Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Grim reaper

steffibaby

Either that is a bad sign or mabe you were in astro travel and you may have seen him. Did you feel a jerk as u awoke?

Hi Vice:

No, I didn't feel a jerk when I awoke. And from everything I know, there wasn't anything bad nor was there any deaths after that occurrence.

http://ashiana.conforums.com/index.cgi

~ Isis2200

• 1 year later...

Because you see the reaper doesn’t necessarily mean that you will die. As a child of 5 years I saw the reaper about three times a week for over a year. I walked out of my room at night. He was standing in the hallway. A dark hooded figure in black robe, it was even darker where his face should have been. I ran down the hall to my parent’s room and would hide under the bed. After an hour or so I would get the nerve to look around the corner to see if he was still there. Instead of being at the end of the hall he would be half way down the hallway. I hid under a blanket holding my breath so he could see me breathing. I would check the hallway again and he was even closer. I would finally fall asleep hiding under the blanket. One day I just quit seeing him, and I don’t know why. That was over forty years ago and I am still here so don’t get overly concerned for your life if you see him.

Isn't why they call the "Grim" Reaper such, because he has a 'grimace' on his face? He usually has skeletal features. I think what you saw was a "hooded' demon entity, like I was reading on other threads on here.

• 3 years later...

When my Dad was younger he was babysitting his 2 younger nephews at his sisters house. When the kids were asleep, my dad was sitting on the couch watching tv,

Something caught his eye and when he looked, he saw the grim reaper walking out of their bedroom with one of the kids in his arms, so he yelled out and he vanished. My Dad then ran into the room where the kids were, and there they were both fast asleep just fine. My Dad said he never felt so terrified in his life.

Death has haunted our family since before I and My Dad can remember, When he was just 3 months old his father was killed by his own truck, and by the time he was 3 years old his mother died, leaving him and his brothers and sisters. My Dad grew up in a very rough emotionally and physically abusive family with his aunt and uncle and house full of 16 kids. After I was born and around the time I was 9 turning 10, My Dads best friend( pretty mujch brother) died of an accidental china white overdose. It was a slow death with him being on life support, a few days after he died, Another one of my Dads & my moms really close almost family died in mexico saving 2 kids from drowning, the kids survived, he didnt. A couple weeks later my mom, brother, another close family friend/almost family and her daughter and myself went spent 2 nd ahalf weeks at a cottage.While we were up there the friends little girl kept seeing shadows of a ballerina on the walls and would talk to them. 4 days after we left, Her mother died of an aneurysm.. At the cottage the clock stoped at the time of her death, and where the clock was was where her daughter was seeing the shadows.. my mothers watch also stoped at the time of her death and both the watch at the clock havnt worked since. Within that year we had over 7 people die and ever since then all the good in our lives has gone.

3 years ago I was living with my mom and was doing out of school schooling.. I was home alone doing my school work when a reflection in the turned off television caught my eye.. It was the grim reaper, black robe, staff and all .

I was oddly not scared, he whisperd something quietly that I didnt catch, so I turned about to say what and he was gone. That summer I ran off to B.C with an a boyfriend at the time ( ex now) and his friend. Me and the boyfriend got caught up in heroin, I got reallly really sick (sware i was dieing) and finally made it back home, where I herd if I hadnt left when I did, I would have bin sold to the sex trade for drugs. Alot of ****ed up things happend out there that could have killed me, and Im now thinking seeing him was like a warning, cuz when I was in bed, sick and honestly felt I was dieing all I could think about was seeing him, all I did in bed was draw and write about him.

I havnt seen him since though I kinda wish I would, I keep my eyes,ears and mind more open now.

Edited by TheCarly

• 4 months later...

I think you should write down your experiences, tragic as they are. It may help you to find some explanation, or closure. You could keep up the writing and even self-publish your story onto Amazon Kindle or somewhere, and help others who may be going through bad ****. Best wishes.

necro thread...nice.....

If you can see death....he can see you.

In all seriousness..nothing...but I had to comment as this is an ancient thread....well done....I personally love necro threads because the creator might actually be dead and we will never lmow.....

I think it means that something is going to end and that always means a new beginning. Could be anything ending, a job, relationship, investments.

• 8 months later...

No your not insane and it is not sleep paralysis either. What you saw was real cause I saw it Death/Grim Reaper last Saturday around 4 pm. I know for a fact that i am not insane because I can literally see dead people. No I am not insane either. It runs within your blood sometimes to see that type of stuff. I have it in my blood because I know that it is really real. I have tried a lot of strange things. There is times where I would be able to talk to them sometimes. There is also times where things are mysteriously moved. When it comes to the Spirits they mean well sometimes. They don't mean to hurt you at all on any level. The only way you know sometimes when there is a spirit around is when a room is really warm and you get a major cold chill. Like almost ice cold. No this ain't a lie because i have seen this stuff since i was 2 years old. Alien Embryo you are not insane. People see stuff like this everyday.

Edited by Wolf03
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have met/seen the grim reaper. -------it can take over peoples bodies ------my friend was driving the car and he turned into the grim reaper-(it was huge ) black and had the hoodie on I could see its bones in its hands shifting the gears (I think it has to take a human form over to kill its victim //not sure))-----I reached for the emergency brake but the grim reaper touched me and paralized me. When he touched me I could read his mind ---------he was there to kill me ----------he was given permission to kill me ----------------he is given permission to take all that no longer want to live,,,the weak ,,,sick,,,,on drugs ----------I bet you are wondering why i am alive???At the exact point of death if your first thought is of Jesus Christ you can ask favor and it will be granted ------------this is in the BIBLE ----------my Aunt found it years later and read it to me --------Im not sure of the passage----------I asked to be spared that said that I would try to have a better life ,,I further asked that I not be paralized--------------The car was totaled---------my side of the car was wrapped around a tree -----------the car was horse shoed around the tree-----the doctors did not know why I was alive ---------I had broken a piece out of C5 in my neck and my spinal cord was exposed-----------------I was put in traction-----------I had multiple other severe injuries as well but fracture of C5 is suposed to kill you ----If you are visited by the grim reaper it might be someone that you know that has been temporarily taken over---------do not leave loved ones alone if they are feeling down -----------------bring them up if you love them ----------show them life is good or else the reaper might come for them ----------I only got to read the reapers mind for a split second when it touched me so what I wrote above is all I know about it -------------sorry I didnt get more----------PS before I met the reaper ----I had no knowledge of it --------------it is just like the pictures-----but I have to add that it is very tall------------at least the one I met-----------

Last night when I was sleeping, it was abt 4 in the morning...my eyes were closed but i heard a sound...it soudned like soemone was using a towel to dry the hair...it was abt twice when I turnd my head towards the direction of the sound - then though it sounds crazy but my eyes were closed and I saw this figure..it was all grey and hooded...it was blank and black in the place of a head and it was standing right in front of me.....i just said the word "Jesus" and woke up....

I was scared.....I came in to work today and goggled on this figure and found out that it was the grim reaper. IT WAS NO DREAM. I was so sure i saw it...but why? please help...tell me why did i see him?

Because you have some sort of an ******* in your family that was trying to scare you..

Sounds like sp but you shouldn't be afraid of the grim reaper, he's a good diety and is often misunderstood since this angels job is to regulate the dead

I have met/seen the grim reaper. -------it can take over peoples bodies ------my friend was driving the car and he turned into the grim reaper-(it was huge ) black and had the hoodie on I could see its bones in its hands shifting the gears (I think it has to take a human form over to kill its victim //not sure))-----I reached for the emergency brake but the grim reaper touched me and paralized me. When he touched me I could read his mind ---------he was there to kill me ----------he was given permission to kill me ----------------he is given permission to take all that no longer want to live,,,the weak ,,,sick,,,,on drugs ----------I bet you are wondering why i am alive???At the exact point of death if your first thought is of Jesus Christ you can ask favor and it will be granted ------------this is in the BIBLE ----------my Aunt found it years later and read it to me --------Im not sure of the passage----------I asked to be spared that said that I would try to have a better life ,,I further asked that I not be paralized--------------The car was totaled---------my side of the car was wrapped around a tree -----------the car was horse shoed around the tree-----the doctors did not know why I was alive ---------I had broken a piece out of C5 in my neck and my spinal cord was exposed-----------------I was put in traction-----------I had multiple other severe injuries as well but fracture of C5 is suposed to kill you ----If you are visited by the grim reaper it might be someone that you know that has been temporarily taken over---------do not leave loved ones alone if they are feeling down -----------------bring them up if you love them ----------show them life is good or else the reaper might come for them ----------I only got to read the reapers mind for a split second when it touched me so what I wrote above is all I know about it -------------sorry I didnt get more----------PS before I met the reaper ----I had no knowledge of it --------------it is just like the pictures-----but I have to add that it is very tall------------at least the one I met-----------

yes he/she ( I think it's a transgender spirit) is freakishly tall but if what you state is true, I'm greatly confused about the possession part, his job is to regulate death but possession? That sounds like something a demon would do, mr death is usually benevolent

• 1 year later...

Not to make you worry, but I've always heard if you see the grim reaper, it means your death is not too far away.

Right as close as the next corner is what i hear. Do fear the Reaper, Blue Oyster Cult may have been wrong.

Wow, you guys are kicking a dead horse here.

Most of the people that posted in this thread have been inactive for awhile.

Shuck's, i suppose i could relate a story though, for future generations to read.

A few days after my Father died, (early/mid 90's) my brother was laying on the couch in the dark listening to music.

He claimed he saw a hooded figure, which he likened to the grim reaper, walk from where my room was and into the kitchen.

60ft maybe. Though he didn't give the impression that it spooked him.

He said it just made the transit from point A to point B, never acknowledging him.

No mention of a scythe or sickle as i recall.

Probably sleep paralysis, i'll have to ask him, see if he even remembers it.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29/01/2007 at 6:05 PM, steffibaby said:

Last night when I was sleeping, it was abt 4 in the morning...my eyes were closed but i heard a sound...it soudned like soemone was using a towel to dry the hair...it was abt twice when I turnd my head towards the direction of the sound - then though it sounds crazy but my eyes were closed and I saw this figure..it was all grey and hooded...it was blank and black in the place of a head and it was standing right in front of me.....i just said the word "Jesus" and woke up....

I was scared.....I came in to work today and goggled on this figure and found out that it was the grim reaper. IT WAS NO DREAM. I was so sure i saw it...but why? please help...tell me why did i see him?

It could also be the spirit of spring, he has a thick, dark brown hooded long coat on, a large walking stick and no facial features.

Nothing to be scared or concerned about, and as others have said, most of the time they cannot hurt you physically.

The grim reaper could also mean, dramatic change, not necessary death.

On 05/02/2013 at 7:32 AM, Wolf03 said:

No your not insane and it is not sleep paralysis either. What you saw was real cause I saw it Death/Grim Reaper last Saturday around 4 pm. I know for a fact that i am not insane because I can literally see dead people. No I am not insane either. It runs within your blood sometimes to see that type of stuff. I have it in my blood because I know that it is really real. I have tried a lot of strange things. There is times where I would be able to talk to them sometimes. There is also times where things are mysteriously moved. When it comes to the Spirits they mean well sometimes. They don't mean to hurt you at all on any level. The only way you know sometimes when there is a spirit around is when a room is really warm and you get a major cold chill. Like almost ice cold. No this ain't a lie because i have seen this stuff since i was 2 years old. Alien Embryo you are not insane. People see stuff like this everyday.

Well put, same here, pretty disconcerting to try this at shopping centres, and see quite a lot comforting or just amuzing themselves, especially at food courts.

Some can be annoying and some are just the departed coming back for certain reasons.

My deceased Grandmother paid me a visit a while ago, and l didn't get the cold room, but the lights did flicker just before she popped in.

Had some other family members try to visit me as well, but apparently it is a tricky thing to pull off.

Don't know why some try so hard to tell us that we are insane or imaging it all, we know that we are not insane or imagining it all, so they are wasting their breath on us.

It might be because we are having a rational discussion about this, and don't seem insane that stirs something up?

2 Years old, geesh, l was about 16 when l had my first experience with this kind of stuff.

B)

Edited by tmcom

when i was seven or eight  i had a simalure experience that i still remember as if it were yesterday . i was placed in the hospital for three nights in a shared room for serious stomach.  the first night the person in the next bed passed away very noisily.    I heard it and called a nurse. the second night the new person in the next bed passed away The noise woke me  again and woke up in time to see a cloaked shadow pass by my bed, on the wall in a darkened room.  the third night something touched me to wake me. or so it felt like and I opened my eyes and saw a hooded cloaked figure bending over me and  a rough raspy voice told me  " you better call the nurse,  this one is dead too.  the figure was wearing a hooded cloak and was holding a staff and i could not see a face under the hood. I screamed and the next thing I knew i was being held down by three big burly orderlies  fighting and screaming. when i finally calmed down I told the nurse what I saw and what i was told and they found the person in the next bed dead.  the next day i was released fdrom the hospital because  i was bad luck for people that shared a room with me they never did find out what was wrong with me. I sometimes still wonder if maybe that kid was half dreaming because of the noise made each time   Some of us are just lucky... or unlucky as the case may be.

Edited by mysticwerewolf

Sounds like the danger in that hospital was from the treatment, not the  spooks !