Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ask a Muslim

muslim

Hey.. Ive met people who dont even know that Muslims believe in God. So I figured Id make this post where you guys can ask me abut Islam, if you like. This post is by no means intended to be a debate. I will not debate anyone. This is intended to be a friendly chit chat and a way of understanding others faiths better thus making us closer. The Quran says that:

"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other. Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well-acquainted. (The Noble Quran, 49:13)"

note: we is a plural of respect nothing more nothing less.

This is only for people who are interested to learn about Islam not for those who want to debate as I have previosly said. :) I am by no means a scholar, so if I cant answer something most likely Ill adress u to somewhere which will have answers. Please, no politics. Strictly religion.

Edited by muslim

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• muslim

• seanph

• Nova Scotia

• momentarylapseofreason

one thing that I have allways wondered do followers of Islam consider their one God the same as the Hebrew God of the Christians and Jews. I have heard a few things that say yes and no. Which is it?

Is it haraam for muslims to be liberal or moderate on social issues like same sex marriage and abortion? Even if you do not agree or practice the above mentioned? For example: You practice and follow the words of Islam, but feel if a woman wants to have an abortion it is up to her, or if two men get married it doesn't directly affect you so you have no say so in the matter?

I hope this isn't a question that will start a firey debate, because it truly is a question that I've been wondering about.

EDIT: spelling

Edited by EmpressStarXVII

one thing that I have allways wondered do followers of Islam consider their one God the same as the Hebrew God of the Christians and Jews. I have heard a few things that say yes and no. Which is it?
By no what is meant is that no this is not a trinity God, thats all. So yes Allah is the God of Abraham of Moses of Jesus of Adam and so on. So Yes Muslims consider their God the same as the Christians and Jews in the sence of who He is. In the sence of what He is we differ.

The following is from the Quran and is adressed to Christians and Jews (people of the book, i.e the book God revealed, the Bible)

And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except with means better (than mere disputation), unless it be with those of them who inflict wrong (and injury): but say, "We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our Allah and your Allah is one; and it is to Him we surrender." (029.046)

Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will). (3.64)

Say ye: "We believe in Allah,

And the revelation given to us,

And to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac,

Jacob, and the Tribes,

And that given to Moses and Jesus

And that given to (all)

Prophets from their Lord:

We make no difference

Between one and another of them:

And we bow to Allah (in Islam)."

(Holy Qur'an 2:136).

So yeah its the same God :) Allah comes from the word Elah which mens "a god". "The God" in Arabic is Allah. So thats all their is to it.

The concept of God in Islam is summarized in this sura (chapter)

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

And there is none like unto Him.

(112)

(notice the Say, its because the Quran was a verbal revelation meaning the book was literally authored by God)

Is it haraam for muslims to be liberal or moderate on social issues like same sex marriage and abortion? Even if you do not agree or practice the above mentioned? For example: You practice and follow the words of Islam, but feel if a woman wants to have an abortion it is up to her, or if two men get married it doesn't directly affect you so you have no say so in the matter?

For Muslims to be liberal my answer is the same I would give if a Christian or Jew would be liberal which is that, since you, whatever relegio you follow, believe in this relegion you believe in its scripture. Since that scripture is from God and has laws, shouldnt you follow them? So for a Muslim to be liberal would be sort of disrespectful to God since God gave you these laws who are we humans to say that our laws are better than His. Abortion is only allowed in Islam if the baby was being tormented in her womb for whatever reason and so on that abortion would be the mercifull thing to do. The Muslim perspective is that God sent this relegion to clear the doubts of the ppl of those who were lost as to what to follow and so (Jews and Christians) to guide them and explain everything to them in detail as to what was not explained before. So Islam is a very huge relegion with its laws and so on its very deep its more than a relegion its a way of life, its a social system, a political system, an economic system, its the full deal. So for a Muslim to change in that is very frowned upon because we arent allowed to change anything so that we wont fall in the trap of those before us. Eveything in the Muslim society affects Muslims, we believe we are responsible to make our society a healthy one. We are obligated in Islam to forbid evil and and advise people to do good. So theres no such thing in Islam as to this is none of my bussiness. Every thing a person does, be it in Islam or any other relegion, affects his society, its natural, so we have to forbid all thats wrong (by nice advice of course not by harsh ways). As for moderate, we believe that Islam is a relegion meant for all times and all peoples and all places so it is moderate so u cant be moderate if you arent unoderate. This is the Muslim perspective I know you might have a different opinion thats alright.

Edited by muslim

I appreciate your offering of this thread muslim. :)

With the impression that many are getting now of the whole of Islamic faith, being generated by those that are seeking to martyr themselves, what is the justification in the Quran for their doing so!? If Allah is merciful and good, the Abrahamic god that carries the christian and the jewish gods in it's book, how do Imam's justify inciting followers to kill christians, jews, and others in this terroristic campaign?! Like what you said about the "liberal" philosophy , and following the book, what in the book compels or gives approval for this violence?!

One more question: Would a non-muslim be able to enter a mosque, so as to learn what occurs in worship there!? Is there an etiquette for non-muslims, so as to show proper respect?

Thank you for reading this. :)

the bible told men of God to cry alloud and spare not ,to show his people their sins .

If you never their blood was on your hands .

If you did and they will not listen ,its on their own hands .

so all a christian has to do is witness and warn . And give the good news of the future Kingdom where Gods laws will lead to a perfect world .

So witness and warn is enough after that its your fault !

the bible told men of God to cry alloud and spare not ,to show his people their sins .

If you never their blood was on your hands .

If you did and they will not listen ,its on their own hands .

so all a christian has to do is witness and warn . And give the good news of the future Kingdom where Gods laws will lead to a perfect world .

So witness and warn is enough after that its your fault !

Pardon me, but is this OT? Or a question about Islam?! Why did you think that statement to be appropriate to the OP of this thread? :unsure2:

I appreciate your offering of this thread muslim.
I appreciate your participation ;)

With the impression that many are getting now of the whole of Islamic faith, being generated by those that are seeking to martyr themselves, what is the justification in the Quran for their doing so!? If Allah is merciful and good, the Abrahamic god that carries the christian and the jewish gods in it's book, how do Imam's justify inciting followers to kill christians, jews, and others in this terroristic campaign?! Like what you said about the "liberal" philosophy , and following the book, what in the book compels or gives approval for this violence?!

Ill try to answer your question without getting into politics okake ;)

The dillema going on today is a huge dillema. You see, the Quran says allows fighting in self defence. But the Quran doesnt allow you to transgress i.e attack. The Prophet Mohammed also made it very clear that we arent allowed to kill innocent people. He said "{...Do not betray, do not be excessive, do not kill a newborn child.}

this is very clear, extremely clear. He even forbade the killing of plants. These peoples actions, the terrorists think are justified simply because they believe they are defending themselves they forget the rules in Islam for warfare. We arent allowed to kill civilians, old people, woman, plants, children, only those who fght us (the army attacking us) other than that it isnt allowed. So these people theyre going against Islam and Islam has nothing to do with them and Mohammed foretold this he said that therell come a time where a group of people will start to speak about relegion and they know nothing about it and they will kill anyone easier than anything (meaning theyll think killing is allowed and justified just because they think their goals are good).

"And fight in the way of Allah those who fight you. But do not transgress the limits. Truly Allah loves not the transgressors" (Surah Al-Quran 2:190)

So war in self defence is allowed but not 1) transgression and 2) the killing of innocent people. The Quran also says that if you kill an innocent person its as if youve killed the entire world. And if uve saved a person its as if uve said the entire world.

"...If anyone killed a person not in retaliation for murder or to spread mischief in the land, it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind. And (likewise) if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the whole of mankind" (Quran 5:32)

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)

So as you see, killing innocents isnt allowed. These people are a minority and are not only condemned by Muslims but are also fought by Muslims.

Watch this: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63

Also, nowadays with the Media bombarding Islam with "Jihad" and so on, as uv said many people have a misconception. Lol go up to anyone in the media and ask them this question "what does the word jihad mean"? Immediately of course theyll shout out holly war !

The word Jihad doesnt even mean holly war did you know that? The word Jihad simply means "struggle". Its a struggle for Gods sake. And as the prophet said: "The best jihad is (by) the one who strives against his own self for Allah, The Mighty and Majestic" (Authentic hadith- Reported by At-Tabaranee) meaning that your struggle against your own evil desires is the greater Jihad i.e struggle for Gods sake. The word Jihad comes also from the word johd which means effort. Anything you do which is good for mankind in Islam is consider a type of jihad i.e struggle for Gods sake. If you go to school if you go to work and so on. The lesser Jihad is the war in self defence and or war to help Christians and or Jews those who are oppressed.

"And what is the matter with you that you do not fight in the cause of Allah and for those weak, ill treated and oppressed among men, women and children whose only cry is; 'Our Lord, rescue us from this town whose people are oppressors and raise for us from you one who will protect and raise for us from you one who will help"

(Quran 4:75)

But the second the oppressor stops we are to stop fighting also. One might say, well, why does a relegion have to have fighting as a part of it? Ill give a short simple answer which is that, no country on earth hasnt ever had in its history a war either it was attacked or it attacked. So if its people are faithfull and their relegion doesnt allow them to fight in self defence you know what would have happened? You would have been speaking German today. If no one stood up against Hitler he would have massacred millions more. And since Islam is also a way of life it allows this because it is a complete relegion i.e has a social system, political system, economical system, and so on.

Hope I gave a good answer? If u want to know more join us at www.turntoislam.com and im sure theyll give u better answers than I did.

One more question: Would a non-muslim be able to enter a mosque, so as to learn what occurs in worship there!? Is there an etiquette for non-muslims, so as to show proper respect?
Yes you're allowed to enter. If ur in USA you can call the nearest mosque to you and ask for an apointment I think. As for the etiquette just dont enter the mosque with your shoes since its a place of worship we take off our shoes. Other than that dont worry about it.

Thank you for reading this.

Please ask more, there are many parts of Islam which are simply beatifull yet most of you dont know about :( Did you know that of the most important things in Islam are ethics? Muslims arent allowed to speak in a language a third person with them doesnt understand. Did you know that a smile in Islam is considered charity? And that the greatest act of charity is when a husband feeds his wife with his hand ;)

Mohammed peace be upon him said "I have been sent to perfect the high moral standards".

Did you know that Muslim woman, at a time where in Europe not only couldnt they own property, but were even considered soulless in europe, in Arabia could own property, vote, had to be educated (it is obligatory in Islam to seek knowledge) and even speak up gainst the Muslim ruler if they want and say their opinion in the mosque without anyone stoping them? Nowadays culture has kicked in and woman have become opressed in some Muslim countries, not because of Islam, but because of the people moving away from islams teachings to culture.

Edited by muslim

A very good question, GW. One I am most interested in hearing an answer to edit: it appears it's already been answered - thanks muslim :P

Pardon me, but is this OT? Or a question about Islam?! Why did you think that statement to be appropriate to the OP of this thread? :unsure2:
Seems a little OT (off topic, that is, if that's what you meant). Edited by Paranoid Android

Hey you stole my idea, thats ok cause i stole it from somone else. Really glad to see this kind of disscution going on. The free exchange of ideas and beliefs is what will help lead to a better peace amoungst all people.

Looking forward to reading more when i get the chance.

Now to a question. What is the offical Islamic view on Jesus Christ. Do they belive he was a profit, do they belive he died, I know he is recognized I just would like to know in what form.

Also do you recognize the Jewish OT as holy scripture, being that Islam is an Abrahamic religon, just wondering what the offical view on that Text is.

Thanks

PB

Great thread, ive already learnt things that i was previously unaware of, Thank you

What is the offical view of islam when you encounter someone who will not convert to your religon. I understand Islam is evangelical in the same way Christianity is in that it wishes to spread its faith.

Also a personal question, do you agree with some of the Muslims in this world who beilve and practice the idea of convert or be killed. As this is a reality in this world today i would be interested to hear your answer.

Also understand that this is just a question, i fully recognize that the Christian faith has done many horrible things to many people in trying to impose its faith on those who did not wish to belive.

Thanks

PB

I WORK UNDER COMPLETE INSPIRATION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT DON"T KNOW WHY I DO WHAT I DO

LOL

I think i had just read Empressstars first question and felt i should give what i veiw as the christion point of veiw .

Edited by Nova Scotia

A very good question, GW. One I am most interested in hearing an answer to edit: it appears it's already been answered - thanks muslim :P

Seems a little OT (off topic, that is, if that's what you meant).

Yes, off topic , was my meaning. :)

Thank you Muslim for your answers. It's unfortunate the media promotes the viciousness perpetrated in the name of islam and doesn't allude to the fact that it's contrary to the true teachings of islam. Then again, it doesn't sell well to promote that patriotic spirit that compels people to join the military and fight what's occurring. Or maybe, they figure it doesn't matter that this is contrary to the teachings of Muhammad (Pbuh) and the Quran. A glaring omission, imo, that would to paint the vicious facade of the martyr minded, terrorists, upon all muslims, just by inference. I've been in airports and listened to people murmur about their reticence to board a flight I'm on, when they see what appears to be muslims in the jet way, waiting to board. To which I've walked up to those people and said very politely: What if we were all judged, on sight, for the actions of our predecessors?! Aren't we all children of god, worthy of respect rather than hate because of what we assume about others!? < I say that to the one's wearing religious iconography.

Then I went up and stood right behind the muslims that were standing alone in that line, waiting to board. Sure enough, there I was. Muslims and an atheist, taking the lead. And sure enough, all that murmuring stopped and we all boarded together. ;) Sometimes you just have to set aside the fear, and trust the now.

Now to a question. What is the offical Islamic view on Jesus Christ. Do they belive he was a profit, do they belive he died, I know he is recognized I just would like to know in what form.
Ok. The official Islamic view of Jesus Christ peace be upon him is:

1) He was the Christ i.e the Messiah that the Jews were waiting for.

2) He was born miraculously without any male intervention

3) He gave life to the dead by Gods permission and did all the miracles he did.

4) He was one of the greatest prophets

5) He wasnt God and or the son of God. Because we believe God is One and absolutely one. We believe God is very exalted above having any partners or associates or equals.

No we do not believe Jesus peace be upon him died. We believe God saved him from the crusifiction and lifted him up into heaven. We dont believe Jesus had to die for anyones sins because the original sin is rejected in Islam. We believe that salvation is achieved by deeds. You do good, you enter heaven God willing. You do bad and repent, God forgives you. You do bad and dont repent, if God wants to forgive you He does and if He doesnt than you have to be responsible for your own actions. We do not believe that sin is inherited or anything like that we believe everyone is born pure and innocent.

Jesus's creation in the Quran:

The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was. (003.059)

The angels giving Marry glad tidings:

Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah;

He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. And he shall be (of the company) of the righteous."

She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is!

And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel,

"And (appoint him) a messenger to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;

'(I have come to you), to attest the Law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (Before) forbidden to you; I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear Allah, and obey me.

(3.45-50)

Jesus's Crusifixion:

That they said (the Jews) (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- (004.157)

Also do you recognize the Jewish OT as holy scripture, being that Islam is an Abrahamic religon, just wondering what the offical view on that Text is.

We recognize all the scriptures sent by God but we dont follow them because the Quran is the final revelation and in it everything is explained in detail and things which were unclear in the OT were made clearer here etc so we dont follow the OT.

What is the offical view of islam when you encounter someone who will not convert to your religon. I understand Islam is evangelical in the same way Christianity is in that it wishes to spread its faith.

Forced conversion isnt allowed in Islam. The Quran says:

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. (002.256)

So we arent allowed to force anyone become a Muslim.

If a person lives in a Muslim country and isnt a Muslim he has to pay a yearly tuotion which is about maybe 100 dollars and in return the governent protects him from anyone who tries to harm him and his religious rights and he can practise his religion as he wills. If he desnt pay than he has to promise that if the country is invaded he will defend it too. This was all done one thousand years ago at a time where the world knew nothing about religiose freedom,many scholars today say that he doesnt even have to pay anything. Non Muslims can live with Muslims freely and practice their relegion freely as they wish. In many cases in Islamic history, when the non Muslims couldnt pay the money because they had problems problems the Muslim government would support them with money too (this was done by Omar ibn il Khattab the second Muslim ruler).

Edited by muslim

Great thread, ive already learnt things that i was previously unaware of, Thank you
You're welcome mate =D

Yes, off topic , was my meaning.

Thank you Muslim for your answers. It's unfortunate the media promotes the viciousness perpetrated in the name of islam and doesn't allude to the fact that it's contrary to the true teachings of islam. Then again, it doesn't sell well to promote that patriotic spirit that compels people to join the military and fight what's occurring. Or maybe, they figure it doesn't matter that this is contrary to the teachings of Muhammad (Pbuh) and the Quran. A glaring omission, imo, that would to paint the vicious facade of the martyr minded, terrorists, upon all muslims, just by inference. I've been in airports and listened to people murmur about their reticence to board a flight I'm on, when they see what appears to be muslims in the jet way, waiting to board. To which I've walked up to those people and said very politely: What if we were all judged, on sight, for the actions of our predecessors?! Aren't we all children of god, worthy of respect rather than hate because of what we assume about others!? < I say that to the one's wearing religious iconography.

Then I went up and stood right behind the muslims that were standing alone in that line, waiting to board. Sure enough, there I was. Muslims and an atheist, taking the lead. And sure enough, all that murmuring stopped and we all boarded together. Sometimes you just have to set aside the fear, and trust the now.

Thank you for your kind words, such words come from none other than a pure heart :) thank you.

Ok. The official Islamic view of Jesus Christ peace be upon him is:

1) He was the Christ i.e the Messiah that the Jews were waiting for.

2) He was born miraculously without any male intervention

3) He gave life to the dead by Gods permission and did all the miracles he did.

4) He was one of the greatest prophets

5) He wasnt God and or the son of God. Because we believe God is One and absolutely one. We believe God is very exalted above having any partners or associates or equals.

No we do not believe Jesus peace be upon him died. We believe God saved him from the crusifiction and lifted him up into heaven. We dont believe Jesus had to die for anyones sins because the original sin is rejected in Islam. We believe that salvation is achieved by deeds. You do good, you enter heaven God willing. You do bad and repent, God forgives you. You do bad and dont repent, if God wants to forgive you He does and if He doesnt than you have to be responsible for your own actions. We do not believe that sin is inherited or anything like that we believe everyone is born pure and innocent.

Jesus's creation in the Quran:

The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was. (003.059)

The angels giving Marry glad tidings:

Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah;

He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. And he shall be (of the company) of the righteous."

She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is!

And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel,

"And (appoint him) a messenger to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;

'(I have come to you), to attest the Law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (Before) forbidden to you; I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear Allah, and obey me.

(3.45-50)

Jesus's Crusifixion:

That they said (the Jews) (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- (004.157)

We recognize all the scriptures sent by God but we dont follow them because the Quran is the final revelation and in it everything is explained in detail and things which were unclear in the OT were made clearer here etc so we dont follow the OT.

Forced conversion isnt allowed in Islam. The Quran says:

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. (002.256)

So we arent allowed to force anyone become a Muslim.

If a person lives in a Muslim country and isnt a Muslim he has to pay a yearly tuotion which is about maybe 100 dollars and in return the governent protects him from anyone who tries to harm him and his religious rights and he can practise his religion as he wills. If he desnt pay than he has to promise that if the country is invaded he will defend it too. This was all done one thousand years ago at a time where the world knew nothing about religiose freedom,many scholars today say that he doesnt even have to pay anything. Non Muslims can live with Muslims freely and practice their relegion freely as they wish. In many cases in Islamic history, when the non Muslims couldnt pay the money because they had problems problems the Muslim government would support them with money too (this was done by Omar ibn il Khattab the second Muslim ruler).

Thanks for the response, It really seams like we should be able to get along and practice our fatih with each other. Some of us may be wrong in our belifs, But we all belive in a merciful god. It is my hope and prayer that we can get beyond the cultural differnces and learn to live together and love one another as children of God. It seams to me as though Islam is going thorugh some of the same growing pains that Jewdism and Christianity did as they evolved and is having to learn how to deal with fanatics in its faith. Thats not to say we still dont have our share of fanatics, we do.

thanks for the answers. It sounds like we can agree do disagree peacefully.

PB

Thanks for the response, It really seams like we should be able to get along and practice our fatih with each other. Some of us may be wrong in our belifs, But we all belive in a merciful god. It is my hope and prayer that we can get beyond the cultural differnces and learn to live together and love one another as children of God. It seams to me as though Islam is going thorugh some of the same growing pains that Jewdism and Christianity did as they evolved and is having to learn how to deal with fanatics in its faith. Thats not to say we still dont have our share of fanatics, we do.

thanks for the answers. It sounds like we can agree do disagree peacefully.

PB

Thanks, I sure hope we can and God willing we will :) And thank you for inspiring me to write this read ;p

Thanks, I sure hope we can and God willing we will :) And thank you for inspiring me to write this read ;p

I have a question for you, how would your faith communitee, and by that i mean your congregation or whatever term you use, sorry i dont know what the proepr one is, look on having joint services or visitation by christians to a mosque or by musilms to a church. As our society continues to mesh we will have more instances where this happens, i am thinking of weddings, funerals and other such things or possibly even clsoe friendshipw and important evetns i peoples lives, Babtisam, first communion, Barmitsvas, I would include musilm cerimonies but i am sorry to say i dont know of any. Any way just wondering.

PB

I have a question for you, how would your faith communitee, and by that i mean your congregation or whatever term you use, sorry i dont know what the proepr one is, look on having joint services or visitation by christians to a mosque or by musilms to a church. As our society continues to mesh we will have more instances where this happens, i am thinking of weddings, funerals and other such things or possibly even clsoe friendshipw and important evetns i peoples lives, Babtisam, first communion, Barmitsvas, I would include musilm cerimonies but i am sorry to say i dont know of any. Any way just wondering.

PB

Its allowed of course since all are considered places of worship to the same God. We arent however allowed to participate in anything which contradicts with Islam i.e bowing to a minister etc because we're only allowed to bow to God. Such stuff like that. But generally, yes its allowed. Christians are allowed to visit mosques to ask about Islam and watch the Muslims pray etc.

I would also like to add to Godesswhispers that even the terrorists who have nothing to do with Islam dont believe in killing all Cristians and Jews. The Quran says you have your religion and I have mine. What they believe in is as follows. Since their country is according them occupied, they are defending themselves by fighting the occupation. So what do innocent Christians and Jews have to do with this? They believe, again, THEY believe that since tens and tens of innocent Muslims are killed by bombings and so on (for ex Iraq which was the strongest bombing a nation took after WW2) that they have the right to kill innocent Christians because innocent Muslims were killed too. Sort of an eye for an eye thing which is very wrong. Two wrongs dont make a right. They know and confess that these Christians are innocent but they say that is fair to kill them. These people are going against Mohammeds teachings who said do not killing innocent people and do not fight exept those who fight you and only those who are actually attacking you i.e the army.

There is nothing in the Islamic religion which goes against living with non Muslims in a community. It is the first religion which ever practised this too and Muslims and Christians and Jews lived in harmony in the Islamic country long ago. I'll tell you a little story which happened to Mohammed peace be upon him. His neighbor was Jewish, this guy hated Mohammed for claiming to be a prophet and especially since several Jews became Muslim. So what this guy would do was throw his garbage in front of Mohammeds house every day. He would also go to the extent of throwing glass on the ground and nails so that Mohamemd would step on them when he leaves his house. And every day Mohammed would leave his house, clean up the guys garbage and the mess he made and wouldnt even complain and wouldnt even speak to him. Keep in mind Mohammed was the ruler of Madinah the place where they were he could have easily did anything he wanted to this guy yet he didnt. One day Mohammed left his house and to his astonishment, there was no garbage, no nails and no glass. Now if this happened to you, you would have been releaved to say the very least. He went and asked about his neighbor and if anything has happened to him and they told him that he's ill and is in bed. He went and visited him. The guy told him "you do know it is me whos throwing all the garbage in front of your house"?! He said yes but you're my neighbor I have to respect you.

Muslims have no problem with living with Christians in peace :)

So what did you think of your muslim brother Sadam taking over Kuwait ?

And should the americans of stayed out of it and let him have your country?

So what did you think of your muslim brother Sadam taking over Kuwait ?

And should the americans of stayed out of it and let him have your country?

I said in the beggening I wont talk about politics.