:

I think the Star Wars thing was actually an insult, by those groups that sought to bring the allegations of racism in the story, to the people they implied the story insulted with racial undertones. I swear, it's as if in saying Lucas did that purposefully, the reactionary activist groups are as good as saying there's a relevant correlation to imply a cultural representation in sci-fi characters! Even when George Lucas had no intention along those lines at all. To say that's what those groups believe is there in subtle allusion, is to say the allusion fits! Who's fault and insult then, is being broadcast?! ;)

I agree PC think is getting to be like the Orwell classic "1984" and newspeak! Thought police, blackwhite, etc... all those key phrases in the book that alluded to fearing to think or speak outside the approved norm, under authority of "Big Brother". http://www.newspeakdictionary.com/ns-dict.html

i think the flintstones and the jetsons are racist because the flint stones takes place along time ago and in that show there are no hispanic people , african-americans , or asians and the jetsons take place in the future and still no hispanic people or african-americans or asians

what do you think

I think your an idiot for think something like an old cartoon is racist. Sorry they cant have every race in every tv show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q8LxO4wnCQ there ya go buddy! lighten up. :rolleyes:

Also the Viceroy/ Japanese connection caused a bit of stir.

i think the flintstones and the jetsons are racist because the flint stones takes place along time ago and in that show there are no hispanic people , african-americans , or asians and the jetsons take place in the future and still no hispanic people or african-americans or asians

what do you think

If you live in a country with mostly white people, and everybody who works on the cartoons are white, how can it be racist if the show features an all white cast?

People are getting so uptight these days! It's like, if you want to make a movie that isn't "racist", you have to include at least one of every race in the movie. It's rediculous.

Now, it would be totally different if all the robots in the Jetsons were colored black, or if the Flintstones had black servants or something. But simply excluding a race from a program does note denote an attitude of bigotry.

If you make entertainment, you make it for a key demographic. If said demographic is mainly white, then you advertise and cater to that. It's why McDonalds Commercials in the southern states show cowboys and hispanics and such, and McDonalds commercials in western Canada show hockey players, and Indo-canadians.

If you live in a country with mostly white people, and everybody who works on the cartoons are white, how can it be racist if the show features an all white cast?

People are getting so uptight these days! It's like, if you want to make a movie that isn't "racist", you have to include at least one of every race in the movie. It's rediculous.

Now, it would be totally different if all the robots in the Jetsons were colored black, or if the Flintstones had black servants or something. But simply excluding a race from a program does note denote an attitude of bigotry.

If you make entertainment, you make it for a key demographic. If said demographic is mainly white, then you advertise and cater to that. It's why McDonalds Commercials in the southern states show cowboys and hispanics and such, and McDonalds commercials in western Canada show hockey players, and Indo-canadians.

Exactly. Its like saying "I'm p***ed cause they dont show enough white people on BET!"